God of War Ragnarok with Neutral reviews on Steam because the game can't run on PCs with less than 6 GB of VRAM (Update: Also because of forced PSN)

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
So sales is all that matters to determine a good game? FIFA is then one of the best franchises around? Minecraft the best game ever made?

Doesn't make any sense. Sure, there will be double dippers, but I doubt any company would be stupid enough to think double dippers could carry the costs of a port.

Maybe Sony though people would simply create a free account in a different country, like it's been happening since the very first PSN accounts without consequences. But PC gamers obviously did what they do best: cry.
And now here we are where, pussy devs still didn't enforce PSN linking because of crybabies.

Maybe you, with an Xbox past, are used to have very little good games over a generation from a platform holder. But Sony set higher standards for us, in both quality and quantity, which they are failing to maintain.
Games, when they are finally released, release buggy and with missing features. We also will never know how scope and gameplay mechanics are impacted during the design of the games because PC needs to be supported.
1. Objectively, yes. Even if you don't like it (which I absolutely hate that FIFA [now known as EA SPORTS FC] is one of the most popular franchises around) their sales will go down in history. Look at the wiki of best selling games of all time, you will be astounded as to what's there, (keep in mind since it's a wiki it may not be updated 24/7 with the last edit being 09/06/2024 or 2024-09-06)

2. Rockstar is pretty fucking stupid, I can promise you that, why do you think they're delaying release of GTA 6 on PC? Hint, they know people are going to want to get it on PC as well because it may or may not be drastically different in terms of visuals and performance (which has been the case for their releases)

3. You leave this solely on PC gamers when people have been asking to get PSN in their country for much longer, it's Sony's lack of support in many countries that is finally biting back at them after all these years, PC definitely put a megaphone to the voice, but that criticism has BEEN there.

4. Mate my past is: SNES, Gameboy Advance, PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and then PC (I've had PC intermittently but never one for gaming until about a decade ago) so don't tell me that I just have an Xbox past when I've owned more PlayStation products than Xbox, it makes no sense. Sony spoiled you with banger after banger but they are starting to realize the costs and the development time is increasing year after year and now they are toning it down. They want more games out there now at a lower cost and a lower development time that isn't 6+ years. Speaking of, what the hell has there other studios been up to? It's complete radio silence over there, I have the same criticism for Xbox as well, I want to know where the fuck Fable went, its been years since we've heard anything.

4b. "scope and gameplay mechanics" are not going to be impacted much, if at all. Even if you factor in low-end PCs, those systems will just run the game worse compared to mid or high-end PCs, do you think Sony just has some huge game the size of the earth in mind that can't be realized because of PC or something? That isn't how that works.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
BTW the issue was fixed officially now. You won't get an error with a 4GB card.

CSGO only became F2P years ago. I bought it in 2013 for PC for 15 bucks. Users that play for free don't get access to better drops a d other perks. You have to buy the 15 bucks pass if you want that.
I also paid money for CSGO way back then, I'm annoyed that it's free to play now but there isn't anything I can do about it lmao, at least I have ranked for free instead of having to pay what I did for CSGO back then to play it.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
BTW the issue was fixed officially now. You won't get an error with a 4GB card.

CSGO only became F2P years ago. I bought it in 2013 for PC for 15 bucks. Users that play for free don't get access to better drops a d other perks. You have to buy the 15 bucks pass if you want that.
But it was f2p when it launched on consoles?
Sales numbers for the console version?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Please. CS has not been available on consoles for like a decade or more.

A proper f2p launch of the newest version would shoot to the top just as quickly as Valorant has. Online games have evolved a ton since then for consoles.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Exceptions don’t make the rule pal.

I have said that before.

Bar one game every Sony game has sold like shit on PC. The excuse being delayed release and no hype cause of it.

Yet here you are asking for 9 year old Bloodborne and claiming it will be easy money for Sony.

Make it make sense.
It makes perfect sense. Bloodborne is the number one most wanted game on PC so it will sell well at any time.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
why do you think they're delaying release of GTA 6 on PC?

Because concentrating on fewer platforms at a time means there is a better end product. And they obviously consider PC after consoles (maybe because of the hated p-word? Who knows) and expect to not lose much by releasing later. Otherwise they could swap the staggered release, right?

Objectively, yes.

Sure sure. F2P games are the best games in the world. Said no one ever.

You leave this solely on PC gamers when people have been asking to get PSN in their country for much longer, it's Sony's lack of support in many countries that is finally biting back at them after all these years, PC definitely put a megaphone to the voice, but that criticism has BEEN there.

Distribution while being a platform holder is completely different than having a digital-only store. Laws and regulations might make it more difficult and not worth it. Btw, where is the outrage for Steam's illegally operating in Vietnam?
"scope and gameplay mechanics" are not going to be impacted much, if at all.

Of course they are. A custom tailored outfit is always better than something made to fit all sizes.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Again, why did Witcher 3 sell more on PC than on PlayStation? Why did Baldur's Gate 3 do the same?

Witcher 3 did not sell more on PC until later when it started to get heavily discounted.

Sold way more on PlayStation in its first year, sold the same on the second year. Third year is when it started to sell better. Look it up.

Not saying this is always the case, but generally yeah PC software sales for premium games tends to be lower, piracy is usually very high, and then as keys and Steam price begins to drop it changes.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Because concentrating on fewer platforms at a time means there is a better end product. And they obviously consider PC after consoles (maybe because of the hated p-word? Who knows) and expect to not lose much by releasing later. Otherwise they could swap the staggered release, right?

