Concord |OT| Turn Off Your Cross-play

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I think I saved one of our matches. Screenshots for sure lol
Oh right I think it was the match when we all did those crazy amount of assists and I missed the chance to screenshot too 🤣.

I'm really bummed you we never got to play together more. But, another game will pop up, I hope.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Concord Players: I recommend you download The Finals. It's a (free) superior game that needs some love. You can thank me later.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

I like the first two designs the guy redid, the last one I don't, saying that is an improvement just because the last one(0ringinal) is so bad)

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I expect this game will be looked back on fondly eventually

I'm still shocked how way worst games got some decent sales and Concord could not even get the minimum to survive.
The bias and hate against this game was unprecedented in the industry.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I'm still shocked how way worst games got some decent sales and Concord could not even get the minimum to survive.
I can’t help but feel partially responsible.

• sad
Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well I'm not shocked but also I am still shocked 😅.

Very unprecedented for Sony, so I'm gonna assume they wanted to just pull the rug from under everyone's feet in the media and gaming community and stop all the daily bad press, pile on and PR nightmare at once. They've literally wiped the game clean from existence... Took back the PS Stars points, I can't even check which one of my friends played the game anymore 🤣.

Something so extreme tells me they wanted to make sure, people had to go out of their way to still wanna talk about it.

However I do have some hope it will return, though not sure if it can come back as "Concord" as that name is forever infamously tarnished lol.

If all else fails and they keep FireWalk, maybe give them the Warhawk IP to remaster / remake?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

It was the perfect storm. The usual Xbot and PS haters in PC fans always shit on every PS exclusive.

This time there was no PS fans defending this and the shills took advantage of it. We had PS fans hating on it because of the Woke or Gaas issues. The amount of shit articles that was from the media was a joke. Even PS fans who hate gaas piled on with nonsense like there a bots in the game, no1 playing on Playstation and using steam numbers.

They just used the - Anti woke crowd - anti gaas crowd and - Its over saturated market crowd ( mostly overwatch, apex, valve fans and ps haters, gaas haters)

Playstation has itself to blame too.

- Allowed such shitty character design and woke/dei message when they know video game fans have had enough.

- They frustrated the SP gamers of announcements and official plans. Whether you agree or not, people feel that way. Thats why there was threads saying boycott gaas, support SP, talking with your wallet etc. There is a big anti gaas percentage and I think alot of that is fuelled by them not being shown enough. And I agree with it

Guarantee if this came out after Astrobot and Sony showed announcements like GOT2, Corys Game, Naughty Dog new game etc there would be less hate from the anti gaas crowd. Thats on Sony and whatever dumb genius thought its a good way to treat there fans…

- Sony should make there MP games come with a SP story modes and more content. Or as much as I hate them FP2 for PVP only games.

Basically:
Characters designs/Woke
Content to price
No Single player mode and frustration from SP fans who dont want to support Gaas/MP games.

This is why the game had no chance with PS fans and ammunition for the PS haters

Because gameplay and presentation (sound , music, animations, voice acting etc) were all quality. It fit right home with Playstation studios. They did just as good if not better and more varfied job than Guerrilla and Insomniac when it came to FPS like Killzone and Resistance. Gunplay wise. Not talking about content and character designs etc.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Very unprecedented for Sony, so I'm gonna assume they wanted to just pull the rug from under everyone's feet in the media and gaming community and stop all the daily bad press, pile on and PR nightmare at once. They've literally wiped the game clean from existence... Took back the PS Stars points, I can't even check which one of my friends played the game anymore 🤣.

Something so extreme tells me they wanted to make sure, people had to go out of their way to still wanna talk about it.

However I do have some hope it will return, though not sure if it can come back as "Concord" as that name is forever infamously tarnished lol.

If all else fails and they keep FireWalk, maybe give them the Warhawk IP to remaster / remake?

If they dont make a FPS or use the same gameplay in some way, Sony just have no idea what they are doing.

Reactions: Luffy123
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It was the perfect storm. The usual Xbot and PS haters in PC fans always shit on every PS exclusive.

This time there was no PS fans defending this and the shills took advantage of it. We had PS fans hating on it because of the Woke or Gaas issues. The amount of shit articles that was from the media was a joke. Even PS fans who hate gaas piled on with nonsense like there a bots and using steam numbers.

They just used the - Anti woke crowd - anti gaas crowd and - Its over saturated market crowd ( mostly overwatch, apex, valve fans and ps haters, gaas haters)

Playstation has itself to blame too.

- Allowed such shitty character design and woke/dei message when they know video game fans have had enough.

