(Guesstimate) Sony to ship 18.5 million PS5s next fiscal year, will push PS5 total to 81.9 million

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
it will absolutely do more than 18 million, this is not an usual generation, we have for the first since PS3 a brand new Grand Theft Auto game, it will sell PS5's like bottles of water in the desert

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
it will absolutely do more than 18 million, this is not an usual generation, we have for the first since PS3 a brand new Grand Theft Auto game, it will sell PS5's like bottles of water in the desert

Maybe the numbers are low because the ps5 pro will be coming next year

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Considerably more than PS4? Huh. Even if PS5 ends few millions behind PS4 LTD it would be an a great result in the end. Another 100+ mil. console trophy.
I completelly disagree. I see no justifiable reason of why the PS5 shouldnt sell more.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Why China would need to invade their own region? Taiwan is internationally recognized as part of China by almost 200 nations including USA. And I don't remember to see China invading any country.

If something it would be USA who would try to invade Taiwan, or organize there a coup d'etat as did in many other countries.
Again with the worst possible takes on every issue. My God, this one is incredibly bad.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I completelly disagree. I see no justifiable reason of why the PS5 shouldnt sell more.

Never said it won't. If sells more, it's great, if it sell less, also great, like i've said in previous post :

Considerably more than PS4? Huh. Even if PS5 ends few millions behind PS4 LTD it would be an a great result in the end. Another 100+ mil. console trophy.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Everything is great if you have no standards.

PS5 selling less than PS4 would be embarrassing for Sony and should sink their value.
For what it's worth I agree. Considering the amount of goodwill and hype they had going into this generation there's no valid reason why it should end it's run behind PS4. Sone people here won't agree for obvious reasons.

Especially with PS4 sales being kneecapped in favor of PS5 production in the end.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Everything is great if you have no standards.

PS5 selling less than PS4 would be embarrassing for Sony and should sink their value

I guess, guided by your logic, PS4 selling less than a PS2 by a big margin is an embarrassment for Sony. :/

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
And for very logic reasons. What you and @Nhomnhom are saying is a stupidy at least. Like i've said above, PS4 didn't outsold PS2, it is an embarrassment. :/
I guess, guided by your logic, PS4 selling less than a PS2 by a big margin is an embarrassment for Sony. :/

PS5 is a direct follow up to the PS4 with no excuses to sell less. The PS3 was a huge failure even if it was a good console.

You guys can't even entertain the possibility of Sony failing, to you Sony is flawless. So even when someone makes a guess that PS5 sales are going collapse you want to spin that as a good thin if it were to happen.

It's selling great all the doom gloom is hyperbolic nonsense.
It's on pace to easily beat the PS4, I don't understand why people here think that selling less than the PS4 would be a good outcome it would mean a drastic decrease in sales in the upcoming years and if anything the Switch showed that these days a console can just keep selling even when it's old.

Yeah it'll drive them right out of the console business 😂
It would show they are only dominant in a shrinking market, because Xbox Series will sell considerably less than the Xbox One. All PlayStation has is their console business they are pathetic when it comes to PC and cloud.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
And for very logic reasons. What you and @Nhomnhom are saying is a stupidy at least. Like i've said above, PS4 didn't outsold PS2, it is an embarrassment. :/
No one expected PS4 to outsell the PS2 though lol. Expecting the PS5 to outsell the PS4 however? Almost everyone expected it. It can still happen but if they end up short it should definitely be viewed as a failure on Sony's end especially with their main rival imploding.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
No one expected PS4 to outsell the PS2 though lol. Expecting the PS5 to outsell the PS4 however? Almost everyone expected it. It can still happen but if they end up short it should definitely be viewed as a failure on Sony's end especially with their main rival imploding.
There is just no excuse since at this point it already is tracking above the PS4 even with the Covid holding it back early on. Xbox bombed, Nintendo isn't competing directly, there is just no excuses beyond Sony failing to take advantage of all the momentum they had.

The PS5 is even going to have a new GTA something the PS4 didn't have.