Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Xbox Series S|X. Phil on stage in Japan |UP| Updated rumors.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
And if they lose Square then what?

Stop acting like Sony is broke. They can make big moves if they wanted.
And if they can't make big move then they already lost and won't be able to compete come next gen. PlayStation ain't no Nintendo, they can't carry any platform by themselves without their main partners.

PlayStation has already lost Bethesda, Activision and Blizzard in the first 3 years of this gen. 5 more to go before 2028.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
And some of you are brand loyalists and Jim Ryan truthers that can't see the writing on the wall.

I do wonder if you guys were around the PS3 days and if you look forward to a console market where MS dictates the rules.

I was around for the PS1 launch.

What happened during the PS3 days?

Microsoft moneyhatted and financed JRPGs including from SE.

All failed and SE returned to Playstation.

The PS3 still outsold the 360.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

It is a circle.
They never learn.

Because MS and Xbox do everything except to build their brand releasing good games.

And that didn’t work for 22 years and counting…

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
You up in here stirring a pot full of bullshit. I dont know why you so emotional over a 3rd party pub putting their games on other platforms.
And you top it off with blaming Sony for a choice SE made, what you want Sony to do about that?

Some of ya that want to be console war victims are really just bots in disguise cause its the only way you can survive on this site.

To me is just remnants of the Sony fan mentality of old from the 5th and 6th gen, where according to fans third parties, specially japanese, should somehow "pledge allegiance" to the platform...

I remember when DMC4 and FFXIII were announced for the 360... pretty pathetic display from PS fanboys. In their minds Sony basically "built" franchises like those and Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Silent Hill...

I really don't understand it. Its not like you are losing games, at the very least you got to play them a long time ago.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Lol I'd love for MS to buy SE just to see the meltdowns from the weebs who think Square enix actually makes anything worthwhile in 2023. Their best selling work in years has been a DMC/Game of Thrones hybrid.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
this is just microsoft trying to chip away at sonys dominance in the market by going after their closest parters (atlus, kojima, square) the same way sony chipped away at the gamepass mindshare with ps plus revamp.

Sony are obviously cooking, jim ryan said it himself in the email. If people think the next playstation showcase won’t have the other side dooming again then you need to go catch a breath.

Pendulum is always swinging, but sonys marketshare as we’ve seen from this week means that Microsoft needs to try 10x’s harder when they make moves and thats what we’re seeing. The next time sony announce a partnership the internet is gonna break again

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
“And one more thing, as CEO of Square Enix, we want to continue to deliver fabulous games to fans across the world, and of course we want to welcome the Xbox community as well, and starting with today’s announcement of Final Fantasy XIV coming in spring 2024, and whenever possible, we are planning to bring our games to Xbox for players around the world to enjoy. We’re really looking forward to working closely with Phil and the Xbox team to make this possible.”

Spencer then added, “Thank you, Kiryu-san. We deeply respect the rich legacy of Square Enix, and we look forward to building on the relationship that we’ve established in bringing Final Fantasy XIV to Xbox, and partnering closely with you and the Square Enix team on future games.”

Yoshida closed, “I am extremely thankful and we are committed to working with Xbox going forward.”

This SquareEnix thing is going to end up just like Sega

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

This SquareEnix thing is going to end up just like Sega

Aka they will get a bunch of marketing and gamepass deals for their AA games but no actual exclusives

Looking forward to the Valkyrie Elysium port this fall

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
a DMC/Game of Thrones hybrid.
That sounds like a great game, probably because it is, I would also add God of War to it.

What happened is that if it wasn't for MS losing focus with Kinect Sony would have had a much harder time to recover and possibility would've never been able to do so. All it takes is one misfire for PlayStation to be fighting an existential uphill battle. An you would be very naive to think that if Sony had a much smaller market share they would be willing to invest as much game as they do on their AAA single player exclusives.

It's all fine, Bethesda + Blizzard + Activision + a bunch of other studios ain't nothing. Sega and Capcom games releasing day one on Gamepass? Also nothing. Next "Persona" on Xbox? Atlus sucks bro. No portable presence? You see, that's actually a good thing, we should thank Sony for that.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic and Entropi

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It is becoming a cyrcle already :D

- Xbox bots hates FF is not on Xbox
- Paycheck to bring one FF to Xbox.
- Xbots don't buy FF.
- Square dont release next FF on Xbox.
- Xbots don't buy FF.
- Square dont release next FF on Xbox.
- Xbots don't buy FF.
that's exactly what "whenever possible" means.
They will only port the games MS pays them for.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Some people are so delighted this is coming to Xbox. I can’t relate with this breed of gamer. If you want to play a game so bad, play it on whatever platform its on.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sega was always close to Xbox, the first Dreamcast had Microsoft support on its development, the Xbox is seen as a spiritual successor do the Dreamcast, so, yeah.
Atlus was always close to Sony until they were not. Yakuza was associated with PlayStation not that long ago.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters