Ghost of Tsushima PC Directors Cut confirmed up on Steam, releases May 16. Rumor: Part 2 to be announced around May/June at a PS Showcase

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Denuvo doesn't stop pirates, it just punishes legit buyers.
Yes it does, the last properly cracked Denuvo games is from 2023-07-15. I don't think there is anyone actively cracking Denuvo games at this point and all the bullshit of it affecting performance is nothing but FUD.

Jedi Survivor for example is still uncracked, released in 2023-04-28.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
How to detect a pirate:
- Plays on PC
- Is anti-Denuvo
- Doesn't mind all the other DRMs that don't work
- Loved Nintendo until they crack down on Yuzu
- Spread unsubstantiated FUD that DRM kills game performance (but will "buy" and play all sort of botched ports)

Suspicious GIF

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Denuvo doesn't stop pirates, it just punishes legit buyers.
Persona 3 Reload and Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth both have Denuvo, both still haven't been cracked, and both run great on PC 🤷‍♂️
How to detect a pirate:
- Plays on PC
- Is anti-Denuvo
- Spread unsubstantiated FUD that DRM kills game performance

Suspicious GIF
I think these guys lie to themselves so much that they've started to believe it 😂

feynoob

1 Jun 2023
Spiderman, god of war, and hzd. That is what I have on steam now.
Basically most of the exclusive games I bought on PS are coming to steam.
My remaining purchases were Ghost of tsushima, miles morales and tlou(not the remake sadly), HFW and uncharted collection which all come to pc as of now.

Only remaing is GT series, bloodborne.

I wonder if I am going to buy another exclusive on PS5, if Sony keeps porting them to steam. Might as well put my invesment to steam versions.

Outside of switch, I dont know If I will purchase the next gen consoles. I didnt buy Xbox this gen, since their games are day1 on steam and Xcloud (Gamepass) which I can play it on my xbox one s.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
So then the issue is: you've got a high quality, release-able product on day one. Do you sit on it for 5-6 years while it drops in value just to appease people on message boards? Of course you don't.
They sit on it for a few years to make sure there's still a reason to own a PS5 and be in the PS5 ecosystem. Appeasing message board shitposters is a bonus.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Spiderman, god of war, and hzd. That is what I have on steam now.
Basically most of the exclusive games I bought on PS are coming to steam.
My remaining purchases were Ghost of tsushima, miles morales and tlou(not the remake sadly), HFW and uncharted collection which all come to pc as of now.

Only remaing is GT series, bloodborne.

I wonder if I am going to buy another exclusive on PS5, if Sony keeps porting them to steam. Might as well put my invesment to steam versions.

Outside of switch, I dont know If I will purchase the next gen consoles. I didnt buy Xbox this gen, since their games are day1 on steam and Xcloud (Gamepass) which I can play it on my xbox one s.
I'll only ever go full PC once physical games stop being made, until then, I'll always have a PS console even if 1st party games are day/date with PC.

feynoob

1 Jun 2023
These current guys don't know anything about PlayStation or what got them to this point. They are turning PlayStation into Xbox 2.0.
Money and stocks are what matters at this point.
These guys want positive stock uptick and getting more money. Plus Sony lost too much money and resources cancelling these live service games.

Sadly I agree with them. You need money to continue to operate. You cant sink 200m+ expecting 10+m sales. Sooner or later, one of these games would not sell that much. You also have to consider the lengthy production period, which is amost 60% of console lifetime.

Also losing stocks is bad in this current time. You need investors, and to keep them happy is to have +++ on your stocks.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
How to detect a pirate:
- Plays on PC
- Is anti-Denuvo
- Spread unsubstantiated FUD that DRM kills game performance (but will "buy" and play all sort of botched ports)

Suspicious GIF
You must have been a big supporter of Xbox's DRM system then.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Sounds great. Hopefully more publishers use it.
This is some dystopian level stuff. Fucking hell imagine championing for screwing over consumers for the sake of an argument to use in a platform war on some forum.

Seriously, some of these responses are ridiculous. Fucking hell, it feels like some of you would jump off a bridge if your favorite company asked for it. Seriously, this is some xbox levels of cultism.

You can be against PC release but calling for a worse experience for a paying customer just because it's on a platform you don't use and you like "sticking it to them" is really messed up.

Fuck pirating but these are people who pay we're talking about here. Xbox DRM is also fine then right?

Come on, man. Be better than the xbox cultists.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You must have been a big supporter of Xbox's DRM system then.
Denuvo isn't always on, all consoles have DRM. On principle there is nothing diferent between current PlayStation and Xbox DRM and Denuvo.

People only get mad at Denuvo on PC because it isn't easy to crack, it's simple as that.

feynoob

1 Jun 2023
I'll only ever go full PC once physical games stop being made, until then, I'll always have a PS console even if 1st party games are day/date with PC.
The only reason I buy my games there is due to cheap codes or sales. I dont trust physical copies since I have alot of siblings with me.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
How to detect a pirate:
- Plays on PC
- Is anti-Denuvo

Suspicious GIF
lmao you are off your rocker for this

I buy all my PC games on Steam. Piracy on PC is way too inconvenient. Denuvo needs to die in a fire.

Last edited:

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Denuvo isn't always on, all consoles have DRM. On principle there is nothing diferent between current PlayStation and Xbox DRM and Denuvo.

People only get mad at Denuvo on PC because it isn't easy to crack, it's simple as that.
You can say that is the case all you want it doesn't make it true. In principle you love DRM, so you must have loved Xbox's DRM system. Get the kinect camera out to ensure the only people playing game licences are the original buyer, no piracy or sharing allowed!