Fully playable Wolverine PC build circulating 😬😥😥 PhD plus DMCA notices to ppl who downloaded.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
@Yurinka you realize all the numbers you're talking money-wise are revenue, right? So you take out 30% and those are the profits, but then you have to remove the cost of the ports and then you get the net profits.

So for say Spiderman, that isn't $52 million profit...it's potentially $6.4 million profit. Remember, any port over $30 million requires additional approval. So I'm just assuming the Spiderman port was under $30 million or just about $30 million. "Free money", right? And TLOU Remake? That's likely in the red on PC since the revenue was only $15.5 million.

But, again...it's "free money", right? Right?
Yes, I know these $250M or $450M is Sony revenue (so the money they receive from Valve after they get their 30%, refunds etc) and you have to remove what the ports did cost them to know their profit.

We know that -if the related supposedly leaked image isn't fake- there's one with the costs of some of these ports and did cost them around couple millions each.

Meaning, these $52M in around 7 months from Spider-Man means around $50M profit, not $6M. Or the around $114M in revenue of Horizon would be around $112M in profit.

Yes, it's free money. We also saw in one of these supposedly leaked images the Spider-Man Remastered cost (of the project, not of the port) and was $30M. So in around 7 months the PC port paid the costs of the port, of the remaster and on top of that generated revenue.

Apparently anyone who has been playing it has been getting hit with DMCA and potentially more.

Nice

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I really don't understand the Sony fan base or at least portions of it. Always complaining, even when it's the leading console and 2024 will be a great year.

Now you get several shows worth of leaks with big games on a roadmap playable build of an upcoming first party release and all I am seeing here are folks whining. WTF!

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
There is also the cost of having to have all their studios now capable of producing and supporting PC versions, the cost of PlayStation games no longer being exclusive to PS, the cost of exposing their games to piracy, the cost of empowering you direct competitor and so much more.
"There's no losing in this transaction" - Shawn Layden

"I think the more, the better" - Jim Ryan

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
So in theory spiderman 2 could have ran at 8k 120 FPS of it wasn't developed with PC in mind? That is going to be the new narrative because I remember folks using spiderman 2 as a champion of console only development.

The benefits of pixie dust based optimization you know.

I wonder why those never hit Nintendo, wasn't Xenoblade 2 like 360p at the lowest?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I really don't understand the Sony fan base or at least portions of it. Always complaining, even when it's the leading console and 2024 will be a great year.

Now you get several shows worth of leaks with big games on a roadmap playable build of an upcoming first party release and all I am seeing here are folks whining. WTF!
Would it kill you to be a tiny bit smarter?

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Someone else already posted that in here

Dont need to make a new thread for this

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
spider man 2 has online coming. The code for it has been found.
This entire thing sucks for Insomniac and Sony. They definitely had many little surprises in-stored for fans.

All these things we learnt recently would have been pretty neat announcements.

I'm def still salty X-Men universe announcement was ruined since it's the one Marvel IP I was hoping they'd lockdown.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Aceman

Banned
11 Dec 2023
Most third parties release their games day one on pc and not years later . Its different if you are going to release both versions at the same time.
That's simply not true. Development simply does not start all over again for a PC version right after a game releases on a console. It's way inefficient and a huge waste of time and money.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
This entire thing sucks for Insomniac and Sony. They definitely had many little surprises in-stored for fans.

All these things we learnt recently would have been pretty neat announcements.

I'm def still salty X-Men universe announcement was ruined since it's the one Marvel IP I was hoping they'd lockdown.
So they haven’t locked down xmen?