cat-please.gif

• thinking_hard
Reactions: BloodMod

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

Tassi did a little bit on it.

Try not to get too political or aggressive please.

You bastard. You got me to read Paul Tassi. May Cliff Barnes swindle you. 😂

The period needed to change as weapon wise there is no new bag of toys for the Ghost to play with. The Jin sequel would be the same game with a different story and the same location. It would be unlikely for Jin to leave Tsushima for the mainland if he is their protector. The Mongols return or the Shogun are the only options to fight.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
?

Maybe some spoiler here.

Jin sparing his uncle in the canon ending that is implied in the game the Uncle is forced to commit suicide.
There is no more samurai hunt after because the boss that ordered the hunt died... the castle is closed.

The 2nd Monghol invasion could be used as a new game but it should not be Jin anymore because he didn't have any purpose to even fight in that invasion at all.
But I believe it was choose another period and location... one 300 years ahead because it add way more to game mechanics than a second Monghol invasion.

Jin story ended in Gosth of Tsushima... even the theories about the 2nd Monghol invasion questioned who will be the protagonist.

Edit - Fixed the canon ending.

I dunno. Jin would fight because his country is getting invaded by a larger force
And the samurai and clan won’t just drop a ronin running around lol.

Yeah I understand another time period, makes sense. Over Sengoku and post is a better time period for Japan. But Im left flat after all this anyway

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
can you show the line, where it says, those were Samurai?
@All Might

All highborn women were samurai. Samurai was a social class. They were all trained in the use of weapons and some even fought in battles, wearing full armor. This was recorded in Japanese history. Kamakura shogunate was an especially important time for women, as they were equal to men and could inherit land over male descendants.

Bushi would be the warrior class withing the samurai social structure and some women were that.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
You bastard. You got me to read Paul Tassi. May Cliff Barnes swindle you. 😂

The period needed to change as weapon wise there is no new bag of toys for the Ghost to play with. The Jin sequel would be the same game with a different story and the same location. It would be unlikely for Jin to leave Tsushima for the mainland if he is their protector. The Mongols return or the Shogun are the only options to fight.
True, it's an element people are really overlooking. People need to be surprised and kept on their toes... The jump forward in eras, allows them to bring in a lot of different elements and even building styles to allow new stealth methods etc.

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
I’m not “against” it. I just think it feels forced. The thing about Samurai is that they weren’t female. None of them. So it very much feels like a “modern gamer” decision.

I have no problem with good female protagonists when they fit in the world and story being told. They don’t fit in a story about Samurai.
Uh, does she look like a samurai? She is dressed in the games traveler outfit. Brandishing katanas doesn't make you a samurai.

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
During the time the game takes place, only samurai were allowed to wear a katana. Everyone else was forbidden to do so. Or any other weapon, for that matter.
But the ronin in the trailer tells Atsu that yotei is the edge of Japan, that people come to disappear. Wich means Yotei doesn't follow the laws of Japan and she can carry katanas

Reactions: EDMIX and Bo_Hazem

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
But the ronin in the trailer tells Atsu that yotei is the edge of Japan, that people come to disappear. Wich means Yotei doesn't follow the laws of Japan and she can carry katanas
True. I'm just saying that the ban on weapons was a part of history. I dislike shoehorning DEI crap in every game as much as anyone else, but I'll reserve my judgment until the game comes out.

• haha
Reactions: EDMIX and Bo_Hazem

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
They spent all that time and effort creating Jin and his Ghost attire, it doesn’t really make sense to go this way.

Being stuck with origin stories that have no time to develop the main character just sounds like a stupid idea but I guess this is what the marketing people thought would hit.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
True. I'm just saying that the ban on weapons was a part of history. I dislike shoehorning DEI crap in every game as much as anyone else, but I'll reserve my judgment until the game comes out.
I agree. I honestly would have been upset of she was in full gold plated armour, like yasuke in ac, but she is probably a bandit like everyone else in Yotei. Yuna was using a katana in ghost 1 and she was a thief. Didn't see a problem with it.

• haha
Reactions: EDMIX

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
During the time the game takes place, only samurai were allowed to wear a katana. Everyone else was forbidden to do so. Or any other weapon, for that matter.
I mean, yes they were banned, but we'd be fools to think that regular people out there didn't have them and even flaunted them occasionally. Just think of all the illegal stuff people do today in public in the US where the the level of monitoring and surveillance technology is many magnitudes greater than in Feudal Japan. All that to say, not it's not too farfetched to think that there were probably drifter nomads and mercenaries during that time who ignored the rules around katanas.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I mean, yes they were banned, but we'd be fools to believe that regular people out there probably still had them and even flaunted them occasionally. Just think of all the illegal stuff people do today in public in the US where the level of surveillance and monitoring is magnitudes greater than in Feudal Japan. All that to say, not it's not too farfetched to think that there could have been drifter nomads during that time who ignored the rules around katanas.
Bandits existed, yes. Most would be using cheap weapons. Even farmers sometimes had weapons hidden, though most of those were modified farming tools. But only samurai were allowed to openly carry arms.

And it wasn't always like that. When Toyotomi Hideyoshi took over Japan, he banned commoners from wearing any weapons and made it mandatory for samurai to do so. It was a means of control, to stop the common folk from uprising. Again, people sometimes still hid weapons and even disguised them as farm tools.

Before Hideyoshi took charge, everyone who could afford weapons was allowed to carry them. Much like Europe in the Middle Ages.

And then swords were outright banned for everyone during the Meiji Restoration. At that time Japan was getting modernized and westernized so they wanted to prevent people from killing foreigners in the streets, as there was a lot of hostility towards them.