Helldivers 2 port begging from xbox fanboys is insane!

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
And then you have to look at how much $ MLB is risking by going to another publisher with the license. Several years of no game revenue vs a check from Microsoft for a few million$.. gee it's like you are negotiating from a perspective of Sony being the only ones to lose. The first rule of negotiations is you always have to be willing to get up from the table, Sony should have been willing to do that since overall MLB is small money compared to their business model. You can say they made calculations all you want but at the end of the day Sony had leverage they didn't want to use because their current leadership has no sense of urgency and would rather pick up pennies by porting stuff to PC than preserve their wallet full of hundreds of dollars on console.

Several years of no game revenue? Based on what exactly? Like I said, EA and 2K already had baseball games. Selling these on all platforms was going to make them more revenue than they were getting by selling it just on PlayStation, especially with Microsoft's GamePass deal. You think they put it on GamePass for a few million? No. Microsoft had to give them as much as they could imagine could have sold on Xbox relative to PlayStation.

You keep making things up here and none of it adds up.

You keep pushing for what clearly would have been an overreaction.

• You didn't realize the difference between MLB/MLBPA and FIFA/Club Football
  • You didn't realize that EA and 2K both have their own baseball engines
    • EA last made a major baseball game in 2007
    • 2K last made a major baseball game in 2013, just 6 years before this agreement was renewed
      • The idea that it would take them "years" to spin up a new baseball game is delusional
  • You didn't realize that Sony has no other sport to run to
  • You conceded that you thought it would be better for them to close the studio and lose out of tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue and profit
The first rule of negotiation is that you have to be willing to get up from the table? No, that is fantasy. There may be a point where making a baseball game with MLB wouldn't make sense for Sony, but your own argument doesn't make sense. If the fear is that an MLB game would be on GamePass, walking away from the table doesn't prevent that. All it does it remove Sony from the equation and massively reduce their income. In fact in having to close the studio, most of those people would probably end up working on the new product anyways.

Fanboys would cut off their own nose to spite their face.

Again, you don't even play this game. You have no idea what you're even talking about. You're only worried about bragging rights as a fanboy, and how this damaged your ability to console war.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
That's the difference between fanboys and business people.

Saying no to MLB would have likely meant losing out on tens of millions of dollars in profit and probably cost 100+ people their jobs with San Diego Studio closing down, but at least Sony could say their game wasn't on GamePass or Xbox right?

Like how can you say something so ridiculous and not stop to think... yeah, maybe I'm just not right here.

Saying no to MLB would have been malpractice. It's easily one of Sony's best selling games EVERY year. They're almost certainly making MORE money off of it now than they did before.

The only ones butthurt over it is fanboys who don't even play the game...

Again they’re business partners. Sony could of shown MLB it makes no sense to spend time and money on a platform that doesn’t buy games. How much more sales did adding Xbox amount to? Nothing groundbreaking I’m sure. There’s still not even a PC version which shows how much they really wanted to go this multi platform route.

All adding Xbox and gamepass did was make PS owners question why are Sony treating another platforms consumers better than their own.

The fact that they went along with this tells me it’s not so shocking to expect HD2 on Xbox. XB fanboys trolling or not.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Again they’re business partners. Sony could of shown MLB it makes no sense to spend time and money on a platform that doesn’t buy games. How much more sales did adding Xbox amount to? Nothing groundbreaking I’m sure. There’s still not even a PC version which shows how much they really wanted to go this multi platform route.

All adding Xbox and gamepass did was make PS owners question why are Sony treating another platforms consumers better than their own.

The fact that they went along with this tells me it’s not so shocking to expect HD2 on Xbox. XB fanboys trolling or not.

See you're still blinded by your bias. Microsoft guaranteed MLB their sales by putting it on gamepass. Whether it sells or not makes no difference to them. They already got their money from GamePass.

Sports games don't sell great on PC.

Microsoft obviously approached MLB and said, we really want you to be on Xbox and we're willing to pay for it and MLB said you need to be on all consoles if we're going to move forward with you, hence Switch.

No one actually cares, just fanboys.

HD2 probably won't hit Xbox simply because Xbox isn't doing well enough. Maybe if Microsoft wants to pay for it though.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
See you're still blinded by your bias. Microsoft guaranteed MLB their sales by putting it on gamepass. Whether it sells or not makes no difference to them. They already got their money from GamePass.

This is why gamepass is distructive. The selling point is “you don’t have to care about sales, here is money up front.”

All MS got them to agree on is short term cash with no regards to the longevity of the game.

It’s a funny coincidence Metacritic score became average again going multiplatform.

Sports games don't sell great on PC.

If MLB wanted to grow the franchise by going multi platform you have to start somewhere right? At least according to narratives on the great virtues of putting games on everything.

Microsoft obviously approached MLB and said, we really want you to be on Xbox and we're willing to pay for it and MLB said you need to be on all consoles if we're going to move forward with you, hence Switch.

So now it was MS that cause this? Which is it?

I believe Sony has more decision power with MLB than people say. It’s just they actually wanted the game on Xbox. Which I’ve heard from people that supposedly have information about this.

No one actually cares, just fanboys.

It’s a business which involves money made, money loss and marketshare. Somebody cares.

HD2 probably won't hit Xbox simply because Xbox isn't doing well enough. Maybe if Microsoft wants to pay for it though.

The only hint for me that it’s not is when the game launched and the developer on Twitter was laughing at Phil Spencer saying it doesn’t help anybody not being on Xbox.

And responding to someone asking about an Xbox version, saying that it’s not their decision to make. They’re focused on fixing and updating the game.

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
SLB1904

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
The quicker this fail the quicker we can move on

Edit: wrong thread. Talking abou concord

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
This is why gamepass is distructive. The selling point is “you don’t have to care about sales, here is money up front.”

All MS got them to agree on is short term cash with no regards to the longevity of the game.

That's a decision for MLB though, not for Sony. Again, that's what happens when you're licensing a game. You don't get to make all the calls. That's just reality and while difficult for you to grasp, it is still reality.

It’s a funny coincidence Metacritic score became average again going multiplatform.

It was always going to be multiplatform. It was going to be PS4 and PS5. It going to Xbox and even Switch isn't going to make a huge difference. If anything it got Sony a devkit for Switch 2 early...

If MLB wanted to grow the franchise by going multi platform you have to start somewhere right? At least according to narratives on the great virtues of putting games on everything.

So now it was MS that cause this? Which is it?

It doesn't matter whether MLB reached out to Microsoft or the other way around.

I believe Sony has more decision power with MLB than people say. It’s just they actually wanted the game on Xbox. Which I’ve heard from people that supposedly have information about this.

You believe this because you want to believe it. I gave you evidence that it was MLB who wanted this because you thought that didn't exist and you just ignore the evidence because it doesn't match your bias. You didn't know this because you don't even play the game.

It’s a business which involves money made, money loss and marketshare. Somebody cares.

Didn't happen. The game continues to be one of the best sellers year in and year out.

The only hint for me that it’s not is when the game launched and the developer on Twitter was laughing at Phil Spencer saying it doesn’t help anybody not being on Xbox.

And responding to someone asking about an Xbox version, saying that it’s not their decision to make. They’re focused on fixing and updating the game.

Helldivers isn't a system seller. It could have gone to Xbox, but Sony still wants to squeeze players out of Xbox. That's why there is no Lego Horizon on Xbox.

• haha

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
i know it's extremely unlikely, just laughing at these Xbox idiots 😂 but on the 1% chance it does happen, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Sony only makes like 20m-40m on their most successful PC ports. If Xbox offered them a GamePass check for $50 million, I don't see this stupid greedy shortsighted Sony turning that offer down. They were willing to pay $250m for Suicide Squad 😂

game-pass-targets-2022.jpg

Helldivers 2 on PC made far more than 20-40m.

It sold 6 million at least on PC and counting. Not including the Mtx.

No chance 50 million is enough though I wouldn’t be surprised an Xbox port might come.

Just not on Gamepass.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Helldivers 2 on PC made far more than 20-40m.

It sold 6 million at least on PC and counting. Not including the Mtx.

No chance 50 million is enough though I wouldn’t be surprised an Xbox port might come.

Just not on Gamepass.
I didn't say Helldivers 2 did...obviously it made a lot more than that 😂 And it's not even a port, it launched day/date on PC. I'm talking about their actual ports like God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon, etc

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
What's the real shit take is the idea that Sony is so short sighted that they directly contribute to gamepass, which at the time was threatening to gain a full head of steam and completely undermine Sony's entire business model. MLB is a profitable game but not as profitable as their entire b2p portfolio+ 3rd party. I would have shut down the studio rather than be forced to make a popular game and put it on gamepass

From what I understand the game was published on Xbox by MLB itself. Sony made the game, but decisions about releasing on Xbox and how it was released were out of their hands.

• Informative
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
MrBoomsticks is claiming he has insider info that Helldivers 2 is dropping on GamePass later this month 😳😳

In the latest episode of Mr. Boomstick XL’s X-Vlog Live, a live YouTube podcast, he discussed a very vague rumor with his co-host, CMoney.

Boomstick alludes to a rumor that he was told just the day before, and CMoney concurs that he knows what that rumor is. Boomstick says that he won’t break trust with his source, and also told CMoney to keep quiet. But Boomstick says other YouTubers and influencers, including K. Asante, Hargeet Chani, and Parris Lilly, have all heard the rumor.

Boomstick says if this rumor is true, it’s “gonna break the internet. It’s gonna break Bats, like Batman and Bane.” Boomstick shared a clue, but worded it in such a way that if you don’t know what the rumor is, you wouldn’t get it.

Gaming Journalism is dead 😂

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Eh people still care about Helldiver 2? Arrowhead fucked up so bad by having no plans for post launch support.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters