Concord Review Thread

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
True that I worked with a few indians who are from their iit's , holy shit they run circles around 99% of the people in any engineering field lol. I don't even think the Indian game dev scene even gets the average talent of that country, whoever cracks that market will have a ready made base of consumers and employees
I forgot to mention but yes, there's also a lot of Indian talent expats in western studios, particularly in USA. Specially coders.

Reactions: quest4441

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m trying to understand the story behind this.

So, it started incubation while Firewalk was working with Probably Monsters. Probably Monsters sold it off to Sony and they bought the studio for whatever reason. And here we are?

OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
For these type of games to survive I think you have to go the division route strong single player narrative,loot,level up power progression,clans,pvp dark zones and raids all bases have to be covered.
Like Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, Valorant, Team Fortress 2 and The Finals?

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I wonder if panic stations are set in about Fairgame$ which was even more poorly received and looked even more steeped in wokeness

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
If Sony wants to charge for the their MP. Release it as a mode on SP games with the SP being the primary focus. If the MP is hot - it will live.

People upset at Last Of Us Factions being shelved - the work that went into it will undoubtedly end up in TLOU3 MP mode, which is the perfect outcome - not all is lost.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
that's because game journalists are cowards. Do you actually think they believe any of the shit they spew? They say it because that's what the "in-crowd" is saying, they are basically the poster child of groupthink.
Nothing is monolith in life..but, spew long enough and you become the same thing you spewing..
No doubt, there are who believes in what they spew and some don't.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Then

IMG-0499.jpg

vs Now

IMG-0500.webp

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
All of those games are free to play.

Rainbow Six IS NOT f2p and the most popular “hero” shooter on the market for consoles. You must buy it and it requires ps plus etc…

The finals is also not very popular. Modest retention under 10k peak daily.

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Rainbow Six IS NOT f2p and the most popular “hero” shooter on the market for consoles. You must buy it and it requires ps plus etc…

Rainbow six is regularly on free weekend trials or bundled in with an offer with other ubisoft games.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Rainbow six is regularly on free weekend trials or bundled in with an offer with other ubisoft games.

Okay and? There’s free weekends and trials, and ps plus giveaways from battlefield to cod. In fact, Siege is the one that hasn’t been given away actually. Maybe on sub services like extra.

Rainbow Six is not f2p and has been sold for 10 years and behind console paywalls.

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Okay and? There’s free weekends and trials, and ps plus giveaways from battlefield to cod. In fact, Siege is the one that hasn’t been given away actually. Maybe on sub services like extra.

Rainbow Six is not f2p and has been sold for 10 years and behind console paywalls.

If you shop around you can get siege for under a fiver and ok fair point you could say it's not free but it's got a hell of a lot more content than Concord that's 40 quid.

OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Last three months it has held steady around 12k players on PC. It should average around 8k on consoles. ~20k CCU is excellent.

Yeah but the majority of PS hardcore fanbase loves SP games.
They normally show up for their exclusives
The numbers say otherwise. PlayStation fans seems to prefer multiplayer only GAAS judging by the numbers.

Plus, games like Returnal and Deathloop flopped pretty bad on PlayStation.

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
The most successful gaas by far is eafc/fifa with ultimate team but that also has a lot of other modes that don't cost anything outside the price of the game.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
To kill the game? Lol
I mean they can announce it as October PS+ game at least but again calling for the death of the game is so weird.

Yes, it's a blunder and a black eye for Sony but killing the game will also be another PR disaster... So that's one extreme to the next which will be no better than the current situation

Sony is attempting to show faith in their own product because they did deliver a very good game... There's nothing to be ashamed of here.
No its not weird when it's clear that its already dead. Why try to revive something which is dead out of the womb?

Even you with your Sony armour should see this......
And IF they in fact did deliver a good game, tell me this: Why are the player numbers abysmal? And don't give me that "It was burned to the ground before release" shit. But a real one.

I know why: Because it is in fact shit. The fact that you like it doesn't change the global sentiments towards this game.
You like shit. That's ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: Would_you_kindly