DF Direct Special: Did The Last Of Us Part 1 Really Need A Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Delusional :rolleyes:

It didn't take 9+ years for TLOU to come to PC. It took from the time they announced the PS5 and PC version (together btw) to whenever it ends up releasing... which was said to be shortly after the PS5 version.

NOBODY... and I REPEAT NOBODY was waiting for TLOU1 to hit PC for 9+ years... because nobody ever considered it would EVER come to PC in the first place.

The new, self proclaimed DEFINITIVE VERSION OF THE GAME... was in development for PS5 and PC at the same time, and the PC version will launch shortly after.

Deal with it dude.
Delusional is to think that that 2013 game is new just because Sony choose to release it on PC now.

Took over 9+ years to Sony release the game on PC and you guys are weird calling Sony took few months and calling the fastest PC release lol

Miles Morales will actually be the fastest Sony PC release when launch until it be beaten by other game.

But hey we are waiting yet these receipts for games that Sony choose to release with lass the 2 years GAP… probably live services games but right now the Sony strategy didn’t change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Umar
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You can't gauge a release like that. In 2013 there was no development for the PC. You have to count at the start that PS studios decided to start porting to the PC. These ports are taking less than a year to do.
And it doesn’t matter… it is a business decision after all not a development choice… you count when the game was released.

Sony games are having a over 2 years time period to reach PC… TLOU took 9 years so it no where the weird “fastest” claim.

Miles Morales that probably will be the fastest with around 2 years in November.

Sony is being very clear about what they are doing with PC… they releases old games… in the case of TLOU a 9+ years old game.

But seems like the usual PC fans (well some fake because they are Xbox fans) are in denial and rushing to create a new narrative.

Last edited:

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
HBO show is airing next year. It’s cross promotional marketing.

Of course they would remake again for PS5.
Guarantee Joel will find a ps5 and a stash of ND games in some dilapidated building during their journey in the hbo show.

Joel - oh look baby gurl, look what i found
Elilie- is that a…..
Joel - PS5, humph
Ellie - wow. Oh look, The Last Of Us Part 1?
Joel - yeah, the dumbest game ever made
Ellie - koool!

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Oh. So it's a bad thing for YOU. Not for the industry as a whole.
Well, I think that making platform holders regular publishers with the same incentive as the others is bad for "gaming" as a hobby. We don't want another EA/ubi/Activision, another company that makes games that are more and more store fronts to sell DLC as opposed to actual games meant to entertain (compared to manipulate you into spending more inside the game).

What platform holders do is making standout titles that bring attention to their platform to bring people in (Sega did, Sony and Nintendo still do and MS attempted to do for a long time).

This is my only concern with Sony or Nintendo going fill turd party or even doing too many PC releases.

Reactions: arvfab

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
The PC port took over 9 years to be made.

We are talking about The Last of Us… a game that release in 2013 that took two rereleased to finally hit PC.

You need to live in a bubble to think The Last of Us released for the first time yesterday lol
Cmon man. What are you doing

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Delusional is to think that that 2013 game is new just because Sony choose to release it on PC now.

Took over 9+ years to Sony release the game on PC and you guys are weird calling Sony took few months and calling the fastest PC release lol

Miles Morales will actually be the fastest Sony PC release when launch until it be beaten by other game.

But hey we are waiting yet these receipts for games that Sony choose to release with lass the 2 years GAP… probably live services games but right now the Sony strategy didn’t change.
In your delusional world it also took over 9+ years for Sony to release the game on PS5..... So why are you specifically saying PC??

PS5 wasn't a thing when Sony developed the game for PS3... was it? So I wouldn't say it took Sony 9+ years and multiple rereleases to make the game for PS5 would I? They haven't been planning this release since back then... did they?

It took Sony from the time they started development of the PS5 version.... until the time it released.... to make release the game on PS5... That's it.

The PC version, was developed and announced simultaneously.. and thus the difference will be far shorter than other games.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Deleted member 51
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
In your delusional world it also took over 9+ years for Sony to release the game on PS5..... So why are you specifically saying PC??

PS5 wasn't a thing when Sony developed the game for PS3... was it? So I wouldn't say it took Sony 9+ years and multiple rereleases to make the game for PS5 would I? They haven't been planning this release since back then... did they?

It took Sony from the time they started development of the PS5 version.... until the time it released.... to make release the game on PS5... That's it.

The PC version, was developed and announced simultaneously.. and thus the difference will be far shorter than other games.
PS5 game is the same as the original release… c’mon.

Same story, experience, gameplay… it is a form for newcomers to play the game if they missed the 2013 release. And the first time for PC users.

You guys trying to make TLOU Part 1 as something new that not even Sony did that because it is a game aimed to new players not those that played the game.

It is a 2013 game that most PlayStation players already played now releasing on PC for the first time.

Took over 9 years for that.

The fastest game to hit PC will in fact be Miles Morales after like 2 years of the original release.

PS. For curiosity… do you consider MCC a new game? Let’s get a single game… do you think MCC’s Halo 2 a new game? It is a remaster like TLOU Part 1… new engine, better graphics, same game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Umar

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022

Same story, experience, gameplay… it is a form for newcomers to play the game if they missed the 2013 release. And the first time for PC users.

You guys trying to make TLOU Part 1 as something new that not even Sony did that because it is a game aimed to new players not those that played the game.

It is a 2013 game that most PlayStation players already played now releasing on PC for the first time.

The fastest game to hit PC will in fact be Miles Morales after like 2 years of the original release.
Nobody is claiming TLOU Part 1 is a brand new game...

It's a 2013 game... that 9 years later was rebuilt and rereleased on PS5 and PC.

So when we talk about this new release.... we talk about it being in development for both platforms at the same time... and being the closest release in terms of development and release... to the console version.

It didn't take 9 years for anything.... because nothing was planned since back then... I mean, god damn...

• fire
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Nobody is claiming TLOU Part 1 is a brand new game...

It's a 2013 game... that 9 years later was rebuilt and rereleased on PS5 and PC.

So when we talk about this new release.... we talk about it being in development for both platforms at the same time... and being the closest release in terms of development and release... to the console version.

It didn't take 9 years for anything.... because nothing was planned since back then... I mean, god damn...
Who ever talked about development? You guys replied to me about a fact I stated and I will state it until the Sony PC strategy changes.

Sony put TLOU on PC because it is their strategy to put only over 2 years old games on PC… that from what I see didn’t chance or have any hint of change.

You guys are trying to create a narrative like GoW Ragnarok will release in a few months on PC because that is the same people replying to me is saying.

Maybe you guys missed it but that is the actual post that generated all the fake narratives.

100%

But I don’t think PC releases is bad… I’m in the middle… let’s see how Sony manage future releases… creating a PlayStation ecosystem on PC with like 2 years old release makes sense imo.

Just remember the fastest PC port today will be Miles Morales and it is over 2 years for the look of it.
And somebody replied saying it is TLOU.
I crushed his dreams with it is a 2013 game.

And you guys started to jump to made weird comments trying to twist the narrative.

Fact: TLOU is a 2013 game that is hitting PC after 9 years and doesn’t go against Sony PC strategy I said for over 2 years old releases.

You guys can be how delusion you want I will continue putting facts on the table… because if somebody else read it won’t fall by the fake narrative.

Maybe Xbox/PC fans are trying to push that narrative to try to say the game underperformed late… when it is more than expected it to sell really at the lower end because it is a 2013 game being released in newer platforms… it is aimed to newcomers because there is very little about it that will push players that already played it to buy it again… after all you can play it on PS5 for free if you have PS+.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

PS. For curiosity… do you consider MCC a new game? Let’s get a single game… do you think MCC’s Halo 2 a new game? It is a remaster like TLOU Part 1… new engine, better graphics, same game.

Have you played it? I'm playing it. Not the same game. The AI changes alone make it worth it.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz
D

Deleted member 13

And it doesn’t matter… it is a business decision after all not a development choice… you count when the game was released.

Sony games are having a over 2 years time period to reach PC… TLOU took 9 years so it no where the weird “fastest” claim.

Miles Morales that probably will be the fastest with around 2 years in November.

Sony is being very clear about what they are doing with PC… they releases old games… in the case of TLOU a 9+ years old game.

But seems like the usual PC fans (well some fake because they are Xbox fans) are in denial and rushing to create a new narrative.
Actually this is objectively wrong. This is not how long it takes to develop a game for a different platform. You need to stop saying this now.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Actually this is objectively wrong. This is not how long it takes to develop a game for a different platform. You need to stop saying this now.
What is wrong? lol
It is a Sony strategy and only over 2 years old games were released on PC until now including the 9 years old TLOU that is still to be released.

Edit - Stop editing posts that is not yours.

Last edited:

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Im so f%king confused at what is going on in this thread, going by this '2 year' logic, that means TLOU pt 2 will be on PC soon?

Its been 2 years.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm not a huge fan of third parties saying "did this really need a remake?" Does Sony go around saying "Does Digital Foundry serve a real purpose?" Even though my answer to both is "no", I am not going to around shouting that from the roof tops.

I am sure there are going to be a lot of people that buy the game and love it and feel like it's money well spent so .... 🤷‍♂️ Performance in the market is what honestly answers that question.

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 140

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
@ethomaz real mature argument there by dropping a laughing reaction. You keep insisting on a flawed assumption even when you havent played the game. Stop being obtuse and start listening to others for a moment. You are an absolute embarrassment.

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
@ethomaz real mature argument there by dropping a laughing reaction. You keep insisting on a flawed assumption even when you havent played the game. Stop being obtuse and start listening to others for a moment. You are an absolute embarrassment.
No you are being.
You keep with the same ideia even I already explained it dozen of times to you.

BTW do you consider Halo 2 in MCC a remake? Because it is a remaster and has everything and more than what TLOU had.

If you played TLOU in the past there is nothing new to play the new game… sorry but it is the same game… you can argue it lacks the MP that is a bit let down but for what TLOU is know for nothing changed.

The experience from you that are playing the game again right now is not different from these that played it last year, in 2018, in 2015, etc.

PS. The laugh reaction means I did laugh when I read you post… but maybe you prefer to hide your emotions… I’m not… if I laugh with a post I will just use the same reaction to show you how honest I’m.

Status
Not open for further replies.