Ghost of Yotei Announced | State of Play | 2025

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
?

Maybe some spoiler here.

Jin kills his uncle in canon ending.
There is no more samurai hunt after because well you killed the boss that ordered the hunt... the castle is closed after uncle dies.

The 2nd Monghol invasion could be used as a new game but it should not be Jin anymore because he didn't have any purpose to even fight in that invasion at all.
But I believe it was choose another period and location... one 300 years ahead because it add way more to game mechanics than a second Monghol invasion.

Jin story ended in Gosth of Tsushima... even the theories about the 2nd Monghol invasion questioned who will be the protagonist.
He became a criminal and is wanted for the murder of his uncle, so he actually became a fugitive.
The story could have continued if they really wanted, but we got closure enough.

Reactions: ethomaz

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I’m not “against” it. I just think it feels forced. The thing about Samurai is that they weren’t female. None of them. So it very much feels like a “modern gamer” decision.

I have no problem with good female protagonists when they fit in the world and story being told. They don’t fit in a story about Samurai.
That's just not true

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That's just not true
That makes the period choose even more interesting....

In Edo period most Samurai not longer battled but instead become burocratics.
Same for Onna-musha that become more a support for their husbands to reach the high levels of the power.

We will have a Onna-musha going against it role and become a Ghost still battling at war.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Interested George Clooney GIF

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
can you show the line, where it says, those were Samurai?
Onna-musha doesn't mean women bushi? That basically is "women samurai"?
Having different words (kanji) for women and male are normal in Japan (and others countries).

Onna Bugeisha is what you call a woman focused in martial arts not from a samurai lineage that defend her houses?

Last edited:
Reactions: anonpuffs

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Please Sucker Punch drop some actual gameplay soon... This discourse will be unbearing for months on end

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Onna-musha (that is a easy form derived from onna busha) doesn't mean women bushi? That basically is "women samurai"?
Having different words (kanji) for women and male are normal in Japan (and others countries).
i don't need no assumptions. that is not Basically a samurai. Samurai is samurai. those words are specific. but keep reading, maybe you find it, what actually it means without assumptions.

Onna-musha is not a samurai.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
i don't need no assumptions. that is not Basically a samurai. Samurai is samurai. those words are specific. but keep reading, maybe you find it, what actually it means without assumptions.

Onna-musha is not a samurai.
You can't understand what I said.

Samurai and Onna-musha comes from the same place... it is basically the same to refer to male or woman position.

Maybe this can clean up things to you:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Gaming discourse these days so tiring and repetitive. I can't believe everyone wanted Ghosts 2 to be announced and this is how we're reacting. Not even able to give Sucker Punch a studio that's never disappointed, the grace to prove y'all assumptions and overblown paranoia wrong 🤡
You guys are so embarrassing man. So many great things and possibilities to talk about but yes let’s fixate on the protagonist being a female.

Who cares, truthfully. It’s a video game.

The internet was begging Sony to show the next big AAA SP game for years and when they finally do the cycle of negativity continues. Miserable people.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Danja

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
it isn't.
BTW this cleared up the things to me.

Unlike in other medieval societies, becoming a supreme warrior in premodern Japan was not solely reliant on being born male. Instead, your ability to become a supreme warrior was more down to social class, expertise in combat, strategy prowess and indomitable spirit.

On some rare occasions, when there were no clear male heirs, females would be trained like a male born into a samurai family would. Women being trained as samurai became less and less common as the feudal period progressed. However, women becoming samurai warriors were not completely unheard of.

The sites lists Tomoe Gozen, Nakano Takeko, Hōjō Masako, Yodo-Dono and Hangaku Gozen as famous examples Samurai that are woman.

It explain better my issue with Onna-Musha... it is basically female warrior that entered in war but was not part of a Samurai lineage.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This is just a woke rewriting of history. In Japan, females were submiss and would do whatever men wanted, no way they were Samurai 😂. It's like that trash Assassin's Woke Shadows bullshit, having a black dude as a samurai when they were more like carrier mules for other people.
You can make these shit up here... please.

BTW nothing what is white in the site go agaisnt most of females being submits or whatever.
But if you are a woman from a samurai lineage, trained to be a samurai, fighting war as a samurai., receiving titles of samurai.. you are a samurai.

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Okay, I had to temporarily lock and clean up the thread in order to stop the childish infighting.

Any more trolling, politics, culture wars or personal attacks and the person posting that gets a timeout, irrespective of which "side" you're on. Assholes are all the same to me.

That shit stops now.