Ghost of Yotei Announced | State of Play | 2025

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Worked for Final Fantasy...
Final Fantasy has a different story each time.

Apart from some cameos names they have nothing to do with each other or a reaccuring theme.

Ghost of osaka with another new character with the same origin story... gonna be interesting how they deal with it everytime

Stonehorn81

20 Sep 2024
17.5% of the US military is female. The vast majority are likely tougher than you.

That you think gaming should reflect real life when we're talking about characters who are by their own definition unrealistic is hilarious to me.
Sorry, but combat vet here. None of those 17.5% serve in combat, and on top of that, no woman has ever completed special forces qualification.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Final Fantasy has a different story each time.

Apart from some cameos names they have nothing to do with each other or a reaccuring theme.

Ghost of osaka with another new character with the same origin story... gonna be interesting how they deal with it everytime

Going to be interesting to see how they deal with hundreds of years of Japanese history at their fingertips?

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Well I was hoping for a ghost of sekigahara, A lone surviving retainer of a losing daimyo, i.e. A ronin, in the quest for revenge against Tokugawa and his shogunate ultimately failing and having a hero's death fighting against a horde of tokugawa retainers amongst falling plum/cherry blossoms.

Now that is absolute cinema and really channels the concept of wabi sabi

Stonehorn81

20 Sep 2024
hell nah, sony is held to such a standard that even combat vets are agaisnt it
I’m not “against” it. I just think it feels forced. The thing about Samurai is that they weren’t female. None of them. So it very much feels like a “modern gamer” decision.

I have no problem with good female protagonists when they fit in the world and story being told. They don’t fit in a story about Samurai.

• they're_right_you_know

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I'm thinking the next game after GoT will likely be the final game and set around the end of the samurai. I think the Ghost series will be a trilogy and done. Sucker Punch will likely move on with a new IP.

Reactions: Luffy123

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
I’m not “against” it. I just think it feels forced. The thing about Samurai is that they weren’t female. None of them. So it very much feels like a “modern gamer” decision.

I have no problem with good female protagonists when they fit in the world and story being told. They don’t fit in a story about Samurai.

i think its too soon to go throwing around that she doesnt fit the world, its not like she is going to go around punching and kicking dudes with her bare hands, the trailer show her using weapons, you can be trained, sharp weapons can cut dudes down even if its a girl using it, same goes for the gun...

if anything feels like "modern gamer" is the unwillingness to wait and see, and understand that stories can be told even if they arent 100% realistic

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Lol gonna be interesting seeing PS fans who shat on Concord because its “woke” support this now.
Actress seems like loon btw

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Please, no learning from Elden Ring.
Thank GIF

All highborn female were samurai. Samurai was a social class. And all of them were trained in combat, using a naginata. And some even fought in battles, wearing full armor. During a certain point in Japan's history, during the Kamakura shogunate, women were treated as equal to men, meaning they would inherit their family name/clan.

Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed they're leaving Jin behind. The first one ended with a cliffhanger and the canon ending is Shimura being alive, so I was interested in seeing how their story wraps up. Sad to see it left in the air.

But if they're going for a new protagonist, at least it's not the same time period. I think the whole Ghost legend thing will work well here.

So I went and looked at the trailer on youtube. And to my surprise, it has a VERY positive reaction. With what happened with AC, I was expecting another shitstorm.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sure you had the Templer and Desmond story but the games were 90% stand alone.

That were hugely intertwined with each other until Origins. Brotherhood was a continuation and ending to Ezio and Altairs story. AC1-2 etc. Black Flag followed on from AC3.

It is what it is i guess

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
That were hugely intertwined with each other until Origins. Brotherhood was a continuation and ending to Ezio and Altairs story. AC1-2 etc. Black Flag followed on from AC3.

It is what it is i guess

Yeah the last original game was Syndicate. After that they watered it down probably due to the Templars (Sweet Baby Inc, Blackrock, and other Illuminati companies) were upset. Made the goofy "hidden ones" and "The Order". Assassin's "Hash-shasheen" did exist and the game was truly following the real roots of the freemasons until it became too much to "some".

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko