Billbil-kun - Here's the name, the design of the new PlayStation console with lots of other new details.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sounds like a legit leak, seems very realistic and logical.

I assume it may use the same disc reader, Dual Sense and SSD expansion drive, maybe even plates, to optimize costs.

If even half of that turns out to be true, I'd have a lot of my faith in the brand restored.

But, it's 4Chan. So it's probably bogus :/
We know "Spiderman: Silk" and "Project Bluepoint" don't exist. Same goes with the Ape Escape from Team Asobi, they are working on Astro Bot and making prototypes. I'd say they are just guesses from random users. And well, Tokyo Jungle 2 made by Bandai Namco is a bad joke xDD

Last edited:

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Damage control against the PS5 pro has already been started by Shills
GWL37NWWAAANsHX

Reactions: Entropi

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
3 hours? Doubt it.

Bend’s new game being day one with PC sounds right on brand though.
Most likely Bend has a multiplayer portion for their new game which might explain it going day n date with PC. I remembered reading previous tidbits of rumors saying they'll have co-op or multiplayer of some sort included.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Exactly. The idea behind PS4 Pro was that Sony saw people abandoning consoles for PC more and more the longer the generation went so offering something more powerful was a way to stop it. But if you port your games to PC it doesn't make sense at all.
It doesn’t it’s counter intuitive to PS & shareholders to diminish the PS hardware/platform, PS storefront & PS ecosystem to bolster PC & Valve/Steam absolute dominance in gaming that imo is bigger & holds more power then PS with Valve/Steam not even producing first party games or advertising Steam.

To think Astro Bot a celebration of PS will be ported is shameful & short sighted. I mean developers talking about “wana hear PC players” is crazy it’s the same thing Xbox did with Indiana jones if not worse since Astro Bot is a nicher platformer celebrating PS history. Astro bot on PC will be lucky to get 5K peak on PC if it launches there compared to PS which will likely sell over 1 million lifetime.

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Damage control against the PS5 pro has already been started by Shills
GWL37NWWAAANsHX
Can’t blame em. With PS porting PC games why buy a PS5 pro?

$400 for the PS5 another $600 for PS5 pro that’s $1000 + higher price $70 games on PS compared to under $60 on PC + no need for PS+ to play PS games. PS has made PC to be a cheaper & better place to play PS games & because of the ecosystem of PC/Steam PS made the Steamdeck the defacto place to play all games including PS, Xbox, PC exclusive + Steam exclusive & Steam has a console hardware at the same price of PS5 that can play PS4 & PS5 games w all the benefits of PC/Steam.

I’m not even counting another $500 for the PS6 so that’s over $1500 when you could’ve bought a 4070 for $1200 that would’ve lasted for 10-20 years without needing much of a upgrade

24 Jun 2022
We know "Spiderman: Silk" and "Project Bluepoint" don't exist.

How do we know that exactly? Some of those lists for projects in development that get referenced, are years old. Some of these could have been more recently approved projects.

Same goes with the Ape Escape from Team Asobi, they are working on Astro Bot and making prototypes.

Again, they could have a small team incubating something involving Ape Escape as one of those prototypes. None of us would know ATM.

I'd say they are just guesses from random users. And well, Tokyo Jungle 2 made by Bandai Namco is a bad joke xDD

Why would it be? If the rumors of SIE reaching out to Japanese devs to take on legacy IP as AA-type revivals has any grit to it, Bandai-Namco handling a new Tokyo Jungle isn't completely out of the question.

Reactions: Bryank75

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

$400 for the PS5 another $600 for PS5 pro that’s $1000 + higher price $70 games on PS compared to under $60 on PC + no need for PS+ to play PS games. PS has made PC to be a cheaper & better place to play PS games & because of the ecosystem of PC/Steam PS made the Steamdeck the defacto place to play all games including PS, Xbox, PC exclusive + Steam exclusive & Steam has a console hardware at the same price of PS5 that can play PS4 & PS5 games w all the benefits of PC/Steam.

I’m not even counting another $500 for the PS6 so that’s over $1500 when you could’ve bought a 4070 for $1200 that would’ve lasted for 10-20 years without needing much of a upgrade
Thats a lot of bullshit son, but go on

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
How do we know that exactly? Some of those lists for projects in development that get referenced, are years old. Some of these could have been more recently approved projects.
There were multiple Insomniac roadmaps. They featured Venom and Spider-Man 3 as their upcoming Spider-Man games, none of them being Spider-Man Silk. Even if in Spider-Man 2 there is a hint that she'll have a more important role in a future game (which could be Venom or Spider-Man 3).

Regarding Bluepoint they worked as support team, Sony grouped them recently with their support teams and in their LinkedIn and GoWR game credits we can see they have staff to be a support team and not a AAA lead development team. They don't have anyone in the key positions needed to be a lead studio, and in some other important areas they don't have the full team needed for it, but instead have the few people needed for being a support studio.

Again, they could have a small team incubating something involving Ape Escape as one of those prototypes. None of us would know ATM.
Yes. And Knack 3, who knows. The most recent info we have from them is that decided to don't grow as fast as they originally planned in the restructuring and that are focusing on Astro Bot, while at the same time they research and prototype multiple mechanics/ideas/hardware usage that may or may not be being used in their games using current or future hardware.

Why would it be? If the rumors of SIE reaching out to Japanese devs to take on legacy IP as AA-type revivals has any grit to it, Bandai-Namco handling a new Tokyo Jungle isn't completely out of the question.
Nobody bought Tokyo Jungle, so it's hard to believe Sony would want to bring it back. And even if it would be the case, it wouldn't be developed by Bandai Namco.

Bandai Namco is the biggest 3rd party game publisher of Japan, they publish their own games and have a ton of their own IPs and licensed IPs. The only exception is a support studio they have to collaborate on several Nintendo projects (mainly Smash Bros and Mario Kart titles).

I don't see them dropping let's say Tekken 9, Elden Ring 2, the next Dragon Ball game or Mario Kart 9 support to make Tokyo Jungle 2 for Sony instead. They have to run a business.

P.S.: I wouldn't call "rumor" a random 4chan post from an annonimous user, specially when we know that at least part of it is fake.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Thats a lot of bullshit son, but go on
Reality hurts. But I will be playing GOW ragnarok on the Steam console that being Steamdeck (under $500) or if I want better performance then what’s on PS I’ll play it on PC

Funny how PS players used to clown & make these same statement regarding xbox but now that PS is in the same position as xbox they don’t want to know the truth

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
would love to see both digital and physical exist forever. Though I do believe there will be a medium that will replace blu-ray discs in the near future. Not sure what it would be though.
Could see potentially revert back full circle to the floppy, but in SSD card form.

• Heart
Reactions: KvallyX

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Reality hurts. But I will be playing GOW ragnarok on the Steam console that being Steamdeck (under $500) or if I want better performance then what’s on PS I’ll play it on PC

Funny how PS players used to clown & make these same statement regarding xbox but now that PS is in the same position as xbox they don’t want to know the truth

That's great.

I played Ragnarok 2 years ago with much better performance than a Steam Deck and for 1/3 of the price of a gaming PC.

Last edited:

Senki Dala

11 Aug 2024
France
I hope you got 300 more
Damn if it is 700€ I am out, it will bomb at that price. I dunno how much they except to sell, or how was the ratio of "PS4/PS4Pro" back then, but if at 299/399 it was still the PS4 that sold the most (it is what I heard after the release of the PS4Pro), then 499/699... Wow.

But maybe they're not aiming the mass market, then ok.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Bro if you think that a 4070 costs $1200, or that it would last you 10-20, years ... Lmaoooo

Nvidia purposely creates their hardware with arbitrary restrictions so they're outdated in 3-5 years max, the only exception was the 1080 ti and they'll never make that mistake again. If you want longevity you'll spend $2000 on a 4090 and that might last you 8 years, optimistically.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: SuperPotato

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Bro if you think that a 4070 costs $1200, or that it would last you 10-20, years ... Lmaoooo

Nvidia purposely creates their hardware with arbitrary restrictions so they're outdated in 3-5 years max, the only exception was the 1080 to and they'll never make that mistake again. If you want longevity you'll spend $2000 on a 4090 and that might last you 8 years, optimistically.

The 10-20 years part is just peak bs. I have a Geforce 6800 GT lying around. Maybe i should use it again for Silent Hill 2 Remake, lol.

And yeah, the 4070 has another 3 years at best before Vram becomes a big issue in AAA games.