Concord Review Thread

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
You really think it will get shut down before they release it on PS+/FP2?
I think its wishful thinking that it would shut down in a month

This is an exceptionally bad launch. Lawbreakers debuted with 8k, redfall with 6k — games were shutdown. This is substantially less.

It may be too expensive to keep it running or to bother sustaining future content. Especially with the narrative cinematics they’re promising.

Like there should be emergency meetings over the weekend to address this.

OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Interesting to note:

The concept of "Five different Heroes from different walks of life, must come together and save the world"...relies almost ENTIRELY on an epic adventure with crazy high stakes.

Concord is just "Five different Heroes from different walks of life, must come together to unlock green gloves and business card motos."

The narrative is completely incongruous with the gameplay design.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This is an exceptionally bad launch. Lawbreakers debuted with 8k, redfall with 6k — games were shutdown. This is substantially less.

It may be too expensive to keep it running or to bother sustaining future content. Especially with the narrative cinematics they’re promising.

Either way I doubt it closes in a month. Your just being dramatic lol

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Honestly, 70 is harsh
I think it's about right, to be honest. After playing the beta, I would have put in around 75% max zone.

There were a lot of issues I felt that needed addressing.

Was the gameplay fun? For the most part, yes, but when games were not being ruined by disconnects or people leaving + crappy death spawns, something had to give.

They have got a foundation now but they have a short time period to make this game more attractive to the masses, hopefully the next couple of content drops will address that.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Either way I doubt it closes in a month. Your just being dramatic lol

Maybe not a month. Now to see if it can outperform Babylon’s Fall.

Man… I sorta feel bad. I saw this coming but not this abysmal.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
There is a psychology behind reviews. Almost every review is talking about how the game is probably DOA or gonna fail out the gate so theres already an air of death around it which also plays into reviews. These people reviewing the games aren’t with out their own flaws and bias so thats just gonna seep into how they score it.

I’ve seen worse games score way higher, stuff like ARMS from Nintendo for example, a way more shallow of a game.

Like i said though, this will also play into Astro Bots reviews. Early Sentiment and narrative behind it is very high, so i assume no one will dare score it less than an 8 even if they aren’t super content with it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Danja and Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think it's about right, to be honest. After playing the beta, I would have put in around 75% max zone.

There were a lot of issues I felt that needed addressing.

Was the gameplay fun? For the most part, yes, but when games were not being ruined by disconnects or people leaving + crappy death spawns, something had to give.

They have got a foundation now but they have a short time period to make this game more attractive to the masses, hopefully the next couple of content drops will address that.
Luckily they sorted people leaving. And people join if anyone drops out which is rare atm.

For me the gameplay has been an 8-8.5, fun and addictive. But games without a campaign or lots of modes, and story player modes etc cant score higher for me

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Herman has a secret humiliation kink, that can be the only explanation for this travesty. I am scared of the 1st party titles he greenlights after being in charge now, hopefully nishino over rules him
I give the guy shit and thinks he fell upwards but why you implying he greenlighted this? This game was being eyed by Shu initially back in 2018 when they met up for the pitch.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Luckily they sorted people leaving. And people join if anyone drops out which is rare atm
Well, that's a huge plus, I can not overstate how that ruined my fun in the beta.

If there was one thing that put me off it was that, it really did ruin my experience + fun.

I have no issue getting killed or loosing games, but 2 vs 5 sucks

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
There is a psychology behind reviews. Almost every review is talking about how the game is probably DOA or gonna fail out the gate so theres already an air of death around it which also plays into reviews. These people reviewing the games aren’t with out their own flaws and bias so thats just gonna seep into how they score it.

I’ve seen worse games score way higher, stuff like ARMS from Nintendo for example, a way more shallow of a game.

Like i said though, this will also play into Astro Bots reviews. Early Sentiment and narrative behind it is very high, so i assume no one will dare score it less than an 8 even if they aren’t super content with it.
I've said this, reviews are purely based on hype/expectation. Actual reviews of games are hardly credible until several months after a game has released. That's why retrospective reviews are always so much more quality, they know FOR SURE what they and the people like and dislike about the title.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Well, that's a huge plus, I can not overstate how that ruined my fun in the beta.

If there was one thing that put me off it was that, it really did ruin my experience + fun.

I have no issue getting killed or loosing games, but 2 vs 5 sucks
100%
I kinda knew people who bought the game wouldnt be doing that, well for awhile anyway

Reactions: Sircaw

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah I don't think PS5 players are gonna save this game. I think SIE have dropped the focus a bit on Helldivers 2 so if anything, put the devs on as a content support studio for that title while Arrowhead spearheads creative decisions for the most part.

HD2 would probably benefit from some PvP and maybe some single player-driven story content just pulling even more from Starship Troopers. That's better than SIE splitting their focus between HD2, Concord, Fairgame$ and whatever other GAAS they're trying to push out in a short timeframe.
I like HD2 but it would be waste. Get the studio on a traditional single player FPS with a PVP mode, same style as gun controls etc. New artists and character designers and bring in the right PS guys to overlook it.
There gunplay is good so it wouldnt make sense to use them for a 3rd person shooter like HD2 when PS lacks FPS games. Even the reviewers arent complaining about the gameplay much.

Use the money they have made from HD2 to expand it. I cant talk for Fairgame, Im not really an Ubisoft guy so we’ll see about the gameplay but yeah if they sucks use them.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I give the guy shit and thinks he fell upwards but why you implying he greenlighted this? This game was being eyed by Shu initially back in 2018 when they met up for the pitch.
Na herman specifically stated that he played this and thinks its a great game, shu shops around for indies and xdev projects.

The GaaS push was initiated by Jimbo and Herman was the herald of doom for it. Herman played it in 2021 and greenlighted buying firewalk, they could have just published this and it would have been less of an embarrassment and humiliation.

OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
They'll keep it up for a year+. They'll make QoL changes, go F2P, add a few new modes & characters, and if the numbers don't improve enough, they'll pull the plug. No way is it getting shuttered before that.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

What can they do. Change the character looks, maybe, it would remove alot of the hate. But I doubt its possible? More modes? They can rush the seasons they mentioned. A few more modes would help.

They just have to keep going for like 6 months, release all 3 seasons and then probably go FP2.
Best outcome it will be a niche title for there hardcore fans. I could see myself easily playing it once in while in the coming years after this initial phase. Im not a hardcore PVP guy, so no matter how good, it couldnt replace all my gaming time

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Na herman specifically stated that he played this and thinks its a great game, shu shops around for indies and xdev projects.

The GaaS push was initiated by Jimbo and Herman was the herald of doom for it. Herman played it in 2021 and greenlighted buying firewalk, they could have just published this and it would have been less of an embarrassment and humiliation.

If most people play it without the character objections, they’ll at least realise its smooth, responsive, controls well, fun etc No1 in the reviews are really really saying the gameplay is bad.
I dont even like Hermen but its understandable

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Multiplayer.it 6/0
AUG 23, 2024
As it stands, however, it is a project that puts the long testing phase it desperately needs behind the payment of an entrance fee, among other things in an undergrowth in which the competition has adopted the free-to-play model for years, running the risk of generating a fall from which it seems difficult to recover.

Not any mention of gameplay in the conclusion. Just FP2 talk
I use to think it was ridiculous to criticise games over story or repetitiveness ( because they are subjective and most games are repetitive ) by now judging a game on if it would do well in the market… just review the game lol

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
They should have pivoted to F2P before opening pre-orders. Maybe would have helped a bit. Going F2P now won;t do much for the game.

Just move on to something else.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Honestly the best thing could have done after the reveal during state of play was go back and delay the game for a 12 or 18 months like suicide squad did.

Remove the 2 obese teletubbies, add in 2 fit good looking chick.
Remove discount drax and yondu and make 2 anthromorphic aliens. (leopard human hybrid, wolf human hybrid)
Remove the yellow tin can and replace him with a sleek looking android samurai whose ranged attacks(bullets) are judgement cuts
Have a serious space marine type character
A succubus type thirst trap that attracts cosplayers and rule 34 crowd

Reactions: Kokoloko