- They frustrated the SP gamers of announcements and official plans. Whether you agree or not, people feel that way. Thats why there was threads saying boycott gaas, support SP, talking with your wallet etc. There is a big anti gaas percentage and I think alot of that is fuelled by them not being shown enough.

Guarantee if this came out after Astrobot and Sony showed announcements like GOT2, Corys Game, Naughty Dog new game etc there would be less hate from that crowd, we dont get enough SP games, which I agree.

- Sony should make there MP games come with a SP story modes and more content. Or as much as I hate them FP2 for PVP only games.

Basically:
Characters designs/Woke
Content to price
No Single player mode and frustration from SP fans who dont want to support Gaas/MP games.

This is why the game had no chance with PS fans and ammunition for the PS haters

Because gameplay and presentation (sound , music, animations, voice acting etc) were all quality. It fit right home with Playstation studios. They did just as good if not better and more varfied job than Guerrilla and Insomniac when it came to FPS like Killzone and Resistance. Gunplay wise. Not talking about content and character designs etc.
They frustrated the SP gamers... I understand that.
But there are Astro Bot releasing a month late... and imo PlayStation needs both.

I don't enter in these discussions because Sony only working in SP games is not the correct path either.
Only in GAAS and MP is not good too.
But needs a balance... as platform holder Sony needs both... there is no other path to go... they need to cater both userbase.

Anyway if you read the Concord's lore you will even realize there is a lot for an SP campaign there too.
And maybe it was not out of plans to have a SP mode if the game was successful.
They focused in lore, cutscenes, etc... I still believe a SP mode was something they had plans to do.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
They frustrated the SP gamers... I understand that.
But there are Astro Bot releasing a month late... and imo PlayStation needs both.

I don't enter in these discussions because Sony only working in SP games is not the correct path either.
Only in GAAS and MP is not good too.
But needs a balance... as platform holder Sony needs both... there is no other path to go... they need to cater both userbase.

Anyway if you read the Concord's lore you will even realize there is a lot for an SP campaign there too.
They focused in lore, cutscenes, etc... I still believe a SP mode was something they had plans to do.
How many sp games has Sony released this Gen compared to previous?

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Oh yeah theres a ton. Even a campaign about how the crew got together would of been great. Then carry on the story through PVP, events etc like they planned.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

It's toast man. It was a great 5v5 game but the concord brand is simply not worth revisiting even as f2p. This game somehow became the next Gollum without even being bad. They need to try something new..... I hope Firewalk can survive, make changes in the art direction, and please for the love of god market it properly next time around. I know they have the chops to make a relatively successful game, Sony likely wasn't the best partner for them.... sure they get all the expensive tools and all of that, but the multiplayer space is still pretty new to modern Sony and their still learning how to market that to their audience.

But yeah, I tend to agree with you, Concord as a brand is never going to happen, negative hype won against it.

• sad
Reactions: Danja and Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
How many sp games has Sony released this Gen compared to previous?
We will enter in list war thing but I believe the number is very similar.

I think even if its close, the announcements are lacking compared to previous gen.

By this time last gen we knew TLOU2 ( Found out about it in 2016, came out 2020) GOT, Spiderman, Death Stranding 2 and more were coming in the future. Roughly

This whole, we cant show you stuff until our current games have come out is just silly by Playstation marketing.

Console gamers have a longer memory than a Goldfish, knowing games are coming in 3/4 years is fine. Titles like TLOU, or God of War or a new IP from Insomniac or whoever just builds excitement for fans. Fans are frustrated, scared games are all gonna be gaas ( even though thats an exaggeration lol ).

Sony can get rid of these concerns with 1 good show, showing plenty of shit that is miles out. I know thats crazy and it puts pressure on studios, but hey, thats what fans and the industry are use to

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Shmunter

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I think even if its close, the announcements are lacking compared to previous gen.

By this time last gen we knew TLOU2 ( Found out about it in 2016, came out 2020) GOT, Spiderman, Death Stranding 2 and more were coming in the future. Roughly

This whole, we cant show you stuff until our current games have come out is just silly by Playstation marketing.

Console gamers have a longer memory than a Goldfish, knowing games are coming in 3/4 years is fine. Titles like TLOU, or God of War or a new IP from Insomniac or whoever just builds excitement for fans. Fans are frustrated, scared games are all gonna be gaas ( even though thats an exaggeration lol ).

Sony can get rid of these concerns with 1 good show, showing plenty of shit that is miles out. I know thats crazy and it puts pressure on studios, but hey, thats what fans and the industry are use to
This is true. Games from Sony have not come at a slower pace this gen, despite what many will tell you. We're just not hearing about them until they're ready for launch. Astro Bot... likely in my top 5 this gen, was revealed just over 3 months ago. I hope they stick to smaller hype cycles.

Reactions: Kokoloko