uSWM505.jpeg
I'm liking what I am seen so far tbh!

Reactions: The Icon

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
How difficult is the original?
Like any mainstream AAA open world game difficulty level, approachable. Not Souls level.

As mentioned, there are a few particularly challenging bosses, as I remember (not sure) some were 'hidden'/optional ones.

In most areas maybe isn't an S tier game, but solid A+. But when grouping everything together is a really great game. Not sure now, but as I remember is one of those games with a high completing rate despite being (maybe a bit too) long. I might have platinumed half a dozen games or so, and I hate too long ones, or too difficult ones, but loved this one and platinumed it.

Reactions: BroodCorp

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
When we set out to make a new Ghost game, we wanted to maintain the core pillars established in Ghost of Tsushima: playing as a wandering warrior in Feudal Japan, offering freedom to explore at your own pace, and highlighting the beauty of the world.

We also wanted to continue to innovate. To create something fresh but familiar, we looked beyond Jin Sakai’s story and the island of Tsushima, and shifted our focus to the idea of the Ghost instead. At Sucker Punch we love origin stories, and we wanted to explore what it could mean to have a new hero wearing a Ghost mask, and uncovering a new legend. This led us to Ghost of Yōtei: a new protagonist, a new story to unfold, and a new region of Japan to explore.

While we aren’t diving into story specifics yet today, we can reveal that Atsu’s journey takes place in 1603, more than 300 years after the events of Ghost of Tsushima. Our story is set in the lands surrounding Mount Yōtei, a towering peak in the heart of Ezo, an area of Japan known as Hokkaido in present day. In 1603, this area was outside the rule of Japan, and filled with sprawling grasslands, snowy tundras, and unexpected dangers. It’s a far cry from the organized samurai clans who lived in Tsushima, and it’s the setting for an original story we can’t wait to tell.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
while scouting social media tonight i saw a lot of positive reactions to this one, in reddit and youtube too

in tiktok there is already some pc grifters trying to take the narrative and make it about politics but im not seeing people buying it, its hard for them when its a console exclusive, they hold no power of boycoting or review bombing

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I think I got more of a Blue Eye Samurai vibe than of Ghost of Tsushima.
I went to check and Yotei is a mount next to current day Sapporo in Hokkaido, the northern island.

Expect lots of snow in the game, and probably many exchanges with the Ainu indigenius people who inhabited that land at the time.
That's probably how you do diversity right, and not with a black man killing samurai to the sound of american hiphop.

Man, not a good time to be making an ac game set in japan.

It's not just set in Japan. It's set within 15 years of AC Shadows' events so it's even the same transition period between Sengoku and Edo.
Ubisoft's grave keeps going deeper.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
as a Vagabond fan I realized something, Miyamoto Fucking Musashi was alive during this period, and despite being 19 years old he was rocking that shit in some battles, he is also famous for the dual wielding technique, the same we see Atsu using in the trailer

Sucker Punch, what are you guys cooking!?

Reactions: Entropi