Concord Review Thread

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This is where you are wrong, 3 headshots is mindbogglingly preposterous. A headshot should result in a kill period, A player should be rewarded for pulling of the hardest type of shot in a shooter. CS, Valorant get that and that is the reason they are so popular

There is no wrong, its just different. Destiny didnt give you a one headshot kill either with Handcannon. Played it for hundreds of hours. Or Halo. Headshots take more damage though.
It fits in with people who are more use to being Destiny PVP. And Im pretty sure Ive been one shotted by a sniper a couple of times in Concord, I hate going 1 on 1 with her.

CS and Valorant arent Hero shooters. Well Valorant has powers and hero shooter aspects but more in the line of CS and Rainbow Six. Its all about the objectives, bomb etc.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Nah... 3 headshots to kill with pistol is fine (actually it is 2 headshots and 1 shot)... anything better than that is unbalanced (well Hawkman exotic was in Destiny).

You are talking about games popular on PC (probably due mouse)... CS was never popular on consoles... and Valorant is so bad that not even people that like know why they like it.
I was a handcannon guy in Destiny.

Volrant, the gun control/play isnt as smooth for me. Thats what hooked me with Concord, it was easy to get into because Im use to Destiny. I like some of the powers in Volrant but Im not in the mood for bomb defusing, its too hard for me

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There is no wrong, its just different. Destiny didnt give you a one headshot kill either with Handcannon. Played it for hundreds of hours. Or Halo. Headshots take more damage though.
It fits in with people who are more use to being Destiny PVP. And Im pretty sure Ive been one shotted by a sniper a couple of times in Concord, I hate going 1 on 1 with her.

CS and Valorant arent Hero shooters. Well Valorant has powers and hero shooter aspects but more in the line of CS and Rainbow Six. Its all about the objectives, bomb etc.
Actually thinking in what you said it makes sense...

CS and Valorant are tactical shooters... not Arena shooters.
Tactical shooters flows better with low TTK.
While Arena shooters go better with higher TTK.

You can see that in the key games like Quake/Unreal (Arena) and CS/RaibowSix/Soccon (Tactical).

But compared with what is is (Arena Shooter) Concord doesn't feel to have higher TTK than average.
If you put one headshot kill in Concord with pistols/handcanon you will basically kill any need for others weapons.
You will be telling players that you have a Sniper that can be used as Handcanon lol

Edit - You will be like the guy with the Golden Gun that even with the 3 others going against he one shot kill all (and he is pretty bad because he needs to shot 2-3 times to hit) :D

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Actually thinking in what you said it makes sense...

CS and Valorant are tactical shooters... not Arena shooters.
Tactical shooters flows better with low TTK.
While Arena shooters go better with higher TTK.

You can see that in the key games like Quake/Unreal (Arena) and CS/RaibowSix/Soccon (Tactical).

But compared with what is is (Arena Shooter) Concord doesn't feel to have higher TTK than average.
If you put one headshot kill in Concord with pistols/handcanon you will basically kill any need for others weapons 🤷‍♂️

I wouldnt have an idiea tbh.

But makes sense to have those more “realistic” shooters being low ttk

I got my brother to give me the breakdown a couple months ago.

Hero Shooter - Overwatch, Marvel Rivals, Concord, Team Fortress
Tactical Shooter- CS, Valorant, Rainbow Six
Arena Shooter - Quake, Doom, and Unreal Tournament? I cant remember if he said Halo?
Battle Royale - Apex
Cant remember if he put COD and Battlefield in the same category as each other. He said something about COD being quick twitch military shooter and battlefield being slower

Something like that, maybe someone can put where Wolfenstein, Halo, COD and Battlefield would fit?
And Im guessing the term “Hero Shooters” spawned off Team Fortress and Area shooters when Overwatch came out? No idea

I use to love playing Unreal Tournament at a family friend’s house. That opening stage match music

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I wouldnt have an idiea tbh.

But makes sense to have those more “realistic” shooters being low ttk

I got my brother to give me the breakdown a couple months ago.

Hero Shooter - Overwatch, Marvel Rivals, Concord, Team Fortress
Tactical Shooter- CS, Valorant, Rainbow Six
Arena Shooter - Quake, Doom, and Unreal Tournament? I cant remember if he said Halo?
Battle Royale - Apex
Cant remember if he put COD and Battlefield in the same category as each other. He said something about COD being quick twitch military shooter and battlefield being slower

Something like that, maybe someone can put where Wolfenstein, Halo, COD and Battlefield would fit?
And Im guessing the term “Hero Shooters” spawned off Team Fortress and Area shooters when Overwatch came out? No idea

I use to love playing Unreal Tournament at a family friend’s house. That opening stage match music
I think the Hero Shooter is an Arena Shooter with powers/abilities/classes.

And yes Halo is considered an Arena Shooter... Destiny is an Arena Shooter if you look only at Crucible (overall it doesn't fit in a sub-genre at all... but that come with the balance being way hard to deal).

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Long TTK encourages team kill meta, I grew up on CS where 1 person can take out 3-4 people if he is skilled enough due to the low ttk. Long TTKs are good when you have a good team you play regularly with, online you get matched with scrubs most of the time and I want rounds to end as fast as possible.

Have you tried the new CS on Steamdeck? Any idea how it runs?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I dont have a steam deck, have a 3070 pc. CS2 changed how the way ticks work with the subtick rate so it has been a struggle to adjust 😅 but the game still plays well
I travel alot so no point me getting a new pc atm. The old one will do but Im thinking of getting a Steamdeck / 2 when it comes. Especially if there is no PSP3 by then.
I was gonna try Rainbow six because I fancied CS a few weeks back

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Nah... 3 headshots to kill with pistol is fine (actually it is 2 headshots and 1 shot)... anything better than that is unbalanced (well Hawkman exotic was in Destiny).

You are talking about games popular on PC (probably due mouse)... CS was never popular on consoles... and Valorant is so bad that not even people that like know why they like it.
The characters heads must be thicker than the execs that thought this was a good game if it takes 3 shots to the head to kill them

• haha

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The characters heads must be thicker than the execs that thought this was a good game if it takes 3 shots to the head to kill them
Did you play games? Because it is the same in others lol
I'm not even sure what illusion reality you guys lives that handcanons kills with a single headshot lol.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Dude you are letting destiny bias get the better of you, if destiny PvP was so good then bungie themselves would have made a standalone game. The other shooters on market are plain better
Nahhhh.

Overwatch don't kill either with one handcannon headshots (you need 2 headshots) lol

That is why your guys saying it feels like alternative reality because most games don't do that.
If handcannons kills with one headshot you should not need others weapons in games like I said.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
2OiOO18q.jpg

69 Metacritic (5 reviews)

62 OpenCritic (3 reviews)

16/20 - Jeuxvideo.com
At the risk of disappointing its detractors, Concord is a very good hero shooter that could very well overshadow the big names in the genre, if a community of players takes it that far. Firewalk's service game is based on solid arguments: great shooting sensations, 16 varied and perfectly oiled heroes, impeccable technique and artistic direction and even attractive tactical perspectives. As it stands, we just regret overly classic game modes as well as a universe that would have deserved a more important place within the experience... Two points that are not set in stone and that will most certainly improve with future updates (all free, there is no season pass or battle pass, let us remind you). A very good choice. We loved it.

7.2/10 Hobby Consolas
Concord presents great gameplay as a first person shooter while taking us back to simpler times with a traditional progression system. Unfortunately, its lack of personality means that it fails to capture the attention it should in a genre where there are already too many games.

3.5/5 Game Rant
Those wanting to roll the dice on Concord will find an excellent FPS full of exciting abilities, intense battles, and eye-popping visuals. The game's character designs, premium price point, and general lack of interest from the public may make it so Concord never really gets a chance, and so potential consumers need to weigh the risks of investing $40 on a game that may be dead before too long. Personally, I am glad to have played Concord and I will continue playing it as much as possible, and will be sad if the day comes when its player count dwindles to the point where it no longer makes sense to support it. Hopefully, Concord defies the odds and becomes one of Sony's long-lasting live service experiments.