Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
where and why he is moving on? it is not like they stopping creating games :D

Probably have that particular position filled already for the other game.

Or they already have a new job/contract lined up elsewhere already. SSM might not be a true two game studio yet

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I have a feeling this game is gonna do something crazy to subvert peoples expectations. Maybe thats why they aren’t showing too much of it too early. It might be a Metal Gear Solid 2/Last of Us part II situation where they are gonna have to insert a lot of fake outs in the trailer.
I would hate that. I want Kratos as main character for this game and the next ones.
where and why he is moving on? it is not like they stopping creating games :D
Probably have that particular position filled already for the other game.

Or they already have a new job/contract lined up elsewhere already. SSM might not be a true two game studio yet
I think Cory isn't moving anywhere. When announced GoWR, Cory said he wasn't directing it and that he was working in other projects (or "things", I don't remember the exact wording) at SSM. As I remember sounded like that in addition to GoWR SSM had multiple projecs in the works (so at least a total of three) and that Cory was overeviewing all of them and directing one of them.

So I'd bet back then the current SSM projects were:
  • Overviewing/supporting the GoW 2018 PC port, ported mostly by that external team
  • Late stages of GoWR production (to be released in PS this 2022, PC port to be released minimum 2 or 3 years later)
  • Overviewing/supporting the pre-production of the PlayStation Studios & Amazon GoW tv show (to be released 2024 aprox.)
  • Overviewing/supporting the preproduction of externally developed PS5 & PC remasters of the two GoW collections of pre-GoW 2018 title in order to release them aprox. at the same time than the GoW tv series (similar move to the TLOU projects and tv show or Uncharted Legacy of Thieves and Uncharted movie)
  • Early stages of Cory's new IP production (to be released in 2025 aprox.)
  • Pre-production of the newt GoW (post GoWR) sequel set in a new mithology, probably Egypt (to be released around 2027/PS6 launch aprox.)
So basically back then I think SSM had 2 games under production, a third one under preproduction, were overviewing an externally developed PC port and preparing plans for future GoW tv show and externally developed remastered collections. And like all the other Sony teams, growing their headcount a lot.
order

11.11, 0 delays
Pre-Order soon

At this point, I am confident The Snitch is not just some employee but probably marketing guy :p
I think the number was 1110, not 111110.
It would mean that soon they'll announce GoWR November 10th release date and will open preorders.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I would hate that. I want Kratos as main character for this game and the next ones.

When announced GoWR, Cory said he wasn't directing it and that he was working in other projects (or "things", I don't remember the exact wording) at SSM. As I remember sounded like that in addition to GoWR SSM had multiple game in the works (so at least a total of three) and that Cory was overeviewing all of them and directing one of them.

I'd bet back then the current SSM projects were:
  • Overviewing/supporting the GoW 2018 PC port
  • Production of GoWR
  • Production of Cory's new IP
  • Pre-production of GoW (post GoWR) sequel set in a new mithology, probably Egypt
  • Overviewing/supporting the pre-production of the PlayStation Studios & Amazon GoW tv show

Or a new The Order game. 👀

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

I have a feeling this game is gonna do something crazy to subvert peoples expectations. Maybe thats why they aren’t showing too much of it too early. It might be a Metal Gear Solid 2/Last of Us part II situation where they are gonna have to insert a lot of fake outs in the trailer.

Yeah but here the title is God of war. You expect to play as him

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
After half of the game, you play as Thor and need to kill Kratos 😂
sick team america GIF

• haha
Reactions: arvfab
Status
Not open for further replies.