Helldivers 2 port begging from xbox fanboys is insane!

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I’m almost 270 hours in and beside a couple of shit patches, the game is as fun as it ever was right now. The player drop in my opinion is quite normal for this type of games.

Plus, it is a small team just a bit bigger than an indie studio. Not even a juggernaut like Bungie can produce big content updates that fast lol
Exactly.
the smart thing to do was to contact Sony about outsourcing with a support studio to buy Arrowhead some time to rework their post launch plans
To pull something off like this in less than half a year? You would need to have the worlds most elite HR recruitment lmfao, unrealistic expectation but I see the point he's trying to make.

Reactions: Entropi

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Exactly.

To pull something off like this in less than half a year? You would need to have the worlds most elite HR recruitment lmfao, unrealistic expectation but I see the point he's trying to make.
Do y'all get off on twisting words? Lol

But before the resident A.I bot starts spamming the mods with reports about my posts I will exit this thread. Since apparently speaking on post launch support is now trolling and hating.

Y'all have fun in this circle jerk.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

But before the resident A.I bot starts spamming the mods with reports about my posts I will exit this thread. Since apparently speaking on post launch support is now trolling and hating.

Y'all have fun in this circle jerk.
I felt like we having a normal back and forth, sorry about that :(

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
But I am speaking in general? They were the ones saying they want to make it the greatest GaaS of all time. And it's a great game. However it's clear they had no solid road map in place after the breakout success. I know they said they had to go back to the drawing board after the success and that's why the CEO stepped down to speed things up, which it is why roadmaps are good because it sets expectations and allows both parties to be on the same page.
It's is nonsensical to think they don't have a roadmap. All game developments, including the development of post launch stuff obviously have roadmaps.

These games are made by hundreds or thousands of people split into several different offices/studios/companies and cost up to a few hundreds of millions.

So obviously everything is budgeted, organized and coordinated with roadmaps that define the different deliverables of each team. The work of some of these teams depend on other teams to have completed certain tasks and so on, so they need to have clear goals and delivery dates for their tasks, in addition to future stuff to do next in the roadmap once they're done with whatever they're doing now.

These game roadmaps get revised and updated periodically, normally after any decent milestone delivery and/or minimum every quarter or half a year.

Until now they have been releasing what they promised at launch: monthly warbonds in addition to updates with rebalancing, fixes, changes and additions that featured new weapon types, stratagems, mechs, mission types, biomes, ship upgrades, QOL and a lot more.

Some time ago they said that regarding the non-warbond updates were going to be less frequent combining them into beefier updates, which helps to optimize the time testing, fixing and certificating stuff.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Pretty sure I have been having a civil conversation in here with people. How about you stop trying to patrol my comments and again fuck right off.
There's no twisting words, you came to the thread posting stuff like this:

Eh people still care about Helldiver 2? Arrowhead fucked up so bad by having no plans for post launch support.
Except Arrowhead clearly had no internal roadmap for post launch except the minor meta stuff. Failure on leadership
And on top of that call people "resident A.I bot" etc

Since apparently speaking on post launch support is now trolling and hating.
To speak about post launch support, to comment the existing one, to mention you'd like to see more, to mention cool stuff they could add is perfectly ok.

To say they fucked up so bad having no plans for post launch support -which is clearly totally wrong and a lie-, mentioning a failure in leadership when they are obviously so successful is a different thing.

But before the resident A.I bot starts spamming the mods with reports about my posts I will exit this thread.
Good idea, good bye.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It's is nonsensical to think they don't have a roadmap. All game developments, including the development of post launch stuff obviously have roadmaps.

These games are made by hundreds or thousands of people split into several different offices/studios/companies and cost up to a few hundreds of millions.

So obviously everything is budgeted, organized and coordinated with roadmaps that define the different deliverables of each team. The work of some of these teams depend on other teams to have completed certain tasks and so on, so they need to have clear goals and delivery dates for their tasks, in addition to future stuff to do next in the roadmap once they're done with whatever they're doing now.

These game roadmaps get revised and updated periodically, normally after any decent milestone delivery and/or minimum every quarter or half a year.

