Dragon's Dogma 2 Review and |OT| "If victory is elusive, seek new allies".

What do you think will be it's metacritic average?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Alright lets get back on track this back and forth just derails. I know both of you want to be right so you both are. Let's leave it at that

PlacidusaX

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Oct 2022
missed a letter. no need to nitpick it. clearly i am talking about previews as reviews aren't possible.
google.com
tom-hiddleston-loki-this-guy.gif

Dogma 1 is similar to elden ring.
No

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I'm gonna go 91

I think it will be incredible, some will complain about difficulty

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
what about difficulty?

yeah, reviews should hit later, like in 5h
From what I've seen its got a bunch of features like no quest markers or fast travel. Some journalists will cry when not having their hand constantly held

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
how it is a good thing? it is wasting time. like about the quests, i kinda agree, but not fast travels, it is straight up negative especially in big open world.

i thought you are talking about difficulty. easy, normal, hard. there is no difficulty in DD2. just one difficulty.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
how it is a good thing? it is wasting time. like about the quests, i kinda agree, but not fast travels, it is straight up negative especially in big open world.

i thought you are talking about difficulty. easy, normal, hard. there is no difficulty in DD2. just one difficulty.
If the game is entertaining it doesn't need fast travel..I barely used it in Elden Ring

Maybe good for a new game plus or something

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
If the game is entertaining it doesn't need fast travel..I barely used it in Elden Ring

Maybe good for a new game plus or something
no, it is a bad design in big open world. it is no two ways about it. first, it wasting time, second, it is just padding the game time.
i don't want to run through the same area 20 times, to fight through the same enemies 20 times just to go from A to B.

that is why fast travel exist, that's why a lot of games design that way, especially semi open world or linear games, those must have great level design to support limited fast travel points.

to have great level design and great fast travel system is a plus for almost all people.
people get frustrated fast if it isn't.

maybe, you are an exception, but most gamers want those and not just reviewers.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Damn i really wanted to post this thread, DD2 is probably the only game i'm looking foward to this year besides Shadow of The Erdtree.

Either way, my vote is with 85/100, seems to be the most logical one. I will be very happy if this scores above 90 but i think it's very unlikely by the leaks floating around and the lack of a gameplay demo.

Reactions: Nimrota

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Damn i really wanted to post this thread, DD2 is probably the only game i'm looking foward to this year besides Shadow of The Erdtree.

Either way, my vote is with 85/100, seems to be the most logical one. I will be very happy if this scores above 90 but i think it's very unlikely by the leaks floating around and the lack of a gameplay demo.
i hope it will be a great game. i like very much these types of games. plus, hidden agenda of mine for SP games, the more successful those are, the more we get those.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I can play these types of games all day! When GOT and Nioh came out you couldn't pry me away.

Reactions: Luffy123

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
This will be my GOTY easily.... I've been waiting since 2013 for this game. Hell, it might eclipse Returnal as my GOTG

Reactions: Gamernyc78

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Preordered on ps5. I don't care for wasting time getting the port to run correctly on pc.
I am coming straight off 30fps mode in rebirth and I am used to 30 again. not that it needed more than 1 evening.
So I m ready for DD2. Shame it's not locked... should feel terrible lol but I will be happy to see for myself.

there is a charm to playing EDF 2017 and game crawling to 7fps when fighting god in coop lol. Same charm to fps dropping when using ton of magic.
Anyway. of course 60 is better but I trust capcom knows what they are doing on console... maybe

Reactions: Gamernyc78