DF Direct Special: Did The Last Of Us Part 1 Really Need A Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
You must not have been on these forums when someone mentioning that caused a complete thread derailment and people started getting personal. We make up the rules to maintain some sort of sanity on these forums so that everyone can enjoy reading them. Every time someone brings up that trigger word "port-begging", it causes a derailment and it's an antagonizing combative statement which we will no longer allow.

If you feel that people are port-begging, keep it to yourself and ignore it. That will keep the thread on-topic and cause less bickering and fighting.
So how should we call those who keep begging for Playstation exclusive games to go PC?

D

Deleted member 13

So how should we call those who keep begging for Playstation exclusive games to go PC?
Why do they need to be labeled at all? Calling people names will only bring chaos and drama. Surely you can understand that.

This is a gaming site, not a platform specific site. We all love games regardless of what platform those games are being run on.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
We did ask people to stop using those terms, we also tried to cover an area that encompassed all platforms.

-Xbox has no games

-The best deal in gaming

-Painting an entire community responsible for doxing/death threats

-PlayStation games become scraps when they go to PC.

-In before the concern/ fake outrage post

-Constant shilling or plugging Game pass

-Disrespect aimed at the moderation team

-Sony's games are all 3D walking simulators.

-Pc Port-begging comments

-False information in regards to technical specs, (i.e PS5 having 9.2 flops of GPU performance)

As you can see from this list, we are not targeting one branch but all branches of gaming.

In the end, we want people to chat and discuss things, these kinds of phrases normally break down the conversation into a feeding frenzy type scenario that derails the thread.

As a website that attracts all types of users, our intention is not to stifle chats but enhance them, I hope you can understand our point. 😍

D

Deleted member 13

So I had a PM with @ethomaz and there was a misunderstanding.

@ethomaz is correct in thinking that Sony decided to make 9yr old games for the PC. He pushed it "took" 9yrs to make TLOU for the PC but what he really meant to say was that Sony is deciding to make the PC version of a 9yr old game.

My point (and I believe everyone else's) was that Sony decided to port to PC and at the time they decided, there was work done on the game to support the PC.

He and I feel that Sony will still delay a new game like HFW for at least 6 months as to not crowd up new PS releases to the PC. Maybe this might happen in the future but for now Sony is modifying their graphics engine by choosing old titles such that it will support the PC in the future.

We are both good to go on the understanding and I will discuss with a person *first* before modifying their post. That way they can take the necessary action to do so themselves.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

@ethomaz is correct in thinking that Sony decided to make 9yr old games for the PC. He pushed it "took" 9yrs to make TLOU for the PC but what he really meant to say was that Sony is deciding to make the PC version of a 9yr old game.

My point (and I believe everyone else's) was that Sony decided to port to PC and at the time they decided, there was work done on the game to support the PC.

He and I feel that Sony will still delay a new game like HFW for at least 6 months as to not crowd up new PS releases to the PC. Maybe this might happen in the future but for now Sony is modifying their graphics engine by choosing old titles such that it will support the PC in the future.

We are both good to go on the understanding and I will discuss with a person *first* before modifying their post. That way they can take the necessary action to do so themselves.
This is why I am not a mod, I would have just banned everyone, including you.

There Can Be Only One Highlander GIF

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
We did ask people to stop using those terms, we also tried to cover an area that encompassed all platforms.

-Xbox has no games

-The best deal in gaming

-Painting an entire community responsible for doxing/death threats

-PlayStation games become scraps when they go to PC.

-In before the concern/ fake outrage post

-Constant shilling or plugging Game pass

-Disrespect aimed at the moderation team

-Sony's games are all 3D walking simulators.

-Pc Port-begging comments

-False information in regards to technical specs, (i.e PS5 having 9.2 flops of GPU performance)

As you can see from this list, we are not targeting one branch but all branches of gaming.

In the end, we want people to chat and discuss things, these kinds of phrases normally break down the conversation into a feeding frenzy type scenario that derails the thread.

As a website that attracts all types of users, our intention is not to stifle chats but enhance them, I hope you can understand our point. 😍
Welp i can try but it's gonna be hard to not use this, when i click into a Playstation tweet i see lot of messages of people aking for Playstation exclusive to PC, and even in some Steam reviews you see those same. Dunno what those kind of people should be called then haha

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Welp i can try but it's gonna be hard to not use this, when i click into a Playstation tweet i see lot of messages of people aking for Playstation exclusive to PC, and even in some Steam reviews you see those same. Dunno what those kind of people should be called then haha
Yep, I understand your point 100%,
I will say this though, that set of rules we imposed was in regards to a certain section of the forum that would go into threads constantly and only post one of those phrases to try and derail that said thread, thankfully you're not one of those people.

We really don't want to police people's chat at all but we need to make sure the site is fair to everyone, we are a broad church here, and people that use those phrases a lot need to just tone it down a bit, that's it really.

Hope that clears it up and thank you for your understanding 😍

That broad church bit sounds like wormy politician speak FFS.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I will ban your fish in my butt ! ... wait...
But first I will win that screenshot competition. That gow funny pic is there just as a placeholder

the matrix GIF
Bring it DIRTBAG, THAT PRIZE IS MINE.

Once you see my Screenshot, yours will be like my niece's homework in MS PAINT.

(I have zero chance don't i, DAMMIT.)

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: rofif

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Hey, could you give us a couple of examples of this?>

This is what i was saying earlier about stuff being ported to PC, were the overall quality of said product would take a hit.

Yep. I've seen a couple of physics bugs, including a magical chair that was ready to take off. Also saw a couple of rendering issues on levels, with a particular room in the hotel not loading at all. Also, the game has quite a few pop in issues in some areas.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
I just don't think it was worth doing without their being a PC port, but people seem to be buying it so what do I know?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Part 1 does look incredible and is indeed a visual master piece! That said, it's very much the same game as the original release, characters, story, levels, puzzles, gameplay, it's all basically the same and calling it a "new" game feels very wrong to me!
Make it all DLC, implemented as Options toggles for Graphics/AI.
Or combat, give us the choice between 1 and 2's.

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 140

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I am a lover not a fighter, hence my name Siamese loving fish, (not allowed to use that name any more, its probably racist) sigh
Hey, that's a good idea for an article, I'm going to write it and it will be on the Verge or whatever tomorrow!

• haha

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
You really are invested in Tess arn't you lol?

Old Woman Yes GIF
I mean she was really cool and badass. my favorite character from the first game. I loved her as much as Joel and Ellie. I was really hoping for a prequel for the 20 years Joel spent before the first game. Like how he met Tess and what happened with Tommy and all that. If Naughty dog made a prequel I will invest in a high end PC just for her original face mod 😭😹🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • haha

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022

lol why the fuck are you giving in to that bullshit?

He said Sony took 9 years to bring it to PC. They didn't. Not in ANY terms. Time advanced technology, and when they had the idea to make the game for PS5... they ALSO had the idea to make it for PC. He's not saying it took them 9 years to make the game for PS5 is he? No.. he isn't. He's trying to minimize the actual relevance of the PS5 and PC versions of a game being developed at the same time.

So nobody gives a shit what else he's referring to. There's no other understanding needed. He's wrong, full stop.

Let's not get in the habit of compromising with people who can't accept obvious truths.

Status
Not open for further replies.