Astro Bot |OT| gotta love them all!

OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Ehhh I would you son of a bitch. :p

I buy all games I find worthwhile. Stop pretending PC players pirate everything.

Got anything to back up this complete horseshit? No you don't.

All I see you do is spout "pc players". As if we're some sort of outcast.
But keep fighting Sony's war and sucking Sony corporate dick if that's your style.

But don't scold PC players based on a misplaced brainfart.

Now go whack off to an Astrobot Centerfold.
I got this to back me up. It's the numbers, steamdb.
And the amounts of seeders and leechers on torrent sites. I've not pirated a single game since like 15 years but I still have access to those sites.
Returnal got more seeders than active players on steam brotha... and that's on some shitty private tracker I checked.

I am not speaking for all people. I am/was a pc player and I always enjoyed single player games. But the truth is pc people are turning away from sp games and sales show that aside from soulslikes

Reactions: voke and Entropi
OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Anyway. I am almost done.
This is amazing.
And technically?! All the physics and performance? astonishing.
This game got the best anti aliasing I've ever seen. Not a single jaggy, shimmering, no nothing. Even with hundreds of diamons on the screen. not a single ghosting, fsr artifact. Clean as a postcard

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Just a post recommending Sackboy's adventure if you enjoy this game... while not on astro bots level, still a great platfomer that went kinda unnoticed, hell even by me, only got to it a few months ago.

• they're_right_you_know
  • fire
Reactions: Danja and Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Just a post recommending Sackboy's adventure if you enjoy this game... while not on astro bots level, still a great platfomer that went kinda unnoticed, hell even by me, only got to it a few months ago.

Agree.

Even created a thread regarding it.

Surprisingly great. Lots of Variety in Gameplay and Levels. Story was decent too and I actually prefer the villain in Sackboy over Astro.

My only issue would be how slow Sackboy moves and the really floaty jump.

Then again will it be Sackboy without this movement?

Can’t have every Platformer like Mario and Astro.

• Heart
Reactions: Danja and voke

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Sackboy is great too.

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
FINISHED. 100%. Took me exactly 20 hours so I have no idea how you people platinum it in 9 hours.
I still have like 8 trophies to go but F THAT. I am not playing for trophies and going back into the levels to do some arbitrary tasks is not fun for me.
I even cried a bit at the end. What an ending... man. Great game
Spoilers inside!

All puzzles
All bots
All gatcha
And of course... the Great master challenge. Holy crap it was so difficult. Took me good hour to do and I had to change my tshirt after :D So yeah... I was sweating.
Fantastic game. If I were to replay it again, I would skip the face button challanges. The game itself is perfectly enjoyable and balanced. it is rather on the easy side by itself and that's great.
20 hours. Great fun. I can recommend
And at the end when cpu throws you the little blue heart... I melted <3

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
It’s rare that I play a game and don’t want it to end. I’m having such a great time. The love and passion infused into this game are very palpable. It's my GOTY without any questions.

Reactions: Muddasar and voke

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
7 hours in, 4th galaxy, im starting to feel sad bc i dont want to finish this... but at the same time i cant put the controller down bc the game is getting better as i progress

OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
7 hours in, 4th galaxy, im starting to feel sad bc i dont want to finish this... but at the same time i cant put the controller down bc the game is getting better as i progress
just play slower! Took me 14 hours to get to 4th galaxy :p

Reactions: Muddasar

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I just finished the Snake area and bonus level. What a ride this game is...

It's Monday dammit. Cmon!

And I can't stand shortsighted assholes who pretend to hold all knowledge when they have none.
The Boomtown Rats Monday GIF

Reactions: Luffy123

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I'm 14 hours in and at the halfway point. Those red circle levels made the triangle levels a walk in the park. Game will probably take me 30 hours or so to complete it 100%. Give me more of these excellent 20-30 hour games for $60/$70 and I will have no complaints.

Reactions: Luffy123

MiyazakiLovesKojima

No, it's just your wishes.

They just released the little exclusive Final Fantasy VII Rebirth a few months ago plus there's minimum the 3rd FFVII remake chapter coming. They have other exclusives like FFVII Remake, FFXIV, FFXVI, Valkyrie Elysium and the big new IPs they released this gen (Babylon's Fall, Forspoken and Foamstars, even if weren't big successes) plus many games that are on PS4/PS5 and Switch but not in Xbox. Some of these exclusives may be timed, when published elsewhere will mean that their timed exclusivity ended, not that their deal is collapsing.

They have over 150 cameo bots in the game with several dozen different IPs from Sony, Capcom, Activision, Bandai Namco, Sega, Konami, Koei Tecmo, Arc System Works, Oddworld Inhabitants, Mediatonic/Epic, Ember Lab, BlueTwelve, Polyarc, and maybe more.

The legal work to get all of them must have been a nightmare and a lot of work and money. And well, they had to save some popular ones for DLCs or sequels from these comanies and also others like EA, Take 2, SE, Ubisoft, THQ or Devolver (just to name a few) for DLCs or sequels.

There's even also many iconic Sony IPs that aren't in the game, if they decided to don't put it here and place 3rd party or minor IPs instead must be because they plan to add them later, post launch/in DLCs or in a sequel.

And well, before this game there were already SE cameos in Astro's Playroom.
The Copium in this post is unbelievably hilarious 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Keep coping with the fact that Square Enix shot themselves in the foot for not including their IPs in Astro Bot due to a new shitty spinless leadership that wants to appease stockholders.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The Copium in this post is unbelievably hilarious 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Keep coping with the fact that Square Enix shot themselves in the foot for not including their IPs in Astro Bot due to a new shitty spinless leadership that wants to appease stockholders.
It's common sense, not copium.

To say that a multi billion corporation shoot themselves in the foot for not including cameos of their IPs in someone else's game is just a desilusional bad joke.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Game is a 10 and up and reviewers are snubbing it 10's cause its not nintendo on the box. I wonder what these reviewing assholes gonna do when the next Mario game is lacking compared to Astro Bot. What they going to do then give Mario 9.5 or 9 out of 10, fuckinhg losers.

Calling it now, the next mario game won't be better than this game.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko