God of War Ragnarok with Neutral reviews on Steam because the game can't run on PCs with less than 6 GB of VRAM (Update: Also because of forced PSN)

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Look man you need to accept the FACT that there's no reason to rush and support Sony. If PC ports don't sell too well what do you think is gonna happen? They're gonna scrap the entire operation? Fuck no! It just will speed up Sony being day and date on PC.

PC gamers and their logic.

We don’t buy Sony games so they will come quicker on PC.

More like they won’t come anymore.

Slow down not speed up.

You have Playstation gamers buying their consoles, PS Plus subscriptions and games in the millions. Giving Sony 100% of first party revenue and even 30% of Third party on digital games.

Yet here you have a PC gamer thinking they will put us on the same pedestal by going Day 1 on PC after buying fuck all.

Neither the consoles, nor the PS Subscriptions nor the games. They lose 30% of revenue on their game sales too on Steam.

Heck they don’t want to even create a PSN account which is free.

You think Sony is gonna sacrifice all that.

What a deluded and entitled bunch.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
PC gamers and their logic.

We don’t buy Sony games so they will come quicker on PC.

More like they won’t come anymore.

Slow down not speed up.

You have Playstation gamers buying their consoles, PS Plus subscriptions and games in the millions. Giving Sony 100% of first party revenue and even 30% of Third party on digital games.

Yet here you have a PC gamer thinking they will put us on the same pedestal by going Day 1 on PC after buying fuck all.

Neither the consoles, nor the PS Subscriptions nor the games. They lose 30% of revenue on their game sales too on Steam.

Heck they don’t want to even create a PSN account which is free.

You think Sony will gonna sacrifice all that.

What a deluded and entitled bunch.
I don't wanna hear it from you I wanna hear it from Hermen, Totoki, someone from Sony. I wanna hear it loud and clear: we want more sales on PC or we're gonna stop porting. I'm sure they're gonna say it any day now.

• haha
Reactions: theolreverend

theolreverend

Banned
15 Sep 2024
Maybe you, with an Xbox past, are used to have very little good games over a generation from a platform holder. But Sony set higher standards for us, in both quality and quantity, which they are failing to maintain.
Games, when they are finally released, release buggy and with missing features. We also will never know how scope and gameplay mechanics are impacted during the design of the games because PC needs to be supported.
Dawg, what?

You cannot seriously be trying to pin the shambolic state of game development on the existence of PC games. Don't be fkn ridiculous.

If this was in any way true, PC games wouldn't have been the flagship gaming experience in the 90s and early 2000s. They couldn't have gotten away with releasing broken, buggy games back in the CD era.

No, if you're looking for a culprit, I suggest you look at shareholder capitalism.

Because for the last decades, all the horrible decisions that have killed IPs, studios and the public's trust? They've all been taken by finance-brained corporate bro types.

CEOs, studio directors and other lackeys are completely beholden to the mandate of "make as much money from this as you can, no matter whose skull you have to step over." All in service of enriching a tiny minority of shareholder.

Who forced Arkane Studios to change their game's name to "Prey" despite it having no relation to an older game with the same name? Who forced Arkane to develop the utter dumpster fire that was Redfall? Arkane made narrative-heavy action adventure games, not looter shooters. 75% of their devs quit. The studio that brought us Dishonored is dead.

Who forced Marty Stratton of id Software to cut as many corners as he could with Doom Eternal? He tried to develop the OST in-house before brining Mick Gordon in last minute and then screwed him out of payment.

Who scrapped the art direction for Homeworld 3 and forced the team to focus on multiplayer instead of the singleplayer experience which the series was loved for? This is a game fans have waited for 24 years and it's one of the biggest disappointments instead of a triumph.

Shit, dawg, think back to Mass Effect 3 where they lopped off a vital part of the story to force DAY 1 DLC ON FANS.

Or think about Halo Infinite where, to cut corners, they had over 50% of developers as contractors with no rights or decision-making powers.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Dawg, what?

You cannot seriously be trying to pin the shambolic state of game development on the existence of PC games. Don't be fkn ridiculous.

If this was in any way true, PC games wouldn't have been the flagship gaming experience in the 90s and early 2000s. They couldn't have gotten away with releasing broken, buggy games back in the CD era.

No, if you're looking for a culprit, I suggest you look at shareholder capitalism.

Because for the last decades, all the horrible decisions that have killed IPs, studios and the public's trust? They've all been taken by finance-brained corporate bro types.

CEOs, studio directors and other lackeys are completely beholden to the mandate of "make as much money from this as you can, no matter whose skull you have to step over." All in service of enriching a tiny minority of shareholder.

Who forced Arkane Studios to change their game's name to "Prey" despite it having no relation to an older game with the same name? Who forced Arkane to develop the utter dumpster fire that was Redfall? Arkane made narrative-heavy action adventure games, not looter shooters. 75% of their devs quit. The studio that brought us Dishonored is dead.

Who forced Marty Stratton of id Software to cut as many corners as he could with Doom Eternal? He tried to develop the OST in-house before brining Mick Gordon in last minute and then screwed him out of payment.

Who scrapped the art direction for Homeworld 3 and forced the team to focus on multiplayer instead of the singleplayer experience which the series was loved for? This is a game fans have waited for 24 years and it's one of the biggest disappointments instead of a triumph.

Shit, dawg, think back to Mass Effect 3 where they lopped off a vital part of the story to force DAY 1 DLC ON FANS.

Or think about Halo Infinite where, to cut corners, they had over 50% of developers as contractors with no rights or decision-making powers.

If you don't know what we are talking about, shutting up is the easiest way to not look dumb.

Neither me, nor the person I was talking to, were talking about the general state of gaming, but about PlayStation games.

