ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
"Quality"

It is rated 6.4. talentless chubbs can reach that.
Even the lowest scores are saying the game have high quality and gameplay is good 🤷‍♂️

For example the lowest one…

“Concord’s gunplay is punchy, and feels akin to Destiny‘s The Crucible. There are few overlapping mechanics across the 16 characters, meaning that each fight presents a unique challenge.”

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I actually expect that this week. Huge PR disaster but Sony loves that. Real masochists, they live for this shit.
To kill the game? Lol
I mean they can announce it as October PS+ game at least but again calling for the death of the game is so weird.

Yes, it's a blunder and a black eye for Sony but killing the game will also be another PR disaster... So that's one extreme to the next which will be no better than the current situation

Sony is attempting to show faith in their own product because they did deliver a very good game... There's nothing to be ashamed of here.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Even the lowest scores are saying the game have high quality and gameplay is good 🤷‍♂️

For example the lowest one…

“Concord’s gunplay is punchy, and feels akin to Destiny‘s The Crucible. There are few overlapping mechanics across the 16 characters, meaning that each fight presents a unique challenge.”

Didn't you know Metacritic aggregates determine a games quality when such game is hated by people, just like suddenly Steam numbers is the most important metric for a PlayStation game all of a sudden.

Good luck trying to reason with hypocrisy

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
ya'll need to calm down. The problem here isn't the quality of the game devs or the game they produced. the problem is they failed to read the market and sony failed to manage the product to suit the needs of the market in the launch window they selected. That's a failure of leadership, not of the talent. Sure you can say "blah blah blah woke characters" - but the failure lies in leadership for greenlighting this when they had about a year and a half of knowing that customer feedback to the game was incredibly negative. I don't think there needs to be mass firings, there needs to be a real honest conversation between Sony leadership and the studio heads about how much they need to tailor their products to fit the market. Then if employees object over personal political beliefs, that's when you let them go.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
But most the reviews are saying the gameplay is good, scores are turned down because of price mostly and it not being able to survive etc. So the quality isnt the issue
so we value 'quality' just for gameplay? makes no sense. game average is 6,4, if gameplay is good and quality, means all other departments of the game is trash.
it doesn't sound that all game is quality when you aren't picking and choosing, because, then Fallout 76 becomes 'quality' game..

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
so we value 'quality' just for gameplay? makes no sense. game average is 6,4, if gameplay is good and quality, means all other departments of the game is trash.
it doesn't sound that all game is quality when you aren't picking and choosing, because, then Fallout 76 becomes 'quality' game..

No but gameplay is the most important part of games. Whether the fun lasts is another question. Also Fallout was a buggy mess

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
a lot of reviewers are swayed by popular discourse. That's why nintendo games all get 90+ despite some of them being quite mid - because the narrative is that nintendo games are all incredibly high quality and fun. This game isn't nearly as bad as a 6.4.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
ya'll need to calm down. The problem here isn't the quality of the game devs or the game they produced. the problem is they failed to read the market and sony failed to manage the product to suit the needs of the market in the launch window they selected. That's a failure of leadership, not of the talent. Sure you can say "blah blah blah woke characters" - but the failure lies in leadership for greenlighting this when they had about a year and a half of knowing that customer feedback to the game was incredibly negative. I don't think there needs to be mass firings, there needs to be a real honest conversation between Sony leadership and the studio heads about how much they need to tailor their products to fit the market. Then if employees object over personal political beliefs, that's when you let them go.

Yeah like that having numbers this low of players doesn't mean the game is ass, it means almost nobody wanted to give it a try at the price point the product was at. 99% of the people talking online haven't seen a match/played a single match of the game. There was a rejection of the game by the greater public just based off the initial vibes, which is absolutely not uncommon. It's just that the magnitude on display here is something else, especially when we consider that this is a product by a large publisher like SIE.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yes, having good and polished shooting mechanics doesn't make up for other shit.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yes, having good and polished shooting mechanics doesn't make up for other shit.
What's the other shit? Just asking

Fantastic OST / Audio is top notch
Great graphics
Extremely polished

Outside of character designs and I guess Pronouns... What else is so detrimental to the game? 🤔

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
No but gameplay is the most important part of games. Whether the fun lasts is another question. Also Fallout was a buggy mess
while i don't disagree, but other areas in the game should support gameplay too and how it is looking, it lacks in quality in other areas.

a lot of reviewers are swayed by popular discourse. That's why nintendo games all get 90+ despite some of them being quite mid - because the narrative is that nintendo games are all incredibly high quality and fun. This game isn't nearly as bad as a 6.4.
this game is perfect for gaming media and their virtue signalling. even they aren't bothered to support it.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Hopefully the expected shitty reviews of Outlaws will take the heat off of Sony, Sony better hope Yves and his fellow frenchman deliver the turd that everyone expects of them.

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I think Sony's failure to understand who their capture audience is is a massive blunder; no one wants to admit it, but shoving woke characters with pronouns at what is essentially a base of hetero-sexual males market is not going to end well.

I also scratched my head when I read a comment from one of the lead designers about white people needing to acknowledge their privilege. Things like that really put me off wanting to support this game; I was on the fence about whether I was going to get it or not, but in the end, I decided not to.

This forced diversity stuff really needs to end and end soon; people don't want it.

Just look at that Dustborn game; it is precisely the same thing and that has flopped even harder.

Couple that with the 40-buck asking price; it's just a failure on so many levels.

I think Sony should ultimately take all the blame. They bought this studio, and they are the ones that oked it.

The sad truth is, we probably would not be talking about this game if the studio had not been bought and released it under its own tag.

It would not of gotten half the flack and who knows, might of even sold ok with out all the negativity.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think Sony's failure to understand who their capture audience is is a massive blunder; no one wants to admit it, but shoving woke characters with pronouns at what is essentially a base of hetero-sexual males market is not going to end well.

I also scratched my head when I read a comment from one of the lead designers about white people needing to acknowledge their privilege. Things like that really put me off wanting to support this game; I was on the fence about whether I was going to get it or not, but in the end, I decided not to.

This forced diversity stuff really needs to end and end soon; people don't want it.

Just look at that Dustborn game; it is precisely the same thing and that has flopped even harder.

Couple that with the 40-buck asking price; it's just a failure on so many levels.

I think Sony should ultimately take all the blame. They bought this studio, and they are the ones that oked it.

The sad truth is, we probably would not be talking about this game if the studio had not been bought and released it under its own tag.

It would not of gotten half the flack and who knows, might of even sold ok with out all the negativity.
Sony won't learn. The upcoming Fairgame$ is definitely going the exact same route, besides the fact that it will be another boring multiplayer game.
I only hope that their single player games steer awsy from all this shit and focus on delivering their usual fantastic products.

• Informative
Reactions: Umar and Sircaw

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
while i don't disagree, but other areas in the game should support gameplay too and how it is looking, it lacks in quality in other areas.

this game is perfect for gaming media and their virtue signalling. even they aren't bothered to support it.

I’d say quality wise, outside of character designs, it needs modes and campaign.

The reason they arent virtue signalling is because its PS lol. Astrobot is safe. Next PS exclusive is gonna be getting shit on like all the others before they are released.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Sony won't learn. The upcoming Fairgame$ is definitely going the exact same route, besides the fact that it will be another boring multiplayer game.
I only hope that their single player games steer awsy from all this shit and focus on delivering their usual fantastic products.
Well, this past game had to sting. We don't know the official numbers, but the losses must be enormous.

We don't know how much has been lost—20 million, 50 million—but whatever it is, it will make them sit up and take a good look at themselves.

It is something that can not continue.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I’d say quality wise, outside of character designs, it needs modes and campaign.

The reason they arent virtue signalling is because its PS lol. Astrobot is safe. Next PS exclusive is gonna be getting shit on like all the others before they are released.
Astro bot is going to print money, and I think it will be the game of the year.

If I am right, we ban @Danja.

Thumbs up to this post if you agree.

Five thumbs, we throw in @ethomaz too

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Well, this past game had to sting. We don't know the official numbers, but the losses must be enormous.

We don't know how much has been lost—20 million, 50 million—but whatever it is, it will make them sit up and take a good look at themselves.

It is something that can not continue.
they will lose even more as they want to support it.