God of War Ragnarok with Neutral reviews on Steam because the game can't run on PCs with less than 6 GB of VRAM (Update: Also because of forced PSN)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Nonsense?

Diablo 3 launched on PC first: PS 1 year delay. Xbox 2 year delay. The Switch version came 6 years later.
  • 60% of sales went to PC
  • 20% PS
  • 15% Xbox
  • 5% Switch

Witcher 2: Xbox 1 year delay.
  • 70-80% PC

Hades: Consoles 1 year delay (3 if you factor in early access).
  • 60% PC.
  • 40% PS + Xbox.

Half-Life²: Consoles 1-2 years delay
  • 80-90% PC

Disco Elysium: Consoles 2 year delay
  • 60-70% PC

Baldur's Gate 3: Consoles 1-4 months delay (3 years if we're looking at early access)
  • 80-90% PC

Delaying games kills hype. This was as true for Halo 1 in 2003 and Gears of War 1 in 2006 as it is for God of War today.

As for Half-Life Alyx, I completely understand your hype for it but, realistically, only a handful of PS players even have VR gear.
I guess it is not kill hype.

It just most people can’t wait the time to the game release in the another platform… so just a small part but it after delay.

Same for the opposite… game launched first on consoles have way more sales than PC.

He’ll even simultaneous releases in all platforms console has more than 60% of sales… that means people will trend to prefer console when the game releases in all platform at same time.

That is why Sony will never had day one launch with PC… because they want to maximize PS sales first and after 2 years get these small numbers that didn’t have a console to buy the game on PC and increase revenue.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
The more PC ports flop, the more the likelihood increases for Sony to alter/drop their plans for PC. I mean this Sony's biggest gane thus generation. See Final Fantasy XVI poor performance so far on Steam. Will probably sell even less than FF7R (less than 170k). Anyway this just proves the clsim that PC users don't buy AAA games.
Cyberpunk
Witcher 3
Black Myth: Wukong
Space Marines 2
Elden Ring...

there's tons more bro.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Cyberpunk
Witcher 3
Black Myth: Wukong
Space Marines 2
Elden Ring...

there's tons more, bro.
Woohoo. Only certain games out of 1000 other titles. 🤣
If it's not a Soulslike, MMO, strategy & Buliding simulation, MP indie, CDRP title, and Bethesda title, PC users don't buy them. Everything else flops on PC aside mentioned:

FF, Persona, JRPG in common, Resident Evil, Action Adventures, Platformer, Car Racing. None of these is strong on PC. Steam is just another camp for Xbox.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and Muddasar

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Woohoo. Only certain games out of 1000 other titles. 🤣
If it's not a Soulslike, MMO, strategy & Buliding simulation, MP indie, CDRP title, and Bethesda title, PC users don't buy them. Everything else flops on PC aside mentioned:

FF, Persona, JRPG in common, Resident Evil, Action Adventures, Platformer, Car Racing. None of these is strong on PC. Steam is just another camp for Xbox.
those are all literally AAA titles, are you gonna move the goalpost more?

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The moderation staff is well aware of people posting comments in bad faith with an agenda.

Please do not let other people upset you to the point of hurling insults, simply make use of the ignore list instead.
Oh I already have. It's why I don't engage much in these discussions. We have some PC players on here but at least some of them have actual arguments. It's mainly to do with new accounts that propped up in the last week or so.

Anyway, while PC ports cost less than a full game development, I can't see Sony being happy with not even hitting 2 million sales on some of their most popular titles. You can't grow with those sales.

And it'll be even worse if they go with their own launcher. If you thought creating a PSN account was bad, wait until PC players have to go through a PS store. Microsoft tried that and it failed.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Oh I already have. It's why I don't engage much in these discussions. We have some PC players on here but at least some of them have actual arguments. It's mainly to do with new accounts that propped up in the last week or so.

Anyway, while PC ports cost less than a full game development, I can't see Sony being happy with not even hitting 2 million sales on some of their most popular titles. You can't grow with those sales.

And it'll be even worse if they go with their own launcher. If you thought creating a PSN account was bad, wait until PC players have to go through a PS store. Microsoft tried that and it failed.
I still think Sony is shooting themselves in the foot by not marketing their ports, several people had zero clue when the game was coming out and they released the game right between a hotbed of other big games, with no marketing, they didn't have much of a leg to stand on imo.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I still think Sony is shooting themselves in the foot by not marketing their ports, several people had zero clue when the game was coming out and they released the game right between a hotbed of other big games, with no marketing, they didn't have much of a leg to stand on imo.
That's because they're neither here nor there. Their strategy seems scattershot and you never know what to expect. Day 1, a year after launch, 2 years?

But they will be forcing their own store on PC players. And it will fail. I wonder if they'll keep pushing it or backtrack when the backlash happens. It's hard to sell yet another PC storefront.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
That's nonsense. I have seen several ads for their PC ports across YouTube and Twitter, the two biggest social media platforms. The truth hurts, huh? 🤭

Reactions: Diah and arvfab

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
That's because they're neither here nor there. Their strategy seems scattershot and you never know what to expect. Day 1, a year after launch, 2 years?

But they will be forcing their own store on PC players. And it will fail. I wonder if they'll keep pushing it or backtrack when the backlash happens. It's hard to sell yet another PC storefront.
I definitely don't like having to use other launchers, but that's because I like having all of my games/achievements in one singular place, but if something comes out that I want and it isn't on Steam, I'll buy it, unless it's Epic. I know Epic loses their exclusivity deals often.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
That's nonsense. I have seen several ads for their PC ports across YouTube and Twitter, the two biggest social media platforms. The truth hurts, huh? 🤭
Show me several high profile tweets or ads in general leading up to the release of the ports, if you look online one of the biggest criticisms of Sony right now is that they don't market their ports, they didn't even market GoT, they were lucky PC hadn't stopped talking about it for years.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I don't think lack of advertising is the main issue. Here are the main 2 ones to me.

The online log in for a single player games. PC gamers don't care about BS like trophies or the supposed future benefits touted if we were to join PSN like cross buy, cross save...

I also don't understand how boosting their MAU numbers with PC gamers would benefit Sony in offline games. Is not like we pay for online or make active use of PSN. Remove the online requirement and both it's rating and sales go up automatically.

Then the second issue is lack of denuvo from release through 1 or 2 years. Can't believe Sony is that cheap to avoid paying the fee.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Show me several high profile tweets or ads in general leading up to the release of the ports, if you look online one of the biggest criticisms of Sony right now is that they don't market their ports, they didn't even market GoT, they were lucky PC hadn't stopped talking about it for years.

I keep seeing their ads for ports on social media every time I'm taking a dump (facilitates the process, actually).

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I keep seeing their ads for ports on social media every time I'm taking a dump (facilitates the process, actually).
They made banners, blog posts, SOP trailers. This is the same amount of marketing their usual games get. What are they expecting? Special treatment 🙄

Kratos is the Mario of Sony, that should be hype enough to sell some copies. Aloy sold more and it came out same day as Dragon Dogma 2.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
They made banners, blog posts, SOP trailers. This is the same amount of marketing their usual games get. What are they expecting? Special treatment 🙄

Kratos is the Mario of Sony, that should be hype enough to sell some copies. Aloy sold more and it came out same day as Dragon Dogma 2.
But they launched GoW against Frostpunk! That's like releasing a shooter around CoD!

Fools!

Hocus Pocus Halloween GIF

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Exicide

2 Feb 2024

what banners are you referring to?

blog posts no one will ever read unless they go to PlayStation's blog for whatever reason, you do understand I'm talking about the fact you're missing the gamers who DON'T look at that shit, where were the youtube ads? twitter ads? TV ads for that matter, etc.

EDIT: "This is the same amount of marketing their usual games get."

what a bold faced lie, go ahead and look at all the real marketing their other games get, I'm talking Spider-Man's insane train, God of War 2018 actually had TV commercials, so did Ragnarok, multiple, actually, even the parents trailer they had with BEN STILLER, LEBRON JAMES, AND JOHN TRAVOLTA? (for their original releases) You don't think any of these marketing stunts got the appeal of the average consumer or something? No one but the most dedicated to gaming would have ever seen a blog post on PSN, nor SOP unless it was shoved in their face. Horizon Zero Dawn even had TV commercials.

Why is it that you equate all this to the "marketing their usual games get" as if any of their PC ports ever got anything more than a blog post?

Last edited:

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
are you all just sitting on that subreddit and waiting for posts about it or something. That dude hasn't cleaned his monitor in ages and I doubt he's cleaned his PC at all, look at those temps, anything about 80-85°C can do damage to the CPU, the motherboard, etc. His GPU is somehow sitting in the "okay" range but he's still at max load, dude needs an upgrade.