Concord |OT| Turn Off Your Cross-play

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Cross paths with a player last night who was on mic, we chatted and eventually added each other. He said he played the beta, loved it and switched over from COD / Overwatch. He and another buddy did.

Small wins 😬
It's legit. 4 of my friends who bought it all love it. I've just been telling other interested it's crucible but balanced.

Reactions: ethomaz

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Rivalry is dead already? ngl this game flopping really sucks... It doesn't have to be a hit but I'd really love for it to last a year or so. We won't see a paid PvP game for a looooooong time

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Rivalry is dead already? ngl this game flopping really sucks... It doesn't have to be a hit but I'd really love for it to last a year or so. We won't see a paid PvP game for a looooooong time
Was it ever alive? A lot of people avoid it because it's so sweaty or sucks to solo in.

But it's also a Monday morning

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Was it ever alive? A lot of people avoid it because it's so sweaty or sucks to solo in.

But it's also a Monday morning
I usually stayed away because the rounds are sometimes shorter than it is to select characters.... needs a much faster transition.

for me this is a 4 mode game, fine for now but more in the future would be nice. CTF mode would fit this games arena vibe well.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I usually stayed away because the rounds are sometimes shorter than it is to select characters.... needs a much faster transition.

for me this is a 4 mode game, fine for now but more in the future would be nice. CTF mode would fit this games arena vibe well.
Agreed! This is my biggest concern for the game now, is the fact the small community will simply get bored because of the mode selection. I guess they were trying the keep the player base consolidated but, they could have been more creative with some of the modes

I still think they need to tweak the length of matches as well, a lot times matches end just as they are getting tense

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Been playing a couple afters this monday afternoon. Match making is fast and had a blast lol. Only lost 1 game so now Im just over 50% wins.
You really need to use your environment against the yellow Robot you are lark lol.

Ive added like 8 people now. Havent even started playing with the destiny lot

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

I havent done rivarly mode more than twice lol. Too scary haha

Yeah it defo needed more modes, but Im currently happy with the 2 main ones.

PVP games for me need a story mode or campaign and some PVE modes like survival, zombie mode, mission/stages to coop etc. The voice acting, animations are pretty good (not talking about the script if people have issue with that )
Gunplay wise it up there with Destiny and the best of them

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Been playing a couple afters this monday afternoon. Match making is fast and had a blast lol. Only lost 1 game so now Im just over 50% wins.
You really need to use your environment against the yellow Robot you are lark lol.

Ive added like 8 people now. Havent even started playing with the destiny lot
I'm usually solo but jeez I've had such terrible luck with team mates in Overrun and then switched to brawl last night and it seems most people there play more as team.... I'm conflicted because I do prefer Overrun to Brawl, but might have to share my team equally with both.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Is anyone down to party up @ 6pm EST

I got 1 already
I finish working at that time when adjusted for time zone difference. I'll add you later and see if you're one when I'm on or whatever happens

Reactions: voke

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Man, being in a team with all mics puts you on a winning streak. I see what Herman and Sony saw in Firewalk, game might be a commercial/critical failure but they nailed the gameplay loop athstetics and presentation, lore is ok too. Very talented studio considering this is their 1st game.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
A dev had confirmed the patch yesterday had caused a bug with the Requeue for many.

Let me know if works now, not playing currently
I finally got into Rivalry mode yesterday evening. The patch seemed to work for me.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Man, being in a team with all mics puts you on a winning streak. I see what Herman and Sony saw in Firewalk, game might be a commercial/critical failure but they nailed the gameplay loop athstetics and presentation, lore is ok too. Very talented studio considering this is their 1st game.
Yeah, I'm with you. I hope they get another chance to create another game. I think they have potential if they're willing to do an honest After Action Report.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I wonder, with this flopping this hard, if Herman Hulst's job isnt on the line here?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I wonder, with this flopping this hard, if Herman Hulst's job isnt on the line here?
guy, i bet, is a master blamer. he will push Jim Ryan under the bus. he isn't there anyways.

they already blamed that woman(can't remember her name, which was responsible for productions), and fired her for their fuck ups.

Reactions: Dabaus and Kokoloko

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
PS plus or possibly free to play could give it a new lease of life. But should be sooner rather then later if numbers aren't looking great.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Well that might be a positive. Whoever has been in charge of certain things needs to go. I dont know who it is