God of War Ragnarok with Neutral reviews on Steam because the game can't run on PCs with less than 6 GB of VRAM (Update: Also because of forced PSN)

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
People who couldn't play an already purchased game because they had no PSN in their country had a more than valid reason to be upset.

More like you don’t want to log into a ‘Playstation’ account on your ‘Steam PC’.

This is a classic case of Platform warring.

You want the games though cause Lord Gabe doesn’t make shit for you.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
This mod removes the PSN requirement, and, assuming I'm understanding this correctly, also the 6GB VRAM requirement.

You need serious help if you think these are problems. Then again I didn’t expect anything better from the PCMR.

Logging into an account is a problem? When it is common occurrence. It’s a problem here because it is Playstation account on your Steam PC.

That 6GB is there for a reason. Not like Sony are asking you to buy more RAM from PS direct.

You numpties will be asking for refunds when the game runs to shit later.

That’s how deluded you are.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Epic account ok

PSN is where these hypocrites draw the line
did you miss where Earth Defense Force 6 got review bombed because of it requiring users to have an Epic account, and that the devs announced that they're removing the Epic account sign in in a later patch because of it

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
did you miss where Earth Defense Force 6 got review bombed because of it requiring users to have an Epic account, and that the devs announced that they're removing the Epic account sign in in a later patch because of it

Again the same reason.

You don’t want to log into an EPIC account on your Steam PC.

Same applies to PlayStation.

Classic platform warring.

You still want the games cause Lord Gabe and Valve make shit all.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
You need serious help if you think these are problems. Then again I didn’t expect anything better from the PCMR.

Logging into an account is a problem? When it is common occurrence. It’s a problem here because it is Playstation account on your Steam PC.

That 6GB is there for a reason. Not like Sony are asking you to buy more RAM from PS direct.

You numpties will be asking for refunds when the game runs to shit later.

That’s how deluded you are.
VRAM and RAM are different things. VRAM refers to the memory on the graphics card. RAM is more general temporary storage.
And I was wrong, this mod only removes the PSN requirement.

If people want to play a game knowing it'll run like garbage they should be allowed to do that, however.
Again the same reason.

You don’t want to log into an EPIC account on your Steam PC.

Same applies to PlayStation.

Classic platform warring.

You still want the games cause Lord Gabe and Valve make shit all.
I have repeatedly been very clear about the reasons I take offense at the PSN requirement being tied to my experiences with being without internet for extended periods of time.. Please do not put words in my mouth regarding my intentions as if I don't have a PSN account I sometimes use to purchase games
pqJ9CuI.jpeg

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
VRAM and RAM are different things. VRAM refers to the memory on the graphics card. RAM is more general temporary storage.
And I was wrong, this mod only removes the PSN requirement.

If people want to play a game knowing it'll run like garbage they should be allowed to do that.

I know. Was gaming on PC before you were born.

It’s there for a reason.

Can you PCMR get anymore deluded.

You gonna ask for refunds when it runs to shit?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Landiri

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
It’s there for a reason.

Can you PCMR get anymore deluded.

You gonna ask for refunds when it runs to shit?
I don't know, I have a graphics card with 8GB VRAM, so not my problem
I am very selective with my purchases purrsonally; God of War Ragnarok is outside my weeaboo realm.

Don't really like being called PCMR though; I find the "master race" thing to be kinda gross and something that should be left to the edgy 2000s internet, and I'm not exactly going around yelling at everyone about how they should switch to PC either as I actually also find those people annoying.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
As it so happens, I have just discovered the 6GB VRAM requirement was removed by the devs of the port themselves yesterday and is no longer a requirement on the game to launch it. Now, instead they simply offer a warning that players with lower VRAM play at their own risk. @John Elden Ring

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Astrobot is getting heavily downvoted rn on IGN's community voting for goty. u think they need an excuse to hate on?
Soon, gotys will win not the best games, or at least comparable best, but which has least offended people or biggest number of shill and funding to support it.

Reactions: Diah

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Guys no point dragging this, The sales will force Sony to make a decision one way or another. Lets just stop double dipping pc ports, I stopped after returnal, before I thought double dipping would support the devs but not anymore. I reckon 30-40% sales on pc are mostly from double dippers

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Guys no point dragging this, The sales will force Sony to make a decision one way or another. Lets just stop double dipping pc ports, I stopped after returnal, before I thought double dipping would support the devs but not anymore. I reckon 30-40% sales on pc are mostly from double dippers
PC was never ever about support of devs that's just cope. Suits said themselves that cash will go to mobile and pc not devs.

Devs already are all good as games highly profitable on Playstation.