Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Post 1 : You said "LeTs not get ahead of ourselves now lol. This should be the case but we need at least to know the viability of the franchise" and I quoted you to say it's already viable, because they already released 2 successful games of the franchise being the recent one a huge hit. So it was likely that they will make a third game and maybe some movie/tv show adaptation.

Post 2: You quoted post 1 saying "I do not think Helldivers as a franchise is on the same level as Gran Turismo and Horizon 💀

Sorry that's literally straight up delusion. I'm not knocking the success of the game so I don't need the mansplainning on it's success, I think we are all aware lol."

Post 3: I quoted post 2 saying that I didn't say Helldivers isn't an IP as popular as Horizon or Gran Turismo but that HD2 is getting big hit numbers, way better than other Sony games that got sequels or adaptations.

And well, I add now if it wasn't clear that early numbers are normally a small part of its total sales numbers, meaning that if it has huge numbers now are indicative that it will have huge numbers at the end of its lifecycle.

Make sure that in their May report of the current fiscal year they'll brag about PC and GaaS, highlighting Helldivers 2 as a big success with maybe even over 8-10M copies sold and over 1M CCU record by then, once they solved the server issues and added the first post launch content update (which may only have Warbond, things like Mechs or new enemy factions I think may be added later).
My initial comment about viability was referring to if the game holds up as a GaaS further down the road? The whole context of my post is about it simply not being in the league of Gran Turismo and Horizon? It can get there and I hope it will, but it's not even a month old... The poster simply getting ahead of themselves with that comparison.

Nowhere in my comment was TV / movie, profitability viability ever in the discussion.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
This afternoon played a couple of missions without any issue but after that just got a crash. I went to steamdb and noticed we're going to have an all time CCU record, even if we're many hours away from the peak hours.

image.png

Edit: I played a couple of missions more and later got a crash. After that, I got the issue for 3 or 4 more missions in a row where the game crashes soon after starting a mission. But Steam CCUs are down to 438K.

Doesn’t really matter, the point is that HD2 will be the biggest selling first party game this year
Well, I bet Concord will sell more.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
This afternoon played a couple of missions without any issue but after that just got a crash. I went to steamdb and noticed we're going to have an all time CCU record, even if we're many hours away from the peak hours.

image.png

Well, I bet Concord will sell more.

I dont think concord will be bad but i don’t think its gonna catch the zeitgeist like this game. Even if Concord did half these numbers it would be a huge success, thts halo/destiny numbers

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I dont think concord will be bad but i don’t think its gonna catch the zeitgeist like this game. Even if Concord did half these numbers it would be a huge success, thts halo/destiny numbers
Concord will flop as the pvp shooter genre is already met with fortnite/cod/and apex. There is no room for anything else as the finals shows. The finals did moderately okay at launch as f2p but is basically dead now.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Concord will flop as the pvp shooter genre is already met with fortnite/cod/and apex. There is no room for anything else as the finals shows. The finals did moderately okay at launch as f2p but is basically dead now.
Disagree. All of those are half a decade or more old, Helldivers shows people are wanting new options

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So I guess we can assume around 342k is on PS5?
Steam CCU doesn't mean game server CCUs.

Those who are unconnected in their personal ship or in a login screen count for Steam but not for the game server.

The CEO said they're about 50%-50%, so if the limit is now 800K, then there should be aprox. 400K in each platform.

If they upgraded it to 900K, then around 450K per platform.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Steam CCU doesn't mean game server CCUs.

Those who are unconnected in their personal ship or in a login screen count for Steam but not for the game server.

The CEO said they're about 50%-50%, so if the limit is now 800K, then there should be aprox. 400K in each platform.

If they upgraded it to 900K, then around 450K per platform.
so Steam sold 60% copies but it's 50% playing. PS5 bench some great numbers then.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Still struggling to cross 500k?
Just for fun, some games as reference:
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Seems that a 2nd party sequel of a Vita game was a better business than to buy all these shooters.

so Steam sold 60% copies but it's 50% playing. PS5 bench some great numbers then.
Nobody said Steam sold 60% of the copies. We don't have worldwide numbers so we don't know the sales split. The only reference we have the CEO mentioning the aprox. 50%-50%, and then sharing some CCU numbers than when compared with the Steam ones lead to think it fluctuated somewhere between 60%-40% and 40%-60%, normally a bit higher in PS side.

So I assume sales hold have been pretty similar in both places.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Just for fun, some games as reference:
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Seems that a 2nd party sequel of a Vita game was a better business than to buy all these shooters.

Nobody said Steam sold 60% of the copies. We don't have worldwide numbers so we don't know the sales split. The only reference we have the CEO mentioning the aprox. 50%-50%, and then sharing some CCU numbers than when compared with the Steam ones lead to think it fluctuated somewhere between 60%-40% and 40%-60%, normally a bit higher in PS side.

So I assume sales hold have been pretty similar in both places.
i don't accept this list till i see the Redfall numbers..

• haha