Until now they have been releasing what they promised at launch: monthly warbonds in addition to updates with rebalancing, fixes, changes and additions that featured new weapon types, stratagems, mechs, mission types, biomes, ship upgrades, QOL and a lot more.

Some time ago they said that regarding the non-warbond updates were going to be less frequent combining them into beefier updates, which helps to optimize the time testing, fixing and certificating stuff.

There's no twisting words, you came to the thread posting stuff like this:

And on top of that call people "resident A.I bot" etc

To speak about post launch support, to comment the existing one, to mention you'd like to see more, to mention cool stuff they could add is perfectly ok.

To say they fucked up so bad having no plans for post launch support -which is clearly totally wrong and a lie-, mentioning a failure in leadership when they are obviously so successful is a different thing.

Good idea, good bye.

Stop quoting my comments how about that! I literally do not interact with you on this site and tend to ignore you most times when you reply to me. Typing up all this shit as if you think I care or I'm interested in anything you have to say at any given point in time. I said what I said and best believe I still feel the same way..

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well, in fact if we look back to see all the stuff they released in these 5 months after launch is a ton even for larger GaaS projects.

We have to remember that in this project, like in any AAA game they don't only have the lead dev team developing stuff. Games like Helldiver 2 have around a dozen support teams, in case of first party games like this one some of them internal Sony support teams, and other ones external outsourcing firms.

Regarding hirings, they normally take months. First they make estimates and projections with the available numbers of the GaaS compared to other ones to have a few possible scenarios of the future of the game and also the next projects of the studio, and how possible changes.

Example:
  1. Estimate of the future KPIs with the previously planned post launch support
  2. Estimate of the future KPIs game with some hirings to add more new stuff more frequently in small updates
  3. Estimate of the future KPIs hiring almost a full team to develop big ass yearly expansions like in Destiny
  4. Estimate of the future KPIs reducing post launch support to move faster to the next game
  5. Estimate of the future KPIs making both points 2 and 3
And well, also analize how this matches with SIE's marketing roadmap, SIE's current stragegy regarding budgets, manpower, etc. (maybe they want to save money this quarter but for them is ok to do it at a future point, let's say after the Christmas season or when starting FY or something like that). Normally there's a lot of paperwork and politics with the HQ here.

And this is after having done some work planning and roughly budgeting all these scenarios etc.

Once they approve something and let's say the related new budget includes to hire (either to grow Arrowhead or via outsourcing/support teams) a certain amount of coders, designers, artists, animators, etc. They start to search them.

It is normally a process that takes some time because in many cases the best candidates live in another city/country and need help with the visa, to find a new home, needs a few months to complete to whatever they were doing etc.

There's also the interviews process. Depending on the company/studio, candidates may have up lo like over a half a dozen interviews: one or two HR people, who's going to be their lead insider their division, who's going to be their producer, maybe the head of the studio, maybe some additional top expert of the studio in his/her division/area, etc. All that people normally is super busy, so frequently the candidate has to spread the interviews across a month or so. Then they deliverate to decide the hired ones.

And once they are hired in the office they need a time -could take up to a handful months- to get trained (something that in positions like coders, in cases like this one gets longer when they don't use UE or Unity as engine) and integrated in the team/project/studio/company.

Because there's a somewhat similar workflow to make games, but a ton of things are different from a company to another or even inside the same company between different studios. Things like internal tools, methodologies, approval processes, best practices etc.

When instead of growing the project manpower -at least partly- via hirings it is done via support teams/outsourcing, the process is shorted but can be blocked if these teams already have their roadmap busy with other projects already signed and may not be available until X months or years in the future.

An acquisition is also something that sometimes requires up to over a year of negotiations, due diligence, etc. And well, acquiring them doesn't make them to work faster. If something, the related hirings for growth pretty likely would be delayed to made them after the acquisition.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I’m almost 270 hours in and beside a couple of shit patches, the game is as fun as it ever was right now. The player drop in my opinion is quite normal for this type of games.

