God of War Ragnarok with Neutral reviews on Steam because the game can't run on PCs with less than 6 GB of VRAM (Update: Also because of forced PSN)

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Ugly and obese woman don't fit into the Warhammer Lore, i guess 🤷‍♂️

It’s as pathetic as blaming the “chuds” for Concord being online for only 12 days.

Consumers are mostly normal people. They buy what appeals to them.

Considering the graveyard of flops pandering to the same audience; from suicide squad to acolyte… maybe that audience doesn’t exist and they appeal to amounts of nobody.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
More excuses.

God of War needed marketing?
The game released on Playstation almost 2 years ago so yes, obviously.

The other 2 are complete nonsense.

Pretty clear you haven’t played the game.

More like you don’t want to log into a ‘Playstation’ account on your ‘Steam PC’.

This is a classic case of Platform warring.

You want the games though cause Lord Gabe doesn’t make shit for you.

This goes right into the "How to make yourself look ridiculous online" manual for keyboard warriors.

1000061465.png

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and Exicide

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

PSN Account Bypass Mod called NoPSSDK

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I know. Was gaming on PC before you were born.

It’s there for a reason.

Can you PCMR get anymore deluded.

You gonna ask for refunds when it runs to shit?
You said RAM, not VRAM. The game is asking for 6+GB of VRAM, not RAM.

You said you knew, but you demonstrated that you didn't.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I don't know, I have a graphics card with 8GB VRAM, so not my problem
I am very selective with my purchases purrsonally; God of War Ragnarok is outside my weeaboo realm.

Don't really like being called PCMR though; I find the "master race" thing to be kinda gross and something that should be left to the edgy 2000s internet, and I'm not exactly going around yelling at everyone about how they should switch to PC either.

The game released on Playstation almost 2 years ago so yes, obviously.

This goes right into the "How to make yourself look ridiculous online" manual for keyboard warriors.

View attachment 5603

And what does that prove? Give yourself a pat on the back. You bought a game and logged into an account.

Must have been difficult for you.

Anyway I was talking about PC gamers in general in this thread who are not willing to log into an account.

You want all the treatment Playstation gamers get. Day 1 etc.

Yet don’t want to buy a Playstation console, PS Subscriptions and neither log into a PSN account.

Ridiculous entitlement.

In fact it is delusional. Get your heads out of your backsides.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
PC players : i don't want to log in into PSN or Epic to play games..because, reasons.

Begins log in into Steam to play games 😂
Simple answer: Steam is more user friendly.

Complex answer: PSN linking is nothing to most people unless they genuinely don't have an account and don't want to share their info with Sony. Epic is a trash platform with a terrible UI that uses awful marketing practices such as paying devs more money to guarantee exclusivity for several years on their platform to the detriment of said devs because gamers don't like Epic's launcher, the only thing its good for is the free weekly games, nothing more, the friend list is awful, the achievement section is one of the most annoying things to find, the notifications are huge, the store is an absolute mess to sift through.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
You said RAM, not VRAM. The game is asking for 6+GB of VRAM, not RAM.

You said you knew, but you demonstrated that you didn't.

Holy shit you got me with this.

VRAM isn’t RAM anymore cause of the V for Video and it is dedicated to a GPU.

Thanks for the correction.

Again the point still remains. What it is the issue? That requirement is there for a reason.

From PSN Login and Why can’t I play a game with less VRAM.

• fire
Reactions: Landiri

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Holy shit you got me with this.

VRAM isn’t RAM anymore cause of the V for Video and it is dedicated to a GPU.

Thanks for the correction.

Again the point still remains. What it is the issue? That requirement is there for a reason.

From PSN Login and Why can’t I play a game with less VRAM.
Mate I am just pointing out that you said RAM, and no one calls VRAM RAM, even for short because RAM is another component.

I don't care about logging in, but people who don't have an account already probably wouldn't want to make an account, especially considering Sony's history of data leaks. (Not exclusive to them)

Also you actually can play the game with less VRAM and people have, may crash every now and then though.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Mate I am just pointing out that you said RAM, and no one calls VRAM RAM, even for short because RAM is another component.

I don't care about logging in, but people who don't have an account already probably wouldn't want to make an account, especially considering Sony's history of data leaks. (Not exclusive to them)

Also you actually can play the game with less VRAM and people have, may crash every now and then though.

Semantics and you know it.

You just answered your own non issue. It is there for a reason.

The developers put it there cause they know the game better than you.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
And what does that prove?
First it proved you were absurdly wrong about me not playing the game and being bothered by a PSN account because not only did I play the game on the PS5 but I even collected all the trophies which anyone can see in my PSN account.

But then you proved you have such a fragile little ego you can't even shut up after being proven wrong, let alone owning up to your mistakes.

All this stupid fanboyish talk about PC gamers being aFrAiD and tHrEaTeNeD by consoles is ridiculous but pretty scarce beyond the confines of this forum.
Most fans of Playstation games with a bit of cognitive ability are able to discuss and criticize the platform's failure without projecting their insecurities by trying to turn everything into platform wars.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Simple answer: Steam is more user friendly.

Complex answer: PSN linking is nothing to most people unless they genuinely don't have an account and don't want to share their info with Sony. Epic is a trash platform with a terrible UI that uses awful marketing practices such as paying devs more money to guarantee exclusivity for several years on their platform to the detriment of said devs because gamers don't like Epic's launcher, the only thing its good for is the free weekly games, nothing more, the friend list is awful, the achievement section is one of the most annoying things to find, the notifications are huge, the store is an absolute mess to sift through.
No, PSN more user friendly.
Steam is trash platform with a terrible UI.

I can do this all day long, this stupid arbitrary standards makes no sense.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Semantics and you know it.

You just answered your own non issue. It is there for a reason.

The developers put it there cause they know the game better than you.
Mate I never had an issue with the 6GB requirement... I literally have 16GB of VRAM

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
First it proved you were absurdly wrong about me not playing the game and being bothered by a PSN account because not only did I play the game on the PS5 but I even collected all the trophies which anyone can see in my PSN account.

I was talking about PC gamers in general in this thread.

You and the others seem to have a problem with it?

What’s your issue? You did it. What is difficult?

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
No, PSN more user friendly.
Steam is trash platform with a terrible UI.

I can do this all day long, this stupid arbitrary standards makes no sense.
It's a matter of subjective opinion, but most PC gamers like Steam better because they are user friendly, the UI is clean, friends are accessible, achievements are on your profile and the games individual library page, constant sales, events for exclusive profile rewards, refund system actually makes sense and review score aggregates don't count refunds as well as clearly labeling reviews that were refunded, they take reports seriously and are fast to respond to customers.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It’s as pathetic as blaming the “chuds” for Concord being online for only 12 days.

Consumers are mostly normal people. They buy what appeals to them.

Considering the graveyard of flops pandering to the same audience; from suicide squad to acolyte… maybe that audience doesn’t exist and they appeal to amounts of nobody.
Here's the real question. All of these shows fail miserably. So why do companies keep making stuff they know will fail?

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
TBH in between having to buy an expensive paperweight for a couple of games and creating a free account to play said games on PC... It's a no brainer to me.

But I dislike mandatory log ins for single player games. Regardless if it's Sony or not. When possible I prefer to buy these Sony games on GOG.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide