Concord Review Thread

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Best idea ever, attack the customer, what can go wrong? Like it never happened before... 😂

I said this was gonna happen but I didn’t think it would be a dev. I thought it was be the console warrior defense force at reset.

Don’t feel bad now. Enjoy the epic fail.

Blaming the consumers when they completely reject your shit is not a hot look.

When only 700 people show up YOU fucked up. Not the player

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I said this was gonna happen but I didn’t think it would be a dev.

Don’t feel bad now. Enjoy the epic fail.

Blaming the consumers when they completely reject your shit is not a hot look.

When only 700 people show up YOU fucked up. Not the player
It means, someone liked it, no? It is a win, you hater 😂

By the way, most important that devs likes it according to the same dev 😁

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

Now that it's out and devs are getting defensive, it feels like more stuff like this will start to surface and show that the devs clearly have a problem with attitude and environment.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
It’s gonna be a very interesting weekend at Sony.

They’re going to be looking at Concord and Wukong numbers just like the rest of us. Wukong would’ve have made more money for their platform … especially with the volume it’s about to sell.

I’m assuming they’ll just accuse gamers of being racists and bigots while Wukong being a Chinese game goes over their heads? Nah.

Wouldn’t Wukong’s success actually be gamers celebrating actual diversity in the industry? Like… it’s china’s first major aaa game…

Blaming the gamer is not cool. Yes, there are a contingent of trolls but now with this they just buried themselves. Should’ve said nothing … because now this will anger the mob and make it larger.

I didn’t even think Concord was trying to be overly “woke” at all it’s just the art was not just woke typical, but uninspired and boring … and that’s no good.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The first thing they teach you in business school is to never antagonize a customer. A happy satisfied customer will probably recommend your product to 10 other people but a disgruntled customer will remember it for his whole life, He will tell 100 people of how shitty your product and shout from the rooftops on social media. Not having antagonistic customers is more important than satisfied ones.

No one cares if that dev was a contract worker and no longer works for firewalk, the comment is now associated with firewalk for posterity, "If" and when they ship their next game this tweet will do the rounds again.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Wait a sec… this dude doesn’t work at firewalk anymore … who cares

Ughh that’s annoying. Seen this account be quoted numerous times. Okay, so “once” worked on the game and been saying controversial things since… Well, seems gone for a reason maybe? And also entitled to whatever he wants to think too and can say it since … ya know… they’re not there.

Great… :/

Reactions: Luffy123

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The first thing they teach you in business school is to never antagonize a customer. A happy satisfied customer will probably recommend your product to 10 other people but a disgruntled customer will remember it for his whole life, He will tell 100 people of how shitty your product and shout from the rooftops on social media. Not having antagonistic customers is more important than satisfied ones.

No one cares if that dev was a contract worker and no longer works for firewalk, the comment is now associated with firewalk for posterity, "If" and when they ship their next game this tweet will do the rounds again.
you think they care about the business? studio? anything more than themselves?

Shah Rukh Khan Love GIF by Zee Cinema Channel

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Man a few people from Icon era will do a better job at managing concord, I believe the headquarters gave these guys too much leeway or they really thought the weirdness of 2020 will still be relevant in 2024. Heck JAHgamer and nhomnhom would have better ideas to fix this shit show

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Now that it's out and devs are getting defensive, it feels like more stuff like this will start to surface and show that the devs clearly have a problem with attitude and environment.

Playstation devs need to take notice. Just because you made some good games in the past doesn't mean you're guaranteed success. Pride comes before a fall, and Black Myth Wukong (and stuff like Cyberpunk after all the patches) shows that Playstation doesn't have the market cornered on high production value games. The easiest way to get caught lacking is to believe yourself to be infallible, and I think this shows that some of the Firewalk devs have too much ego.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I am worried about astrobot sales, 2 weeks from launch and it has not hit top 40 in overall sales. The marketing loons should have put out a deep dive before launch like mario wonder got. I hope the negative hype around concord doesn't bleed over onto astrobot

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Gene Park is saying that Concord may have been more expensive than assumed due to the use of motion capture tech.

You can see it in the facial animations… and considering they have like weekly cinematics planned …

I can’t possibly see what the point of that is. Do they think players want a tv show based on game characters? Or a game?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Gene Park is saying that Concord may have been more expensive than assumed due to the use of motion capture tech.

You can see it in the facial animations… and considering they have like weekly cinematics planned …

I can’t possibly see what the point of that is. Do they think players want a tv show based on game characters? Or a game?
They thought the characters will be latched onto but the game is 4 years too late, there is nothing even worth making a tv show about

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

I imagine the game should be judged on gameplay and without the pay the win aspect of progression, they were looking that the story might be interesting enough to come back to each week at least and retain engagement. For the progression system not trying to catch a whale, they are trying something else. Do you want games that try to hook you with gacha shit or not? If not, they have to try something else to keep players engaged. How else would you keep players engaged with no gacha option?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I imagine the game should be judged on gameplay and without the pay the win aspect of progression, they were looking that the story might be interesting enough to come back to each week at least and retain engagement. For the progression system not trying to catch a whale, they are trying something else. Do you want games that try to hook you with gacha shit or not? If not, they have to try something else to keep players engaged. How else would you keep players engaged with no gacha option?

You must not play online games. Actual content…

Narrative being their engagement hook is bizarre.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I am worried about astrobot sales, 2 weeks from launch and it has not hit top 40 in overall sales. The marketing loons should have put out a deep dive before launch like mario wonder got. I hope the negative hype around concord doesn't bleed over onto astrobot
PS fans unfortunately don’t care for games like Astro Bot. These games only really sell on Nintendo systems. The game’s trailer doesn’t even have 2M viewers on the PS YouTube channel, after almost 3 months. It might need a really high Meta score so more people can be interested.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
You must not play online games. Actual content…

Narrative being their engagement hook is bizarre.
The game is not free to play. For a game just released, what free to play has more starting content than Concord?

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I am worried about astrobot sales,

Astrobot will be fine.

It has nothing to do with Concord. It's a family oriented offline single player game made from a Japanese studio that probably cost 1/10th of Concord and has no political crap embedded into it.