Concord Review Thread

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Hermen became the head of PS Studios (back then known as Worldwide Studios) in November 2019. Before him there was Shuhei Yoshida in charge. We know things like:
  • Helldivers 2 started in 2016
  • Gran Turismo Sport shipped in 2017, so pretty likely Gran Turismo 8 development started around there
  • Guerilla hired the Horizon Online director to work on it early 2018
  • Sony started to work with Concord "since the start", so maybe since Firewalk was founded in 2018 or maybe even (I doubt it) when they started the game in 2016
  • In Japan Sony published both Destiny games since their release
  • Somewhere in 2019 the TLOU2 MP mode branched out to become TLOU Online, so we don't know if Shu or Hermen greenlighted it, but I'd personally bet that it's more likely that was Shu
  • London Studio released Blood & Truth in May 2019, so pretty likely their new IP GaaS was greenlighted before Hermen started
  • Before all of them them Sony published other GaaS in the past like LBP, PS Home, GT Sport, the Everquest titles or DC Universe Online, and since launch was the publisher for Japan for games like Destiny 1 and 2
So no, Jimbo and Hermen didn't start the current GaaS push. As happens with the current PC push, it was started before them.

I'd bet that did cost something closer to 200 million because it's a AAA game with around 8 years of development made by a lot of veterans from games like Destiny, Halo or CoD and published by Sony.
I agree with you that GaaS push was before Herman, and I accuse them of unfairly shutting down some studios in the past. However, I doubt they would rush to buy these new partners before releasing their first game.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
''DEI stands for Dead End Investment'' 😂
$100+ for a PvP that had no content, no narrative, no level design. It took 8 f*cking years to develop on 3rd party game engine. Imagine if these guys had to develop their own game engine.
8 years! Were they helping Musk develop Starship?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yeah I don't think PS5 players are gonna save this game. I think SIE have dropped the focus a bit on Helldivers 2 so if anything, put the devs on as a content support studio for that title while Arrowhead spearheads creative decisions for the most part.

HD2 would probably benefit from some PvP and maybe some single player-driven story content just pulling even more from Starship Troopers. That's better than SIE splitting their focus between HD2, Concord, Fairgame$ and whatever other GAAS they're trying to push out in a short timeframe.
Nah these devs deserve another chance to make a game.

If anything Sony should give them the Warhawk IP they would do a fantastic job, imo.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Na herman specifically stated that he played this and thinks its a great game, shu shops around for indies and xdev projects.

The GaaS push was initiated by Jimbo and Herman was the herald of doom for it. Herman played it in 2021 and greenlighted buying firewalk, they could have just published this and it would have been less of an embarrassment and humiliation.
But again we know Sony knew about this pitch from 2018 and showed interest in the project. It was done under Shu's tenor, the start up and pitch was at least.

By the time Hermen came on the pitch and stuff were already greenlighted. He did say he played stuff, I'm guessing a polished Alpha and enjoyed. I can fault him for saying that after also having played the game 😅.

But not denying the GaaS he and Jim / Spearheaded tho, just saying this game predates him.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
But again we know Sony knew about this pitch from 2018 and showed interest in the project. It was done under Shu's tenor, the start up and pitch was at least.

By the time Hermen came on the pitch and stuff were already greenlighted. He did say he played stuff, I'm guessing a polished Alpha and enjoyed. I can fault him for saying that after also having played the game 😅.

But not denying the GaaS he and Jim / Spearheaded tho, just saying this game predates him.
I am more mad about the fact that they bought the studio and did no user testing, they could have leaked images at any point of time since 2021 to see audience reaction.

The whole process from start to finish about this game has been very amateurish which is expected of xbox not playstation, this type of flop will effect the perception of the good GaaS games they have in production.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I am more mad about the fact that they bought the studio and did no user testing, they could have leaked images at any point of time since 2021 to see audience reaction.

The whole process from start to finish about this game has been very amateurish which is expected of xbox not playstation, this type of flop will effect the perception of the good GaaS games they have in production.
Well I'm with you on that. Everything about the rollout of this game has been borderline amateur. It's clear PlayStation has taken over the Marketing from them right before the first Beta was about to launch. But they sat and did nothing for over a month and let the bad PR foster into an unstoppable train.

The initial reveal last summer looking back was clearly a foreshadowing for the terrible gameplay reveal... The highlight of that trailer was a jiggling burger 😂

Either way can only hope both parties learn going forward on why focus testing is so importing for these kinda games

Reactions: quest4441

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I'm not a fan of this game, but holy shit man the bandwagon hate is off the charts.

People wanted this shit failing the moment it got revealed.

If sales are dire put it on ps plus a few months down the line to give it another chance.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Wasn't this free to play (edit nvm its not) I mean there is a slim possibility they could fix things as time goes by considering it's main gimmick is being a live service game. Look at Battlefield it's still meh but alot better then launch. Not to mention the Destiny franchise.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I think what we may see is Sony just letting this game runs its course for the 3 seasons and they'll moved on to the next one which is Fairgame$. This is the template for GAAS they find a hit like Helldivers 2 they'll have another one line up to capture genie in a bottle and if that doesn't hit oh well next one up again. That's how the industry goes about in investing in GAAS. It's like a conveyor one after another coming through. Low risks high rewards.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Nah these devs deserve another chance to make a game.

If anything Sony should give them the Warhawk IP they would do a fantastic job, imo.
I'm not so sure tbh. They might ruin any IP you give them. Sony needs to do a really deep post-mortem to find out why shit didn't work out, and I think a lot of it will result in key people leaving the studio.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I'm not so sure tbh. They might ruin any IP you give them. Sony needs to do a really deep post-mortem to find out why shit didn't work out, and I think a lot of it will result in key people leaving the studio.
I mean from a gameplay standpoint I don't see how they'd ruin the IP. The foundation is already there from the 2007 game. Keep the aesthetics how they were but of course update them to look better in the Ultra HD era.

I dunno, these guys are talented but they did missfire from the very first trailer last summer.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I mean from a gameplay standpoint I don't see how they'd ruin the IP. The foundation is already there from the 2007 game. Keep the aesthetics how they were but of course update them to look better in the Ultra HD era.

I dunno, these guys are talented but they did missfire from the very first trailer last summer.

CoD only kill in headshot with Sniper… Handcanon needs around 3 shots.

GTA? It is not even a shooter.

BTW TTK = Time to kill.
I'm talking about single player cod I can kill someone with a headshot using a handgun like I should be able to since its supposed to be realistic

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm talking about single player cod I can kill someone with a headshot using a handgun like I should be able to since its supposed to be realistic
😂😂😂

Man you really move the goal…

PVE doesn’t care about being fair… PVP is where it needs to be fair to both sides and if you put a hand cannon killing in a single headshot you basically make any other weapon useless.

Anyway there is nothing realistic in CoD… not even close to be realistic… it is not it goal too before somebody says I’m criticizing it.. I liked CoD a lot in the past… it was a hell of fun while more realistic shooter was boring.

Last edited:

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
😂😂😂

Man you really move the goal…

PVE doesn’t care about being fair… PVP is where it needs to be fair to both sides and if you put a hand cannon killing in a single headshot you basically make any other weapon useless.

Anyway there is nothing realistic in CoD… not even close to be realistic… it is not it goal too before somebody says I’m criticizing it.. I liked CoD a lot in the past… it was a hell of fun while more realistic shooter was boring.
Lethal headshots aren't realistic?

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas