God of War Ragnarok with Neutral reviews on Steam because the game can't run on PCs with less than 6 GB of VRAM (Update: Also because of forced PSN)

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
We were talking about "best", weren't we? Astro >>>>>>>> Helldivers 2.

Going by previous R* releases, I think you would lose that bet.

The game was erroneously sold in countries where PSN isn't available. Sony refunded those affected and delisted the game in those countries. Problem solved, nothing preventing Arrowhead and Sony to enforce the PSN linking. Outside of devs being pussies of course.

For giving me less to play and of lesser quality because resources are being spent for useless ports.

Why do you keep giving examples of it then?
I can repond to this when I get back upstairs to my PC, im making food so i'm my phone while I wait.

theolreverend

Banned
15 Sep 2024
I gave an example.

Bar GaaS all Sony games will be delayed. So stop begging for them if there’s no hype cause of the delays.

We don’t make that excuse for shit sales.

Release Alyx and it will sell regardless of the delay.
I've demonstrated in detail why you're completely wrong on this topic.

The numbers don't lie.

And your insistence on being wrong won't change the facts.

Delays kill hype. Loss of hype kills sales.

This isn't an opinion, it's counting.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I've demonstrated in detail why you're completely wrong on this topic.

The numbers don't lie.

And your insistence on being wrong won't change the facts.

Delays kill hype. Loss of hype kills sales.

This isn't an opinion, it's counting.

The numbers don’t lie.

You are reading them to your low PC standards.

Sony games have sold like shit on PC.

You blame it on delay and the lack of hype.

Then you have your fellow PC gamers begging for Bloodborne which is 9 years old.

Claiming it is easy money for Sony.

Why beg when most Sony games will be delayed and theres no hype for them cause of it.

Go figure.

theolreverend

Banned
15 Sep 2024
The numbers don’t lie.

You are reading them to your low PC standards.

Sony games have sold like shit on PC.

You blame it on delay and the lack of hype.

Then you have your fellow PC gamers begging for Bloodborne which is 9 years old.

Claiming it is easy money for Sony.

Why beg when most Sony games will be delayed and theres no hype for them cause of it.

Go figure.
Again, why did Witcher 3 sell more on PC than on PlayStation? Why did Baldur's Gate 3 do the same?

theolreverend

Banned
15 Sep 2024
PS/Switch can sell games with 10-20 Million Copies. (Without paying Cuts)

Some games can do 30m+ even.

Show me PC games that sell 20m+ on PC, at $60+ (Not Live-Service)
Off the top of my head?

Half Life ², Civ V, StarCraft 2, Diablo 3... and probably the Sims 3 and 4. These easily sold over 20 million copies each.

And then there's the OG StarCraft and Brood War, WarCraft 3, AOE 2, Diablo 2, Guild Wars, Company of Heroes, Total War Shogun 2 — not sure these had +20 million, but I'd bet they sold over 10 or 15 million copies.

However, all this reinforces my point that it's games that generate your profits, not the platform.

Hell, Witcher 3 sold over 50 million copies and the majority of sales were on PC. Which blows a big ol' gaping hole in the 30-IQ theory that PC players pirate more than they buy.
AAA Development for PC wouldn't even be worth it, in 99% of cases.

It is the console players that pay the bills.
Selling barely even 1 Million would never pay a 100+ Million game.

But that is what delusional PC-Players don't get...
I love how you're twisting yourself into a pretzel just to push your dogshit narratives, dawg =]]

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
We were talking about "best", weren't we? Astro >>>>>>>> Helldivers 2.

Going by previous R* releases, I think you would lose that bet.

The game was erroneously sold in countries where PSN isn't available. Sony refunded those affected and delisted the game in those countries. Problem solved, nothing preventing Arrowhead and Sony to enforce the PSN linking. Outside of devs being pussies of course.

For giving me less to play and of lesser quality because resources are being spent for useless ports.
1. Best = Best objectively, and for right now, we know at HD2 is hands down their best and fastest performing title as of this year, if Astro Bot's numbers release and we find out they did more than 12 million in 12 weeks, that's good for them and then they will be the best and fastest title.

2. This is what I meant by double dippers in the Rockstar community, just as Skyrim has been sold several times and bought several times, with each owner of one likely owning the others, Rockstar is no different, I personally got GTA V on PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC.

3. Do we know it was erroneous? They never released a statement saying such to my knowledge, we just know they took access away and STEAM refunded those people, not Sony. Steam issued refunds automatically and to people who asked because the game could no longer be played in their countries.

4. less to play? What do you mean less to play? They just released another exclusive, and more are in the works, what makes them lesser quality?

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
Best objectively, and for right now, we know at HD2 is hands down their best and fastest performing title as of this year
The only takeaway from this is that Live-Service Games sell much better on PC than Singleplayer Games.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Piracy still exists on every platform. And yes, it's still prevalent in poorer countries. Did I say it's completely eradicated?

And yeah, I also know one guy who still does it regularly. Then again, he's the exception because the overwhelming majority of people I've played with for 20 or so years buy everything. Also, many people end up buying games they've pirated as demos.

Personally, I haven't pirated a game since 2010 because it's just inconvenient. I don't have that much time for gaming lately, so I buy the handful of games I play every year. Still, my Steam account is worth ~€1000-1500. Hell, I spent well over €300 on cosmetics in Dota 2.
I just looked out of curiosity, this is my account's worth on Steam

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Piracy is a legit concern and always should be. It’s best to release single player games on console first. Pc release later without denuvo bad press. There are a handful of outliers but those also tend to be better established genres and IPs with that particular consumer.

On the other end, expecting late ports to sell the same as their original launches is its own special kind of stupid too.

No one is in a rush to play these games and is why they may still find their way to a million units sold a year from now as others have.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Best = Best objectively, and for right now, we know at HD2 is hands down their best and fastest performing title as of this year, if Astro Bot's numbers release and we find out they did more than 12 million in 12 weeks, that's good for them and then they will be the best and fastest title.

So sales is all that matters to determine a good game? FIFA is then one of the best franchises around? Minecraft the best game ever made?

This is what I meant by double dippers in the Rockstar community, just as Skyrim has been sold several times and bought several times, with each owner of one likely owning the others, Rockstar is no different, I personally got GTA V on PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC.

Doesn't make any sense. Sure, there will be double dippers, but I doubt any company would be stupid enough to think double dippers could carry the costs of a port.

Do we know it was erroneous? They never released a statement saying such to my knowledge, we just know they took access away and STEAM refunded those people, not Sony. Steam issued refunds automatically and to people who asked because the game could no longer be played in their countries.

Maybe Sony though people would simply create a free account in a different country, like it's been happening since the very first PSN accounts without consequences. But PC gamers obviously did what they do best: cry.
And now here we are where, pussy devs still didn't enforce PSN linking because of crybabies.

less to play? What do you mean less to play? They just released another exclusive, and more are in the works, what makes them lesser quality?

Maybe you, with an Xbox past, are used to have very little good games over a generation from a platform holder. But Sony set higher standards for us, in both quality and quantity, which they are failing to maintain.
Games, when they are finally released, release buggy and with missing features. We also will never know how scope and gameplay mechanics are impacted during the design of the games because PC needs to be supported.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Just like the CSGO port on the 7th generation consoles right? And that one didn't have a expensive headset as barrier of entry.

Didn't it have a 15 bucks barrier though, while it was f2p on PC? Do you also have any numbers to prove your point?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Just like the CSGO port on the 7th generation consoles right? And that one didn't have a expensive headset as barrier of entry.

Exceptions don’t make the rule pal.

I have said that before.

Bar one game every Sony game has sold like shit on PC. The excuse being delayed release and no hype cause of it.

Yet here you are asking for 9 year old Bloodborne and claiming it will be easy money for Sony.

Make it make sense.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
BTW the issue was fixed officially now. You won't get an error with a 4GB card.
Didn't it have a 15 bucks barrier though, while it was f2p on PC? Do you also have any numbers to prove your point?

CSGO only became F2P years ago. I bought it in 2013 for PC for 15 bucks. Users that play for free don't get access to better drops a d other perks. You have to buy the 15 bucks pass if you want that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide