DF Direct Special: Did The Last Of Us Part 1 Really Need A Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It’s hilarious that he is claiming Sony isn’t making this out to be a new experience and is just the same game as the PS3 version when it costs $70. What a joke. Again, have some dignity.
You know one of the biggest complain about the game in the critics and gamers are that it is really Sony asking $70 for the same game.

But you are not even a PlayStation fan so what you know about it? Is that the so called dignity? lol

But hey show any game launched for PC by Sony in less than 2 years of original release? You guys are all talk but when asked receipts turns deaf.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Deleted member 140

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
I am a gamer. I’ve owned all the PS consoles except PS5, which I will own eventually. All the horseshit you talk about PC and Xbox and you have the nerve to act as if you can’t comment on a game or platform unless you’re a fanboy of it 😆

I never said anything about a PC release within two years. I’m just laughing at your pathetic mental gymnastics. But since you asked, they’re right. Sony just released a LoU remake and it’ll hit PC super quick, much quicker than Miles.

What’s funnier than your mental gymnastics is the fact that this only bothers you because it signals a greater push by Sony to release their games on PC quicker and that will affect your ability to be an unpaid console warrior online. That’s literally it.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I am a gamer. I’ve owned all the PS consoles except PS5, which I will own eventually. All the horseshit you talk about PC and Xbox and you have the nerve to act as if you can’t comment on a game or platform unless you’re a fanboy of it 😆

I never said anything about a PC release within two years. I’m just laughing at your pathetic mental gymnastics. But since you asked, they’re right. Sony just released a LoU remake and it’ll hit PC super quick, much quicker than Miles.

What’s funnier than your mental gymnastics is the fact that this only bothers you because it signals a greater push by Sony to release their games on PC quicker and that will affect your ability to be an unpaid console warrior online. That’s literally it.
Wrong again.

TLOU is a 2013 release that will eventually hit PC somehow next year.

That is the type of bullshit that we PlayStation fans needs to face and correct every time from you guys.

I’m still waiting that so called less 2 years after original release that makes my claim wrong lol

If TLOU was released this year then it should probably release in 2024 or late on PC just like you won’t see Ragnarok on PC in the next year… it is so clear that baffles me the mental gymnastics you guys are trying to create a false narrative.

TLOU is hitting PC because it is a 2+ years old game.

People with interesting discussion are talking about how Sony PC strategy will works with live service games where most PS fans believes it will be day one release with PS5… and not creating false claims.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
How is PC porting a bad thing?
It's a problem with a few moving parts:

1. The concern is normally splitting development time and resources. Yes... Sony have Nixxes, so ND can move onto next DLC/game, but they still lose dev scope/ability to take full advantage of new consoles features, by still having to take into consideration last gen/older pc setups (whatever details that entails case-by-case, but I remember discussions about flying mounts, or Kojima's grass physics in MGS GZ/TPP not being doable on last gen, or needing to downgrade next gen version to feel more in-line with each other.) E.G. We were essentially told "loading hallways/elevators/squeeze through wall" were going to become a thing of the past due to loading time and memory management improvements for PS5. We still have to do that crap.

2. Broadly, PS exclusive games being available elsewhere just takes away the need to get a PS5/6 going forward. Couple that with various other communication gaffs and mistakes, Sony look like they're attempting to play MS's games a day later and dollor short, rather than doing what they can uniquely offer.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar
D

Deleted member 13

It's a problem with a few moving parts:

1. The concern is normally splitting development time and resources. Yes... Sony have Nixxes, so ND can move onto next DLC/game, but they still lose dev scope/ability to take full advantage of new consoles features, by still having to take into consideration last gen/older pc setups (whatever details that entails case-by-case, but I remember discussions about flying mounts, or Kojima's grass physics in MGS GZ/TPP not being doable on last gen, or needing to downgrade next gen version to feel more in-line with each other.)

2. Broadly, PS exclusive games being available elsewhere just takes away the need to get a PS5/6 going forward. Couple that with various other communication gaffs and mistakes, Sony look like they're attempting to play MS's games a day later dollor short.
That is not how game development works with multiplatform games. Never has a 1st party exclusive outperformed a high-end GPU of a 3rd party game on a PC. That's a complete myth and is objectively wrong. Game development's main time sync is in the creation of assets. The game engine modified for PC hardware was or is being sorted out now. You are never going to see God of War (2018) on the PS5 outperforming God of War Rag on a PS5 simply because they had to downgrade graphics features for low-end GPUs for the PC version of God of War Rag.

