God of War Ragnarok with Neutral reviews on Steam because the game can't run on PCs with less than 6 GB of VRAM (Update: Also because of forced PSN)

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Steam is heavily carried by CS and Dota 2, Anecdotal but I have spent around 3-4k on dota 2 compendiums and arcanas and I am even afraid to look up what I spent on CS loot boxes and stickers. Only about a half dozen new single player games make money on steam each year, the rest is vacuumed up by the f2p and old multiplayer games

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Why are people rooting for GoW to sell well on PC? Who cares, it makes since for gaas like Helldivers 2 to sell well on PC. But don't complain about single player PlayStation games coming to PC and then complain that they don't sell well on PC.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Can you explain why Ghost of Tsushima did as well as it did in May? God of war is the bigger game. Yet ghost beat it active player wise on its steam launch. It's like I said it came out in a dead month compared to god of war and didn't have all the stink of the PSN account stuff. Now all of that has festered and to play god of war you need an account as opposed to ghost which only required one for co-op mode.
Always the same BS excuses. All the best-selling games of the year come out in October/November, next to each other since forever.

Space Marines came out over 2 weeks ago. Wukong in August. It will never happen that NO GAMES AT ALL come out the same month.

Space Marines is not some juggernaut GTA 6. Came out Sept 6. Calm down with your damage control.

Frostpunk? Seriously. Sony should have delayed GOW because Frostpunk 🤡

Reactions: Diah

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Always the same BS excuses. All the best-selling games of the year come out in October/November, next to each other since forever.

Space Marines came out over 2 weeks ago. Wukong in August. It will never happen that NO GAMES AT ALL come out the same month.

Space Marines is not some juggernaut GTA 6. Came out Sept 6. Calm down with your damage control.

We are literally talking steam? Frost Punk 2 launched the same day as Ragnorok. Steam is different from console in terms of how buying habits go. Look at the games that are in the top. Balders gate 3 came out last year yet its up there?

Look at Elden ring? 2 year old game thats on sale so it jumped. I said all of this in my previous post about steam user buying habits. Console and Steam/PC are not 1:1 in spending habits.

Mainly because there are so many titles that release, and so many places to get deals on said titles. All it takes sometimes for a game to pop again is a big update and you will see it chart again on steam?

I dont understand why you cant grasp that?

Which goes to my point that unlike console where launch sales matter more, these first party titles from Sony are coming out 12-24 months later. And when they come to steam its not like all steam releases stop that PC players look for?

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Maybe we should all ignore you if you think Frostpunk is bigger IP than GOD OF WAR.

Frostpunk is Day 1 on Gamepass and the CCU peak is lower than GOW even. Indie game.

We have another Yurinka in da house 🤡

We are literally talking a platform thats not playstation?

What can you not understand? So your are saying if a Sony first party on PC/Steam isn't #1 for a couple weeks its indicative to its performance?

Is that your rational thinking?

How do you explain ghost doing so well?

Look at the most played:

Screenshot 2024-09-22 173320.png

When it comes to steam there are so many games vying for your time. Look at space marine 2? Look a black myth(has more to do with china for sure).

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
We are literally talking a platform thats not playstation?

What can you not understand? So your are saying if a Sony first party on PC/Steam isn't #1 for a couple weeks its indicative to its performance?

Is that your rational thinking?

How do you explain ghost doing so well?

Look at the most played:

View attachment 5601

When it comes to steam there are so many games vying for your time. Look at space marine 2? Look a black myth(has more to do with china for sure).
What are you even trying to prove with this?

There's Roblox, Fortnite, COD, Genshin, Siege, FIFA and Minecraft on PS charting high.

Space Marines and Wukong are also on PS5 + tons of other games, indies, PS+ and exclusives.

Are you really trying to argue there's nothing to play on PlayStation? This is nonsense.

Reactions: Diah and arvfab

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What are you even trying to prove with this?

There's Roblox, Fortnite, COD, Genshin, Siege, FIFA and Minecraft on PS charting high.

Space Marines and Wukong are also on PS5 + tons of other games, indies, PS+ and exclusives.

Are you really trying to argue there's nothing to play on PlayStation? This is nonsense.

I don't understand what your talking about? I literally showed you charts to show you buying habits and library is much different on what charts on STEAM compared to PSN.

If you uncheck mtx stuff in steam for sales charts it shows you paid titles. In terms of money made God of war:R is 5th. Reason Frost Punk 2 is beating it is because its $44 as apposed to $60.

Higher volume.

But still its number 5 and actually moved up over the weekend?

Im keeping you on mute because you cant understand steam and PSN are two different storefronts that have offer different games and their consumers tasts are different.

Warhammer is huge in PC as a IP/Brand. The fact you dont know or understand that tells me you dont game on PC. If you do then you must be super clueless.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't understand what your talking about? I literally showed you charts to show you buying habits and library is much different on what charts on STEAM compared to PSN.

If you uncheck mtx stuff in steam for sales charts it shows you paid titles. In terms of money made God of war:R is 5th. Reason Frost Punk 2 is beating it is because its $44 as apposed to $60.

Higher volume.

But still its number 5 and actually moved up over the weekend?

Im keeping you on mute because you cant understand steam and PSN are two different storefronts that have offer different games and their consumers tasts are different.
Roblox, Fortnite, Genshin and Minecraft are on PlayStation and that trumps whatever you can find on Steam like Counterstrike and DOTA. Way way bigger.

Besides these games are always there so why do you even bring them up? There were there when Palworld came out and did 2 millions CCU, Wukong too. So what? As if it's affecting GOW only.

Frostpunk is on PS too. The library is not that different.

Warhammer is huge in PC as a IP/Brand. The fact you dont know or understand that tells me you dont game on PC. If you do then you must be super clueless.
Space Marines is also selling super well on PlayStation so you're not making any point. It's big but not earth-shattering, GOW is bigger as a gaming IP.

I have over 2000 games on Steam and I've been there since the beginning. I'm not gonna brag like @Exicide who was bragging earlier with his 228 games and an account value of $1441 🤭

Post in thread 'God of War Ragnarok with Neutral reviews on Steam because the game can't run on PCs with less than 6 GB of VRAM (Update: Also because of forced PSN)' https://icon-era.com/threads/god-of...-also-because-of-forced-psn.14140/post-330732

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I'm not gonna brag like @Exicide who was bragging earlier with his 228 games and an account value of $1441 🤭
Alright bud, go ahead, show me where I said I was bragging about it, You can't, stop being so weirdly hostile for absolutely zero reason. It's kind of pathetic. Also, why did you go out of your way to use the "Lowest Possible Value" compared to what prices would be nowadays?

and for the record, its 223 achievements from Perfect Games (100%'d) and I have 173 games, nowhere did I say I bragged about anything, I legit just looked at my account value. Not everything is a dick measuring contest bro.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Alright bud, go ahead, show me where I said I was bragging about it, You can't, stop being so weirdly hostile for absolutely zero reason. It's kind of pathetic. Also, why did you go out of your way to use the "Lowest Possible Value" compared to what prices would be nowadays?

and for the record, its 223 achievements from Perfect Games (100%'d) and I have 173 games, nowhere did I say I bragged about anything, I legit just looked at my account value.
But the reason you post that was because the other banned troll was talking about piracy and you wanted to show off how much money you spent on Steam.

1,4k in 12 years is really not that high 🤷

• fire
Reactions: Diah and Landiri

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Modders have solved one of these problems on their own

Last edited: