Helldivers 2 port begging from xbox fanboys is insane!

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Yes, they were dumb enough to put Lego Horizon on Switch, so this move wouldn't surprise me either.
Wont happen 99%, helldivers makes money from copies being purchased not through mtx if it had been f2p with skins and battle passes that people buy by the truckloads then this rumor would have some merit but you never know these days and if arrowhead spent time on porting the game to Lbox instead of focusing on getting the 3rd faction out then holy shit

Reactions: Muddasar and Puff

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Wont happen 99%, helldivers makes money from copies being purchased not through mtx if it had been f2p with skins and battle passes that people buy by the truckloads then this rumor would have some merit but you never know these days and if arrowhead spent time on porting the game to Lbox instead of focusing on getting the 3rd faction out then holy shit
i know it's extremely unlikely, just laughing at these Xbox idiots 😂 but on the 1% chance it does happen, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Sony only makes like 20m-40m on their most successful PC ports. If Xbox offered them a GamePass check for $50 million, I don't see this stupid greedy shortsighted Sony turning that offer down. They were willing to pay $250m for Suicide Squad 😂

game-pass-targets-2022.jpg

Reactions: On Demand
26 Nov 2023
i know it's extremely unlikely, just laughing at these Xbox idiots 😂 but on the 1% chance it does happen, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Sony only makes like 20m-40m on their most successful PC ports. If Xbox offered them a GamePass check for $50 million, I don't see this stupid greedy shortsighted Sony turning that offer down. They were willing to pay $250m for Suicide Squad 😂

Does that figure include what they would make on Helldivers? Because that game sold way more than any of their PC ports. Reason I’m skeptical of this rumor is because I would imagine a Gamepass deal would be pretty expensive for Helldivers

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Does that figure include what they would make on Helldivers? Because that game sold way more than any of their PC ports. Reason I’m skeptical of this rumor is because I would imagine a Gamepass deal would be pretty expensive for Helldivers
I don't consider Helldivers 2 to be a port because it released day/date on PC. I'm talking about their other games like God of War, Horizon, Spider-Man, etc. If they're content with their biggest franchises only making <$50m on PC, then I don't see why they would balk at a $50m deal for Helldivers 2 on GamePass.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
With current Sony leadership they would be dumb enough to do this.

Same way MLB went to Xbox and gamepass and not PS plus.
MLB the show going on Xbox and GamePass wasn't a Sony decision. I don't know why people keep having to be told this. Also, Sony is not going to be putting up new or new-ish AAA first party studio games on PS+. They learned that the studio loses money when that happens (Horizon).

I know male centric hobbies tend to have very weird men, especially when brands are involved, but God damn. Why is the Xbox community this fucking weird. Like bro, come the fuck on.

26 Nov 2023
I don't consider Helldivers 2 to be a port because it released day/date on PC. I'm talking about their other games like God of War, Horizon, Spider-Man, etc. If they're content with their biggest franchises only making <$50m on PC, then I don't see why they would balk at a $50m deal for Helldivers 2 on GamePass.

I’m pretty sure they would make that distinction too especially since Helldivers is a few months old and not a years old franchise. Even if they are fine with those PC sales for their ports, none of them did close to the numbers HD2 did so doesn’t seem at all logical they would lowball any sort of subscription deal

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I’m pretty sure they would make that distinction too especially since Helldivers is a few months old and not a years old franchise. Even if they are fine with those PC sales for their ports, none of them did close to the numbers HD2 did so doesn’t seem at all logical they would lowball any sort of subscription deal
God of War Ragnarok did almost as well as HD2....it sold 11m units in 3 months on PS4/5 and made well over 1 billion in revenue since it came out. The PC port for it will probably do as well as GoW 2018 did, which was only 60m~ revenue in 2 years. Not to mention, HD2 is a gaas game that can benefit from more players, I also wouldn't be surprised if it released on the Switch 2.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Sony putting up on Gamepass a game that by now might have sold close to 15 million copies and probably still sells really well, really is a very stupid idea.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
MrBoomsticks is claiming he has insider info that Helldivers 2 is dropping on GamePass later this month 😳😳

On gamepass?! ROFL.

These people make a living on engagement farming because Xbots will believe anything.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer
26 Nov 2023
God of War Ragnarok did almost as well as HD2....it sold 11m units in 3 months on PS4/5 and made well over 1 billion in revenue since it came out. The PC port for it will probably do as well as GoW 2018 did, which was only 60m~ revenue in 2 years. Not to mention, HD2 is a gaas game that can benefit from more players, I also wouldn't be surprised if it released on the Switch 2.

Mostly talking about the numbers HD2 did on PC. Doesn't make sense they would look at those number on PC and PS5 and then lowball for a subscription on Xbox. And again, GoW is gonna be just shy of two years old by time it comes to PC, like their other ports. I think I'm struggling to see the correlation between expecting a newly released game to sell the same as a 2 year old port. Even though it's GaaS HD2 showed it can sell copies so there's no real need to throw it to a subscription. I would sooner believe an Xbox port than it launching day one on GP on Xbox

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Knowing Sony/PS short sighted decisions I wouldn’t be surprise if PS put live service games on Switch 2 day 1 with PC.

At this point the best place to play PS games & best place to play games in general is PC/Steam & a close 2nd Nintendo. And Sony shows no signs of bolstering there first party lineup to increase first party output. So expect this dreadfull first party output while Nintendo releases a minimum of 5 Nintendo games sometimes hitting near 10 per year (including remaster/remake & big expansions for existing games)

The only thing making me still keep my PS console is that fact I bought it day 1 & have PS+ stack for 3 more years. I generally don’t see buying a PS6 if I can simply wait & not get squeezed by PS & its platform that’s more expensive then PC. PS only ace card is the fact they still have 2 fromsoft exclusive games to its console but even that it seems likely they would be ported to PC so they would completely get rid of any fomo from there console & PC user will get 2 games that are the most coveted that’s still a reason to buy a PS console. The amount of when will bloodborne/demon souls get ported to PC post I see on there own reddit is crazy & most people are asking for a remake knowing if it gets remake it’s likely only being remade to be ported to PC instead of actually pushing console & bending the knees of PC gamers & other gamers on other platform to fully invest in the PS platform

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
MLB the show going on Xbox and GamePass wasn't a Sony decision. I don't know why people keep having to be told this. Also, Sony is not going to be putting up new or new-ish AAA first party studio games on PS+. They learned that the studio loses money when that happens (Horizon).

I know male centric hobbies tend to have very weird men, especially when brands are involved, but God damn. Why is the Xbox community this fucking weird. Like bro, come the fuck on.

Apparently it wasn’t a Sony decision so we’ve been told. The game was on on gamepass too.

I know about the affects of day one games on a service has. The point is it’s a very bad look to have your own game on gamepass but not ps plus.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Apparently it wasn’t a Sony decision so we’ve been told. The game was on on gamepass too.

I know about the affects of day one games on a service has. The point is it’s a very bad look to have your own game on gamepass but not ps plus.

Sony putting MLB on PS+ would have killed the franchise, but as long as it appeases people on how it looks, especially people who don't even play the game...

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Sony putting MLB on PS+ would have killed the franchise, but as long as it appeases people on how it looks, especially people who don't even play the game...

Sony looked very weak when MLB was announced for gamepass. And still does. I know why it’s not on ps plus.

They should’ve tried harder not to end up in this situation. If they're even bothered by it or didn’t want it to happen anyway.

Like I said current Sony leadership would approve of all these things.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

Man if Sony can finesse 200+ million for helldivers 2 from xbox then I can't even get mad, it would be foolish to do but would be funny to the extremes

• they're_right_you_know