Concord Review Thread

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
When was the last time there was actually pay to win in a a console pvp game? Uncharted mp?

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It’s gonna be a very interesting weekend at Sony.

They’re going to be looking at Concord and Wukong numbers just like the rest of us. Wukong would’ve have made more money for their platform … especially with the volume it’s about to sell.

I’m assuming they’ll just accuse gamers of being racists and bigots while Wukong being a Chinese game goes over their heads? Nah.

Wouldn’t Wukong’s success actually be gamers celebrating actual diversity in the industry? Like… it’s china’s first major aaa game…

Blaming the gamer is not cool. Yes, there are a contingent of trolls but now with this they just buried themselves. Should’ve said nothing … because now this will anger the mob and make it larger.

I didn’t even think Concord was trying to be overly “woke” at all it’s just the art was not just woke typical, but uninspired and boring … and that’s no good.
Woke is the last of Concord's problems.
Concord is a quick money grab. Whoever made that game thinks their fans are stupid consumers who are going to through their hard earned money on another generic multiplayer hero shooter, a fully saturated genre of f2p games. Also, this game is just a copy of Overwatch with better graphics and worse characters. Hell, they copied the f**king music too.

Sony should drop this shit and refocus all their developers on making good games. They already have GT, MLB, Destiny and Helldivers. That's enough titles for GaaS and they will be successful for many years to come as long as they keep developing new sequels with high quality. The rest of their developers including any new formed/ acquired studio should focus on making good single player games ( AA or AAA or 1000000AAAA, doesn't matter. All matter is that they are good).

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Cant find the quote, just seen that haters are talentless freaks. Not gamers. And the site that says they are a concord developer is hilariously bad site.

Damage is done either way lol.

Still cant see reviewers complaining about the gameplay, only the potential service issue etc

Most the reviews are positive about the gameplay.

Digital Trends:
Concord has the bones of a fun multiplayer game, but it's missing the meat.
Pros
  • Great hero designs
  • Fun once you find a groove
  • Unique strategies
  • Strong progression hooks
Cons
  • Dry world-building
  • Character balance issues
  • Confusing crew system

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Will we get a legendary crowbcat video or is this game so irrelevant that there even wont be any video funeral essays on it. Morbius at least had memes this shit is just sad

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
When was the last time there was actually pay to win in a a console pvp game? Uncharted mp?
Maybe some fighting game where some of the DLC characters are top tier.

Regarding Concord, as I remember the post launch monetization was planned to be cosmetics only that wouldn't affect gameplay, so wouldn't be pay to win. Post launch haracters would be free for everybody, and their variants unlockable only (I'd bet there isn't a paid option for early unlock).

I am worried about astrobot sales, 2 weeks from launch and it has not hit top 40 in overall sales. The marketing loons should have put out a deep dive before launch like mario wonder got. I hope the negative hype around concord doesn't bleed over onto astrobot
I think that a gameplay dive dive would be very positive.

But I think being top 40 two weeks before launch is very positive for the context of the game: made by -apparently- a relatively small team in a (compared to other Sony published games developments) short period of time wouldn't need a lot of sales to be successful. I assume that knowing that platformer sales in PS aren't top tier, their sales estimations for the game shouldn't be too high. I assume that as happened with Rift Apart, selling a few/handful million million copies would make the game profitable/successful.

The early impressions from the gaming press are super positive, so I think it will get great reviews and there will be a good buzz and positive impressions from players too in Youtube, Twitch or social media. Which I think may lead to good sales beyond the first few days.

Last edited:

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I just can't look past the pound shop guardians of the galaxy character designs.
Most of the character designs wouldn't even fit in with Guardians of the Galaxy, that's the funny part in all of this. It felt like Firewalk purposely set out wanting to be the anti of what everyone else were doing with their characters within this genre and the result was a major misfired on Firewalk's part. It's really frustrating because graphically, Concord is a good looking game.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Gene Park is saying that Concord may have been more expensive than assumed due to the use of motion capture tech.

You can see it in the facial animations… and considering they have like weekly cinematics planned …

I can’t possibly see what the point of that is. Do they think players want a tv show based on game characters? Or a game?
All of that knowing your game wasn't going to have a single player campaign is just a poor use of resources. The game should have been single player with traditional multiplayer portion included then maybe this motion capture tech use would have made more sense.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Gene Park knows nothing, another hack fraud journalist.

Sony has a Motion Capture Studio in Washington, I'm sure they gave FireWalk access to it.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
images
Let’s gooooo……

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Does put the performance of games from cygames, shift up and game science into perspective. They too made their first AAA console game, heck any type of AAA game for fact of that matter. Heck another crab's treasure sold 250k and the only marketing they got was a tweet from shu

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Anyone hoping for a comeback story… not happening.

Sea of Thieves, Fallout 76, FF14 … none of these ever did this bad at any point ever. Not even close to this.

Legit dead on arrival. Matchmaking will barely work in a week.

Shut it down.

(Love seeing Paul Tassi confused as to why no one gives a shit)

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Another review scoring it based on price.
VGC
AUG 24, 2024
Concord is an enjoyable shooter, kneecapped by a $40 price tag and a bland cast of characters. When it arrives on PlayStation Plus, which feels almost certain at this point, its worth picking up, but only with the enthusiasm you'd treat any other free-to-play fare

Not many complaints about gameplay