Final Fantasy XVI [OT] Clean Out Your PSClive Boys, We're Going Boss Hunting

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The userbase difference is not that big... it is like 15m max.
PS5 is over 40 million already.
Plus XB1 sold like less than 500k of initial 5 million FFXV shipments.

Trying to use FUD to fight FUD is not a good way imo.

Oh, i didn't realize it was 38.4 shipped in march. I guess that means like 43-44m shipped by end of june, so yeah sell through should be above 40m, probably 42m+
He did the calculations with 40 millions. Is it going to change that much whether it's 41 or 42?

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
Just saw a total fucking moron on Twitter say the game lacks RPG elements, and in the same tweet mention they have 8000 ability points saved up and don't want to use it because they "see no reason to."

This is the base level of intelligence the "not a REAL Final Fantasy" people boast.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
He is still using install base from a console where FFXV barely sold.

Why not use only PS4 install base and ~4.5m FFXV shipment?
Because it was still available for that size of install base. Just because it barely sold, it doesn't mean you have to ignore it. It's moronic and highly inaccurate.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Because it was still available for that size of install base. Just because it barely sold, it doesn't mean you have to ignore it. It's moronic and highly inaccurate.
It will just make the FFXVI PS5 attach rate better that is innacurate 🤷‍♂️

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Holly shit. In what world we live in that people think a game which sold 3mil copies first week concerning?

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Post bahamut game takes a nosedive. It’s def been a mind numbing slog .

I gotta admit the closer to the end I get the more I think this is … mid.

Ragnarok mops the floor with this.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Just finished

The best FF I've ever played IMO. Incredible from start to finish, I was so attached to every character, every moment. The narrative took me back to when I was a kid with Final Fantasies where it managed to hook deep into a part of me that will stay with me for years. Except I am older now, with a much more critical eye for story so that it has done this is high praise

My only critique of the story would be
Ultima was a bit flat as the big bad. The eikons all felt like stronger more layered antagonists who were interesting, wreaked havoc directly on Clive and the world. Barnabas would have been the better main villain. There's a good rule of show don't tell that was failed here, we were told Ultima was pulling the strings but we never saw the curtain pulled back to really see that in effect. And when it was hunted, Ultima just felt like a distant concept.

Nothing in Ultimas machinations were what was grieving the cast through most of the story

Only the recent God of Wars, RDR2 and TLOU1 and 2 have really done it for me in this way. FFXVI is in that mix

Clive also stands strong as my favourite FF main character.

I really need an FFXVI-2 I think there is a lot they could continue to do in this world. I'm normally against direct sequels in the FF world but this is one I need. It seems like the door is open and we really only saw two continents of the world. Gameplay wise I think there is a lot they could evolve further

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I actually like Ultima. He’s a bit generic super evil but eh it works.

Especially visually. Reminds me of Palpatine meets Borg.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I actually like Ultima. He’s a bit generic super evil but eh it works.

Especially visually. Reminds me of Palpatine meets Borg.
He looks great. The voice acting and the character design Is so cool

Reactions: Box

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
This is easily one of the best soundtracks in gaming I've heard in a long time.

Ff7 still occupies my top spot for the best gaming sound track, ff16 is gonna take second.

Reactions: Box

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Store-wise after get more deep in the game is inferior to FFVI (maybe Square will never top that one).
But I think it is better than FFVII… well story wise… characters and villain are better in FFVII.

The exception in character is probably Cid… he is pretty good but I always have the feeling he should be ported more older physically like well Joel (TLOU)… the way he acts and talks feels like somebody that lived a lot but he look younger than even Clive.

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Anecdotal but turning off motion blur seems to improve framerate performance. Helped breathe new life into the game with everything just being cleaner to look at all. Lostwing village is problematic so not a bad testing area.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I'm about 10-ish hours in and they weren't kidding when they said they'll make the game more accessible to casual audiences. The combat just isn't too engaging. Even the Eikon fight seem more like QTEs than anything else.

I gave FF VII remake crap for its combat system but I felt more engaged playing that than I do this. The only thing that keeps me going is the story.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm about 10-ish hours in and they weren't kidding when they said they'll make the game more accessible to casual audiences. The combat just isn't too engaging. Even the Eikon fight seem more like QTEs than anything else.

I gave FF VII remake crap for its combat system but I felt more engaged playing that than I do this. The only thing that keeps me going is the story.
Yeah the combat is very easy for much of the game. Really the only challenging content is a couple of the S rank hunts. That said I didn't feel like it was any less challenging than other Final Fantasy games.