Helldivers 2 port begging from xbox fanboys is insane!

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
they completely ignored all 90+ GOTY contenders Sony released in the last 10 years, it took one multiplayer game that is better than what they have on Xbox and boom, petitions and tweets like these

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Fuck off. Spent the last 2 years championing exclusivity and cheering for consolidation. Now that Xbox is dead, they want to play nice.

Hope Sony tightens the leash even more.
hopefully the new CEO has the Jim Ryan mentality of competitiveness, Sony can't put a single game on Xbox ever, they're snakes, look what they've done to MLB the Show, it's not enough that they receive the game, they have to put it on GamePass to make PlayStation seem like a worst place to play, the same thing for Death Stranding PC, they took advantage that Sony doesn't have the rights to the PC version and put it on GamePass

• brain
Reactions: The Icon and Puff

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I’d be fine if it were to go fully multiplatform… but…

Xbox is kinda a dead platform… so… why waste the effort?
i won't, i don't want Sony to put anything there, they don't even buy games today, let that platform have a long and slow death year over year and then steal their console base marketshare when they're no longer here, long term gain is much more significant

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i'll add even more, this game bothered even Phil Spencer and made him port beg, Sony can't let Arrowhead remain independent, Microsoft was trying to buy Housemarque in 2021, with the success of Helldivers, they'll make everything they can to steal this studio from Sony

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
they completely ignored all 90+ GOTY contenders Sony released in the last 10 years

It's a matter of playerbase, Halo/CoD/Sports US casual dudebros playing Xbox would want to play Helldivers 2 because it appeals to what they generally play.
Heck, they can even play the game with the same friend group they play the other games with.

But yeah, seeing all of this unfold is pretty funny.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
It's a matter of playerbase, Halo/CoD/Sports US casual dudebros playing Xbox would want to play Helldivers 2 because it appeals to what they generally play.
Heck, they can even play the game with the same friend group they play the other games with.

But yeah, seeing all of this unfold is pretty funny.
they're not prepared for this new PS Studios multiplayer vision, this is just the first one, we have Concord, FairGames and Horizon Multiplayer coming up in the next months/years

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
they're not prepared for this new PS Studios multiplayer vision, this is just the first one, we have Concord, FairGames and Horizon Multiplayer coming up in the next months/years

I am not counting the eggs until they hatch, seeing Helldivers 2 have great initial success in the doesn't mean they'll all be winners or even get to the finish line.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Helldivers holding pretty damn well to consider it a long term player especially if they keep up the cadence of updates.

Console too… tracking one spot ahead of Dragon’s Dogma for the top 10 in country. Not so shockingly… FF7 dropped out after week one. So it’s still charting. Also worth noting that Rainbow Six siege is popping off on both console and steam big time.

So we still goin… I’m still thinking 8-10 million at this point. Would like to see real numbers but we should get info with the next Circana drop.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I had a feeling HD2 would cause FOMO with them. The games that dominated the brand in it's heyday were multiplayer shooters, they're used to getting all the relevant ones. Concord will be like this too.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Sony should port games to Xbox for 5 billion dollars each. Microsoft needs to pay up

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I’d be fine if it were to go fully multiplatform… but…

Xbox is kinda a dead platform… so… why waste the effort?

Exactly, I don't mind if it goes to Xbox but there's no real benefit. Xbox is totally collapsing.

I don't care about GAAS exclusivity... just single player or traditionally exclusive games.

Like GT7 should always be exclusive for instance. Despite becoming live service-y