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 51

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
That is not how game development works with multiplatform games. Never has a 1st party exclusive outperformed a high-end GPU of a 3rd party game on a PC. That's a complete myth and is objectively wrong. Game development's main time sync is in the creation of assets. The game engine modified for PC hardware was or is being sorted out now. You are never going to see God of War (2018) on the PS5 outperforming God of War Rag on a PS5 simply because they had to downgrade graphics features for low-end GPUs for the PC version of God of War Rag.
I'd perfer downgrade ports after the fact, or developed by Nixxes alongside, than any sense of feeling like the next gen version of the game wasn't able to hit it's true potential. After releasing PS4 ResoGun, HouseMarquee released a downgraded visual version for PS3 with less particles on screen at once etc.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
@VFX_Veteran,

Stop editing other posts.
If you can’t show me any game released by Sony on PC with less than 2 years after the original release then stop to edit post that are not yours with fake data.

You are not doing anything good for the community here… you are instead spreading the same bullshit narrative against PlayStation others do.

And of course take that warning to you.
Because I’m out.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Wait what so we can't say "PC beggers" no more? huh. How are we supposed to call out those who keep asking for Playstation games to go PC?

What is wrong? lol
It is a Sony strategy and only over 2 years old games were released on PC until now including the 9 years old TLOU that is still to be released.

Edit - Stop editing posts that is not yours.

This.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 140

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No you are being.
You keep with the same ideia even I already explained it dozen of times to you.

BTW do you consider Halo 2 in MCC a remake? Because it is a remaster and has everything and more than what TLOU had.

If you played TLOU in the past there is nothing new to play the new game… sorry but it is the same game… you can argue it lacks the MP that is a bit let down but for what TLOU is know for nothing changed.

The experience from you that are playing the game again right now is not different from these that played it last year, in 2018, in 2015, etc.

PS. The laugh reaction means I did laugh when I read you post… but maybe you prefer to hide your emotions… I’m not… if I laugh with a post I will just use the same reaction to show you how honest I’m.

Damn, you really are as dumb as a brick wall. I'm playing the game. I've completed OG TLOU 3 or 4 times and now I'm on my first playthrough of Part 1.

It feels like a new game with the same story. Your problem is that you read a thing here or there, haven't played the damn thing, and have decided it's the same.

And I don't give two shits what Halo is, I have absolutely zero intentions of playing it.

D

Deleted member 140

Part 1 does look incredible and is indeed a visual master piece! That said, it's very much the same game as the original release, characters, story, levels, puzzles, gameplay, it's all basically the same and calling it a "new" game feels very wrong to me!

Reactions: Sircaw

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Quick review - it's been a very enjoyable experience so far. I'm about 9 hours in and have not reached mid point just yet. I'm exploring quite a bit as well, and killing every single enemy I face. I'm rating this as I know the story already, so a full play-through is not needed to evaluate all changes.

Positives
  • Graphics - as an overall package, the graphics improvements are immense. Game looks slightly better than TLOU PT II.
  • Lighting - separate from graphics as the changes to lighting actually make a difference on how you approach some sections. It also improves tension in a lot of scenes.
  • Gameplay - Somewhere between OG and PT II. Weapon mechanics are massively improved and shooting feels way better. Some combat animations have been improved, and some new animations (picking items, QTE, etc) have been brought over from PT II. Shooting alone makes this a much more enjoyable experience.
  • AI - One of the biggest improvements. It changes how you approach levels, how aggressive you need to be, and how combat feels. This was a complete game changer for me.
  • Audio - Improved over OG, but from my TV speakers it doesn't sound as immersive as PT II. I haven't taken much time to understand if this is related to the different tone of the game or if it's related to audio quality. Have not tested 3D audio.
  • Cutscenes - Graphical changes + new facial expressions really add to the weight of cutscenes, and in some cases they change the tone. Mind you, this is not a bad thing, but since the original game looks a lot more stylized due to the technical limitations of the PS3, you now understand how characters "feel" much better. That scene at the beginning is absolutely soul crushing now.
  • Gore - Contrary to what has been found by some reviews and analysis (@NXGamer comes to mind), the gore system is very similar as the one found in PT II. Not sure if he faced some bug where gore was toned down, but it isn't toned down, with some stuff being enhanced. I'd say the Gore feels like PT II +
Neutral
  • No changes to any of the story beats or pacing. I'm adding as neutral because some people may see this as a negative while others may see it as a positive
  • Price.
Negatives
  • Game is buggier than other Naughty Dog experiences. Nothing too bad, but it feels way less polished. This has started to occur in all PS Studios experiences since they started porting games to PC. They seem to not care as much for the console experience as before.
  • Companion AI, while massively improved, still lends itself to braindead moments where Ellie either blocks your path or runs in front of an enemy. These moments are not common though
Score
  • If I was to score as a brand new game - 9.2/10
  • If I was to score it as a remake - 8.9/10
Summary - When I say it feels like a new game, I mean it. All positives listed above make the game feel different, like a new experience with the same story.

Edit - Here's a good video that covers some points I made

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Inappropriate language.
It didn't need imo the game still hold up pretty good, but it's a good option for those who want to re- experience the game. Like why not? But imma close my eyes every time Tess is on the Camera. That ugly bitch ain't Tess.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Negatives
  • Game is buggier than other Naughty Dog experiences. Nothing too bad, but it feels way less polished. This has started to occur in all PS Studios experiences since they started porting games to PC. They seem to not care as much for the console experience as before.
  • Companion AI, while massively improved, still lends itself to braindead moments where Ellie either blocks your path or runs in front of an enemy. These moments are not common though
Hey, could you give us a couple of examples of this?>

This is what i was saying earlier about stuff being ported to PC, were the overall quality of said product would take a hit.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It didn't need imo the game still hold up pretty good, but it's a good option for those who want to re- experience the game. Like why not? But imma close my eyes every time Tess is on the Camera. That ugly bitch ain't Tess.
You really are invested in Tess arn't you lol?

Old Woman Yes GIF

D

Deleted member 13

I'd perfer downgrade ports after the fact, or developed by Nixxes alongside, than any sense of feeling like the next gen version of the game wasn't able to hit it's true potential. After releasing PS4 ResoGun, HouseMarquee released a downgraded visual version for PS3 with less particles on screen at once etc.
Don't worry about that. Every game's true potential technically will always be running the game with a high-end GPU so the point is moot. We are in RT times now and the consoles nor the PCs can really handle it, so we have a whole generation for developers to sort out what works best using RT and what's too computensive.

D

Deleted member 13

@VFX_Veteran,

Stop editing other posts.
yoius with fake data.

You are not doing anything good for the community here… you are instead spreading the same bullshit narrative against PlayStation others do.

And of course take that warning to you.
Because I’m out.
I can edit any post that needs to be edited so that you learn NOT to say what you are saying. That's called moderation.

I asked you to stop with the nonsense claim. I happen to know firsthand from inside source (you know - the TLOU announcement that I made back over a year ago on GAF that turned out to be true?) the timeframe when Sony decided to make PC ports. It's not a timeline you were declaring so it's quite frankly a false claim. It's not an opinion at all.

You decided to get snide with me because you didn't like it. I was transparent and I told you why you should NOT post such a claim.

Good Luck

D

Deleted member 13

@SSfox,

The mod team is tired of the "pc port begging" comments and that's why we put it in the rules. Sony has made it official that they are supporting the PC for ports going forward, so it's no longer considered port begging.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
@SSfox,

The mod team is tired of the "pc port begging" comments and that's why we put it in the rules. Sony has made it official that they are supporting the PC for ports going forward, so it's no longer considered port begging.
PC port begging is a thing. Either Sony support it or not doesn't change that, and i don't have to support it myself either. Also they're not fully into it like MS is, fortunately. They day they will is the day i'm done with the Playstation brand.

And saying PC port begging is not an insult from what i know, so why it is a problem to say that? So how are we suppose to refer to those crowds of people that keep asking for other platforms exclusives to be in their platform?

D

Deleted member 13

PC port begging is a thing. Either Sony support it or not doesn't change that, and i don't have to support it myself either. Also they're not fully into it like MS is, fortunately. They day they will is the day i'm done with the Playstation brand.

And saying PC port begging is not an insult from what i know, so why it is a problem to say that? So how are we suppose to refer to those crowds of people that keep asking for other platforms exclusives to be in their platform?
You must not have been on these forums when someone mentioning that caused a complete thread derailment and people started getting personal. We make up the rules to maintain some sort of sanity on these forums so that everyone can enjoy reading them. Every time someone brings up that trigger word "port-begging", it causes a derailment and it's an antagonizing combative statement which we will no longer allow.

If you feel that people are port-begging, keep it to yourself and ignore it. That will keep the thread on-topic and cause less bickering and fighting.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51
Status
Not open for further replies.