Sure sure. F2P games are the best games in the world. Said no one ever.

Distribution while being a platform holder is completely different than having a digital-only store. Laws and regulations might make it more difficult and not worth it. Btw, where is the outrage for Steam's illegally operating in Vietnam?

Of course they are. A custom tailored outfit is always better than something made to fit all sizes.
PC's version will 9/10 be less buggy, have better performance, and have better visuals, that is how Rockstar has always done things, there are two sides to every coin as you indicate, but I believe they're putting extra time on PC to make sure it goes smoothly.

Literally zero of the best-SELLING games of all time are free to play.
Minecraft: 300M sales
GTAV: 200M
Wii Sports: 82.9M
PUBG: Battlegrounds: 75M
Mario Kart 8/Deluxe: 71.36M
RDR2: 65M
Terraria: 58.7M
Super Mario Bros.: 58M
etc.

Why would there be outrage for them letting Vietnam consumers by games from them? If anything, the outrage should be at Vietnam's government for restricting Steam, not Steam for letting people buy games. This is not the same where Sony sold there willingly, then took it away willingly.

I don't think you understand what I said, not every developer makes sure every single configuration can run the game, that is why a Minimum and Recommended Specs range is a thing, this shows to the consumer where the developers thought would be a good point to cut off support at.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
So Valve thinks Half Life and Portal are unsuccessful and that's the reason they didn't get any sequel?
Valve is Valve, I don't like their inaction with their games, but I imagine its because a good chunk of the money is sent to make sure Steam keeps running and running well, Gabe Newell is in the good graces of many PC gamers, he is somewhat of a faux "religious figure" in PC gaming.

Reactions: theolreverend

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
PC's version will 9/10 be less buggy, have better performance, and have better visuals, that is how Rockstar has always done things, there are two sides to every coin as you indicate, but I believe they're putting extra time on PC to make sure it goes smoothly.

So why not swap the releases?

Literally zero of the best-SELLING games of all time are free to play.

But you have even more people investing time in them and they might generate even more revenue than the top selling games in that list. Why dismiss them? And obviously F2P games cannot be in any list of best selling games.....

If anything, the outrage should be at Vietnam's government for restricting Steam, not Steam for letting people buy games.

So the outrage should go towards the governments of those countries which make it difficult for PlayStation to operate there?

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
So why not swap the releases?

But you have even more people investing time in them and they might generate even more revenue than the top selling games in that list. Why dismiss them? And obviously F2P games cannot be in any list of best selling games.....

So the outrage should go towards the governments of those countries which make it difficult for PlayStation to operate there?
I don't know, I'm not Rockstar, they do things their way and they've always been weird about it, but PC usually gets a better performing game from them.

I brought up F2P because you did whenever I was only talking about the best SELLING games of all time.

depends on what they're doing to make it hard for Sony to operate there, regardless, account creation is supported by companies who can't sell there, so why can't Sony do that?

theolreverend

Banned
15 Sep 2024
Witcher 3 did not sell more on PC until later when it started to get heavily discounted.

Sold way more on PlayStation in its first year, sold the same on the second year. Third year is when it started to sell better. Look it up.

Not saying this is always the case, but generally yeah PC software sales for premium games tends to be lower, piracy is usually very high, and then as keys and Steam price begins to drop it changes.
Sure, it sold plenty of discounted copies too, but a copy sold on sale is still a copy sold.

It's not a copy pirated or sold 2nd hand where the developer gets 0% of the transaction.

Yes, piracy exists. And piracy will always exist.

But to say it's "very high" is simply inaccurate — it's also irrelevant to devs that respect gamers because they can be certain people will buy their work. Games like Baldur's Gate 3, Witcher 3, Hades, Elden Ring, etc. prove this.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Sure, it sold plenty of discounted copies too, but a copy sold on sale is still a copy sold.

It's not a copy pirated or sold 2nd hand where the developer gets 0% of the transaction.

Yes, piracy exists. And piracy will always exist.

But to say it's "very high" is simply inaccurate — it's also irrelevant to devs that respect gamers because they can be certain people will buy their work. Games like Baldur's Gate 3, Witcher 3, Hades, Elden Ring, etc. prove this.
y'know I find it funny that it's always "PC gamers don't buy games" when games do bad, but when shit like Black Myth Wukong or Space Marine 2 come out, radio silence.

• Heart

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
I brought up F2P because you did whenever I was only talking about the best SELLING games of all time.

We were talking about the BEST games, you started talking about sales as if it was some kind of measurement for the quality of the games 🤷🏻‍♂️

depends on what they're doing to make it hard for Sony to operate there, regardless, account creation is supported by companies who can't sell there, so why can't Sony do that?

Maybe those companies operate illegally there, like Steam in Vietnam? Who knows.
Either way, since when is every company supposed to operate everywhere? If a product is not available in my country I either import it (if it's possible and I care enough) or - shocking - simply don't get that product.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Sure it is.

The rest of them you didn’t want.

All the port begging for those games didn’t happen.
Look man you need to accept the FACT that there's no reason to rush and support Sony. If PC ports don't sell too well what do you think is gonna happen? They're gonna scrap the entire operation? Fuck no! It just will speed up Sony being day and date on PC.