Ghost of Yotei Announced | State of Play | 2025

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Well Planetsmasher seems pretty excited for yotei so that alone should raise some eyebrows and the game should be approached with skepticism
"This guy you dont know is excited for it so you shouldn't be" is honestly one of the strangest statements I've ever seen in my life about anything.

Maybe have your own opinions that don't exist to defy someone else?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Female characters are not woke or anti-woke taken into context, those are done for years.

We didn't even see the bloody thing and people already mongering shit about it.
Bro its not that serious, I was just joking that the biggest white knight on the purple forum likes it so there must be something that panders to people like him in the game. I hope all of you excited for it enjoy it

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Another fucking female protagonist instead of going further with the main Ghost story. Because, you know, having a man is "boring" and bad.

Male protagonists in recent/future Sony games

Spider-Man Miles Morales
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Venom
God of War Ragnarok
Astro Bot
Rise of the Ronin
Death Stranding 2
Wolverine
Lost Soul Aside

It's pretty well balanced between male and female characters.

The problem is clearly that many gamers feel that female characters should be a rare exception and are in their feels that they're more prevalent.

Yet the data shows game companies that female gamers are attracted to gaming when there are female characters. Game companies are desperate to attract more female consumers because they've reached saturation with male consumers.

The same people who will complain about games being more expensive or microtransactions will cry about female main characters or games not being worth it if they aren't long enough which drastically makes big AAA games more expensive and riskier...

In short, people like to complain about everything and it's ruining the hobby.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Looks beautiful but apparently no Jin is a bummer...
discussion wolf GIF

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Females are weak, and overpowering men and big crowds is difficult even for the strongest men on earth. It's just emersion breaking.

So female characters should reflect real life, and real life and history suggest "hero" female fighters are less than 0.00000000000000000000000001%, and probably much less than that.
I knew people will focus all their energy on this female mc crap the moment I learned about It, instead of focusing on the more important problems.
Like the fact, that the game doesnt really look that good? It looks like the first game, sometimes even worse (stiff horse animations for example, that were amazing in the first one). This doesnt look like a proper AAA game from a PlayStation Studio. Almost five years of work for this?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s definitely a sequel. Even if the characters and settings are different, it’s built on the same gameplay and design.

I see lots hung up on narrative sequels. Don’t mean shit.

100% true sequel. I had my fill with the first game and ronin so I’m not interested. Also… I’m over open world games for good.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: SuperPotato

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
It’s definitely a sequel. Even if the characters and settings are different, it’s built on the same gameplay and design.

I see lots hung up on narrative sequels. Don’t mean shit.

100% true sequel.

It's a self contained sequel like Final Fantasy and Assassins Creed. Sucker Punch said they want this to be a anthology series.

Every game self contained but with a overarching Ghost theme.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: The Icon

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It's a self contained sequel like Final Fantasy and Assassins Creed.

I see other things like — well “it doesn’t re-use old locations!” Etc… which is like — is copy and paste now what people consider sequels? We used to call those low effort rehashes….

Many, many sequels drastically changed locations, main characters, and often shake up tone and gameplay wholesale. Crysis 1 -> Crysis 2.

Like what?

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I see other things like — well “it doesn’t re-use old locations!” Etc… which is like — is copy and paste now what people consider sequels? We used to call those low effort rehashes….

Many, many sequels drastically changed locations, main characters, and often shake up tone and gameplay wholesale. Crysis 1 -> Crysis 2.

Like what?

It's funny how life works.

What people want to call a sequel or not a sequel generally when it suits their interests.

Reactions: ApolloHelios

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's a self contained sequel like Final Fantasy and Assassins Creed. Sucker Punch said they want this to be a anthology series.

Every game self contained but with a overarching Ghost theme.

Assassins Creed isnt self contained. Its part of a huge sci fi story that links up. Well it was.

Repeating the Ghost theme over and over for new characters is gonna be... well i dont know

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Are we debating whether it really is a sequel or not?

Yes, it is.

Based on the same gameplay loop, similar setting (but some time later), but a new story with another protagonist.

I'm disappointed very few people noticed the new weapons, the tamed wolf companion, the dual wielding...