Plus, it is a small team just a bit bigger than an indie studio. Not even a juggernaut like Bungie can produce big content updates that fast lol
Yup. The game is doing fine, they were derailed by technical issues and they needed to shake up their dev pipeline and process which set them back several months. The game is still great and we know there's lots of content in the pipeline.

Reactions: Entropi

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I like that they aren’t doing the monthly warbonds anymore, just cosmetic armors and some random guns and emotes aren’t really doing much for the game. They need a bit more gameplay additives at this point

Reactions: Danja

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
That sub 30k peak for Helldivers is uhhhh…. Should be highly concerning. Its last 30 days have tracked lower than D2’s historical lowest performance on steam

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
That sub 30k peak for Helldivers is uhhhh…. Should be highly concerning. Its last 30 days have tracked lower than D2’s historical lowest performance on steam

With this said… you will see the Xbox fanbase use this forthcoming data to justify a port saying that a live service would need more players than that and thus needs Xbox port.

Sure, it needs more players (maybe not) … but what xbots are failing to realize is …. Xbox is a dead console and porting to it will be a waste of resources.

If Xbox actually moved hardware maybe we could be humoring a port … but it doesn’t. It’s dead hardware. Microsoft is taking their software fully multiplatform and backing off of gamepass. Read the room. There’s no need to port it and there’s no need for any developer to support Xbox hardware moving forward. It’s so over

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Yep, I've taken to calling it blogging - talking about rumours, unverified leaks, opinions unrelated to the game, shilling, etc. It hasn't been journalism for a long, long time.

I'm thinking that these double barrel gaming rumor is related to that HD2 tag on Xbox Wire. Whatever that is

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

Putting it on xbox isn’t gonna improve its CCU on steam nor really give it a significant sales boost.

The only thin tht can propel HD2 back into the top 5 is a bi content drop and it seems like thats what they’re actively working on. But again, HD2 is already the best selling game of the year, it can die completely tomorrow and it will have exceeded expectations 10x’s over

HD2 doesn’t have to be Destiny or Apex to be successful it already is because its not F2P

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Putting it on xbox isn’t gonna improve its CCU on steam nor really give it a significant sales boost.

The only thin tht can propel HD2 back into the top 5 is a bi content drop and it seems like thats what they’re actively working on. But again, HD2 is already the best selling game of the year, it can die completely tomorrow and it will have exceeded expectations 10x’s over

HD2 doesn’t have to be Destiny or Apex to be successful it already is because its not F2P
Plus their gaas income will be reduced since they decided to make the premium currency farmable. Haven't had to pay for a single battle pass yet

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Crazy how Xbox players seem to think Sony needs them the same way MS needs Sony..... Sony didn't run out and buy dozens of multiplatform developers like MS did, they bought Bungie, and left them alone as a contractual agreement. MLB was forced to be multiplat as part of the contract to keep the license. Is their any other samples of Sony putting a game on Xbox?

They're huffing copium I'm afraid, sucks to miss HD2 though, it was awesome.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
The sub 30k ccu peak less than 6 months post launch is honestly kinda not good and definitely at the point of concern if they expected them to stay up. Once you got below 20k you’re look at point of no return for most games too.

“But it’s not f2p” doesn’t mean much either. It’s not like f2p kept The Finals relevant. Destiny’s latest expansion is $50 and another $50 for the rest of the year for instance.

Their current service model is not great at player retention if that’s what they’re trying to accomplish. And they surely are to some extent considering the frequency of Warbond drops. It depends what kind of player metrics they’re okay with.

Edit: keep in mind I beat the media to this

Will do my best to give decent analysis consistently. Do less to predict but see what journeys some of these games make.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Why is a mod editing my comment to tell me to relax in here? Yet it's okay for a certain member to come in here patrolling my comment implying I'm a hater and spreading FUD for simply stating post launch support has been weak? For a game I was vocal supportive of and a studio I was advocating for before it 'it was cool to do' and before many jumped on the Bandwagon when it was a commerical success.???

I don't care if this gets me a warning or whatever but please be consistent and stop the selective pearl clutching and protecting of that horrible pretentious corporate slave member Yurinka however way I reacted was justified.... And that's that!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: arvfab and JAHGamer