Ghost of Tsushima PC Directors Cut confirmed up on Steam, releases May 16. Rumor: Part 2 to be announced around May/June at a PS Showcase

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
This is some dystopian level stuff. Fucking hell imagine championing for screwing over consumers for the sake of an argument to use in a platform war on some forum.

Seriously, some of these responses are ridiculous. Fucking hell, it feels like some of you would jump off a bridge if your favorite company asked for it. Seriously, this is some xbox levels of cultism.

You can be against PC release but calling for a worse experience for a paying customer just because it's on a platform you don't use and you like "sticking it to them" is really messed up.

Fuck pirating but these are people who pay we're talking about here. Xbox DRM is also fine then right?

Come on, man. Be better than the xbox cultists.
Lighten up. I was joking.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
lmao you are off your rocker for this

One botched implementation, by that logic DirectX also kills performance as we also have botched implementations of it.

Lighten up. I was joking.
Don't mess with a man's cracked games. All that money going into hardware having to be spent on software is very offputing.

I too would find it palatable to buy an RTX 4090 if all my games were free.

Reactions: Umar

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Fuck pirating but these are people who pay we're talking about here. Xbox DRM is also fine then right?
Why is PlayStation and Steam DRM fine but Denuvo is bad?

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You can say that is the case all you want it doesn't make it true. In principle you love DRM, so you must have loved Xbox's DRM system. Get the kinect camera out to ensure the only people playing game licences are the original buyer, no piracy or sharing allowed!
You can't even face reality that Denuvo isn't always on DRM.

PC players love Diablo and it has had always on DRM since Diablo 3.

Also, do you think I care about Xbox? Fuck Xbox. I hated it since the 360 days before it became cool to do so.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023

Playstation is a unified platform and performance can be targeted easier due to optimisation. With PC configurations varying things like Denuvo can have a varying impact on performance.
You can't even face reality that Denuvo isn't always on DRM.

PC players love Diablo and it has had always on DRM since Diablo 3.

Also, do you think I care about Xbox? Fuck Xbox. I hated it since the 360 days before it became cool to do so.
Except the Diablo 3 launch was a massive disaster due to the always online DRM system. I had friends who tried to play it on PC at launch - it didn't work. Take that paying customers, that's what you get for uh paying for the game.

It doesn't matter if Denuvo isn't always on, you in agree that DRM is good, and as such you agree Xbox's DRM was good because it would have prevented unlicensed users from STEALING games. Remember when people would take the DLC disc of Oblivion and give it to a friend to install it on their console as well? Good thing Xbox was promoting restrictions to users who wanted to STEAL games without a licence. Since you are a big proponent of that I imagine you must have been thrilled.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven

Who said that? And what DRM does PS have? Most of PS games are completely playable offline, even without Day one patches. Xbox, on the other hand, has serious DRM issues, even with the recent fixes that allow games to be played offline.

It's not all black and white like that. I don't play on PC much and I spend most of my time playing on PS5. Or PS consoles in general. Here I am, buying all of my stuff, no matter what the platform. If I can't find it here, I import. Costs a shitload of money too. I refuse to pirate stuff I have access to for a price.

But that doesn't mean I like paying customers getting shafted, regardless of platform. Because I am a paying customer myself.

Companies include DRM. Paying customers have to jump through hoops to get the games they paid for work.

Hackers crack DRM in a few days and pirates just continue doing what they've been doing. Meanwhile, the person who paid is still struggling.

If they come up with a DRM system that doesn't screw over people who pay in ANY way, I'll co-sign that stuff right away. As long as it only hurts people who are not willing to pay for a product. But DRM has always been a mixed bag.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Still think the reveal for GoT 2 should've came first or at least closer to the port announcement, even if it meant the port getting a release a few months later. That would've been the optimal way to it.

But it does seem this person is 100% about their stuff, similar to that person who did the Discord leak for Xbox future plans. I'd trust these people magnitudes more than the drama queens like Nick or whoever because they aren't doing this to clout chase or make money, given very low or non-existent follower counts as an example.

Guess this also confirms a May or June Showcase, but Sony need to make sure they it's a damn good showing. If a pattern is being set for ports to PC they don't want would-be console owners to think they can just wait a year or two for a better PC port (not to mention, that also removes a lot of need to them for a PS5 Pro), and they don't want to make the window so short that PC players with a console feel no need to buy the game on console Day 1.

That's why the 1-2 year window will always remain suspect and a growing negative for future software releases unless the window is increased.
This is the only way it makes sense. I said it few days ago as well. These kinda releases doesn't benefit the game nor Sony. But everyone at playstation has worms for Brains these days

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024

Steam DRM doesn't stop mods

Denuvo doesn't always stop them, but makes them way more difficult.

Fuck Denuvo. All my non-pirate homies hate Denuvo.

Also, this:
You familiar with StarForce and Tages? Guess what happened to legit copies of games that had it once the servers went offline.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Who said that? And what DRM does PS have? Most of PS games are completely playable offline, even without Day one patches. Xbox, on the other hand, has serious DRM issues, even with the recent fixes that allow games to be played offline.

It's not all black and white like that. I don't play on PC much and I spend most of my time playing on PS5. Or PS consoles in general. Here I am, buying all of my stuff, no matter what the platform. If I can't find it here, I import. Costs a shitload of money too. I refuse to pirate stuff I have access to for a price.

But that doesn't mean I like paying customers getting shafted, regardless of platform. Because I am a paying customer myself.

Companies include DRM. Paying customers have to jump through hoops to get the games they paid for work.

Hackers crack DRM in a few days and pirates just continue doing what they've been doing. Meanwhile, the person who paid is still struggling.

If they come up with a DRM system that doesn't screw over people who pay in ANY way, I'll co-sign that stuff right away. As long as it only hurts people who are not willing to pay for a product. But DRM has always been a mixed bag.
If you don't think PS5 has DRM you don't know what DRM is.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You familiar with StarForce and Tages? Guess what happened to legit copies of games that had it once the servers went offline.
These days Denuvo requires devs to keep paying, so it gets removed over time. Try another angle.

What do you think happens to all your Steam games if Steam goes away?

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
These days Denuvo requires devs to keep paying, so it gets removed over time. Try another angle.

What do you think happens to all your Steam games if Steam goes away?
So the (core) customers who pay more at launch get worse performance to those who buy it on sales, years later? That's meant to be a positive for DRM?

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
it's been 4 pages since a post relevant to the videogame Ghost of Tsushima was mentioned, and they say I derail threads.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
So the (core) customers who pay more at launch get worse performance to those who buy it on sales, years later? That's meant to be a positive for DRM?
Why do you ignore all the games with Denuvo that run flawlessly?
it's been 4 pages since a post relevant to the videogame Ghost of Tsushima was mentioned, and they say I derail threads.
normal discussions =/= your corny portbegging trolling

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
To get back on topic I'm actually excited for this. I've been wanting to replay the game in Kurosawa mode (turned it on/off at points when playing on PS5) and the widescreen support means it will be great 21:9. Granblue Relink had widescreen issues at launch, so it's always nice to see companies pay attention to these pc features. SEGA does really well on this front with Like a Dragon, everything just works flawlessly.

• party
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Just hope the next port is a japanese game. I don't like any of the ones being mentioned (Ragnarok, Last of us 2, spiderman 2?

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
that you're wrong? 😂 Denuvo only harms pirates, no one else
You guys have a very delusional view of things and keep talking as if what you're saying has any weight behind it. None of what you just said is correct. Pirates aren't going to buy the game because they can't access it, they'll just wait. They do remove Denuvo after time, so they'll play it then. Until that point, the only people you're subjecting to DRM are paying customers.