And please stop talking like a GTA NPC, it makes you look dumber than you probably/hopefully are.

Reactions: Diah and Gediminas

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I don't wanna hear it from you I wanna hear it from Hermen, Totoki, someone from Sony. I wanna hear it loud and clear: we want more sales on PC or we're gonna stop porting. I'm sure they're gonna say it any day now.

Keep begging.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
This cannot be rejected, MS took this step and killed the XBOX.

Don't underestimate human stupidity and short-sightedness.

Sony has hindsight as a factor.

They can see what happened to Microsoft.

If the PS5 sells less than PS4 they will need to reconsider.

The only reason it will not meet expectations is because of their stupid decision to chuck all their games on PC which have sold like shit too.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Sony has hindsight as a factor.

They can see what happened to Microsoft.

If the PS5 sells less than PS4 they will need to reconsider.

The only reason it will not meet expectations is because of their stupid decision to chuck all their games on PC which have sold like shit too.
If they have hindsight, explain why they're even doing PC ports then? Why not just stay like Nintendo where it's a complete closed garden over there?

Also, their games on PC fluctuate in terms of success, you deem it selling like shit because it doesn't match the numbers the game had when it originally released brand new on a platform that's only real reason to buy it is exclusives so you would be a fool to not buy them when they come out. Instead of being angry at Sony for not putting effort into marketing so the games sell even better than solely relying on word of mouth or hoping they see it, you get angry at PC as if its our fault Sony doesn't do their job right? :ROFLMAO:

• they're_right_you_know

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
If they have hindsight, explain why they're even doing PC ports then? Why not just stay like Nintendo where it's a complete closed garden over there?

Also, their games on PC fluctuate in terms of success, you deem it selling like shit because it doesn't match the numbers the game had when it originally released brand new on a platform that's only real reason to buy it is exclusives so you would be a fool to not buy them when they come out. Instead of being angry at Sony for not putting effort into marketing so the games sell even better than solely relying on word of mouth or hoping they see it, you get angry at PC as if its our fault Sony doesn't do their job right? :ROFLMAO:

Nintendo's games cost a fraction of what Sony's cost to develop and sell twice as many copies and at full price.

PC game sales fluctuate. Why not just say you're not familiar with the market?

Most sequels don't sell as well as their first games on console, but it should be different on PC?

This is all weird stuff.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
side note, GoW:R just broke it's peak again: 34,614.

Why is it doing better on a Sunday than it did on a Thursday?

Could it be that fewer people have to work on a Sunday? More people have purchased the game.

GoWR has a ton of competition probably more so than GOW18

Wukong is still massive, FF16 just came out, Warhammer just came out.

We keep telling people like you not to base everything on CCU, especially for single player games.

Red Dead 2 has a peak of 77,655 despite being an open world marvel. Do you know why? It didn't launch on Steam. It launched on its own launcher. The devil is in the details, but people apparently don't think details matter anymore, only their agenda.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Nintendo's games cost a fraction of what Sony's cost to develop and sell twice as many copies and at full price.

PC game sales fluctuate. Why not just say you're not familiar with the market?

Most sequels don't sell as well as their first games on console, but it should be different on PC?

This is all weird stuff.
PC game sales do fluctuate, especially with Sony's ports. They are relying entirely on word of mouth or several years old hype.

• they're_right_you_know

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Why is it doing better on a Sunday than it did on a Thursday?

Could it be that fewer people have to work on a Sunday? More people have purchased the game.

GoWR has a ton of competition probably more so than GOW18

Wukong is still massive, FF16 just came out, Warhammer just came out.

We keep telling people like you not to base everything on CCU, especially for single player games.

Red Dead 2 has a peak of 77,655 despite being an open world marvel. Do you know why? It didn't launch on Steam. It launched on its own launcher. The devil is in the details, but people apparently don't think details matter anymore, only their agenda.
I think you may be misunderstanding my messages, I know the doom and gloom with Sony and PC is exaggerated, that's what I'm saying.

I've been saying that CCU isn't an indicator of sales, etc.

Reactions: mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
PC game sales do fluctuate, especially with Sony's ports. They are relying entirely on word of mouth or several years old hype.

God of War 2018 launched on steam for 50 dollars.

God of War Ragnarok launched on steam for 60 dollars.

Ragnarok launched right after two of the best selling games of the year launched and are still being played quite extensively. It also launched immediately after FF16.

What you see as "fluctuation" is that the variables are entirely different. Price points are pretty important on PC. So is release window, and access to the game.

The ceiling for Ragnarok was always going to be 2018 players on PC, but then many of these players are playing other games right now, so why are they going to drop 60 dollars to play Ragnarok right now when they can wait for it to go on sale when they're not playing something else?

God of War 2018 dropped before Elden Ring and it didn't have nearly as much competition when it first released and again was 50 dollars rather than 60.

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Guys, a lot of these newer members aren't PC guys. They're pissed off xbox players, cosplaying as PC players.
The moderation staff is well aware of people posting comments in bad faith with an agenda.

Please do not let other people upset you to the point of hurling insults, simply make use of the ignore list instead.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah, dawg, a ⅓ of the total copies of Elden Ring were sold "for free" to PC players. FromSoft just gave us all "free" Steam keys for their game on launch.

Aha. That totally happened.
?

How many people played Elden Ring free (aka pirated)?

I’m sure more people are playing Ragnarok pirated than paying for it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
The more PC ports flop, the more the likelihood increases for Sony to alter/drop their plans for PC. This is Sony's biggest game this generation. See Final Fantasy XVI's poor performance so far on Steam. Will probably sell even less than FF7R (less than 170k) sold. Anyway this just proves the claim that PC users don't buy AAA games. PC users are just another type of Xbox fans.

Last edited: