Helldivers 2 port begging from xbox fanboys is insane!

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Every gaas game gets hit with that accusation. it's simply impossible to keep everyone's attention forever.
Except Arrowhead clearly had no internal roadmap for post launch except the minor meta stuff. Failure on leadership

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What's the purpose of this question? And what's the correlation?
The point is, why speak about a game that you don't play? We have had content since launch. Maybe not on the level of a destiny expansion, but to say that they have no plans for content is just disingenuous or a lie.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The point is, why speak about a game that you don't play? We have had content since launch. Maybe not on the level of a destiny expansion, but to say that they have no plans for content is just disingenuous or a lie.
Obviously I played the game, do I still play? No! Their post launch road map has been garbage.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Except Arrowhead clearly had no internal roadmap for post launch except the minor meta stuff. Failure on leadership
lol selling 12 million units of your game when you were projected to do a couple million is far from a failure from leadership, but go off dude.

Roadmaps matter less when your took the customers money at the door.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
lol selling 12 million units of your game when you were projected to do a couple million is far from a failure from leadership, but go off dude.

Roadmaps matter less when your took the customers money at the door.
What does sales and expectations have to do with my comment on post launch support? Roadmaps matter for GaaS

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
What does sales and expectations have to do with my comment on post launch support? Roadmaps matter for GaaS

They’ve had great success but yes when it comes to the roadmap planning side of things, they have come a bit under prepared. Im pretty sure they weren't expecting players to progress as fast as they have. And so many players too.

They will need to use that newly gained dosh and spend it on speeding up there previous plans. I have faith in them though, they delivered way better than I thought they would.

Personally I havent got too far in the game but I know others have, Im only level 14. Some more modes and things to do would e great too

Reactions: Danja

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I have not seen one live-service game where the road map was praised for years and years, in all honesty. The expectation is always "fun forever" but that's never the reality, same game will always be that same game at the end of the day.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They’ve had great success but yes when it comes to the roadmap planning side of things, they have come a bit under prepared. Im pretty sure they weren't expecting players to progress as fast as they have. And so many players too.

They will need to use that newly gained dosh and spend it on speeding up there previous plans. I have faith in them though, they delivered way better than I thought they would.

Personally I havent got too far in the game but I know others have, Im only level 14. Some more modes and things to do would e great too
Right! And that's all I am saying. I dunno why people in here are up in arms about the truth!. Once the money started rolling in, the smart thing to do was to contact Sony about outsourcing with a support studio to buy Arrowhead some time to rework their post launch plans.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I have not seen one live-service game where the road map was praised for years and years, in all honesty. The expectation is always "fun forever" but that's never the reality, same game will always be that same game at the end of the day.
Okay! Mr. Combative, you are absolutely right! Post launch support is useless in a GaaS game and gamers deserve to not have a clue what's coming... Silly me

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Eh people still care about Helldiver 2? Arrowhead fucked up so bad by having no plans for post launch support.
I think you posted in the wrong thread, the "Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying" thread is this other one.

You hating a company or a game doesn't mean they are fucked up. Helldivers 2 had the biggest launch in Sony's history, they're the polar opposite of being fucked up.

Regarding interest, these are the HD2 google searches compared to Hellblade 2, Princess Peach Showtime, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, Luigi's Mansion 2 HD during the last 3 months (doesn't include HD2's launch peak):
image.png

Same with YouTube searches:
image.png

Yo yes, even if obviously over the time declines as happens with every single game, half a year after its release people cares more about Helldivers 2 than the main MS and Nintendo releases of this year.

Arrowhead has been frequently releasing many game updates with new content, features, improvements and fixes. We've been talking about in related Helldivers 2 threads. You can watch their social media or discord to get more info.

Obviously they had a post launch support plan, and in fact their back then CEO said that after they saw the big launch they changed their plans to increase such post launch support efforts. Which means they need time to grow the team, plan, budget, design, develop and test the new vision. So pretty likely we're months away of seeing the results of that extra post launch support on top of the originally planned one.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I think you posted in the wrong thread, the "Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying" thread is this other one.

You hating a company or a game doesn't mean they are fucked up. Helldivers 2 had the biggest launch in Sony's history, they're the polar opposite of being fucked up.

They have been frequently releasing game updates with new content, features, improvements and fixes. We've been talking about in related Helldivers 2 threads, or you can watch it on their social media or discord.

Obviously had a post launch support, and in fact after they saw the big launch they changed their plans to increase such post launch support efforts, which means they need time to grow the team, plan, budget, design, develop and test the new vision. So pretty likely we're months away of seeing the results of that extra post launch support on top of the originally planned one.
Or you can piss off and save me the laundry list of texts.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Okay! Mr. Combative, you are absolutely right! Post launch support is useless in a GaaS game and gamers deserve to not have a clue what's coming... Silly me
Lol, not trying to be combative. Just speaking from my own experience. I played 160 hours of HD2 and no matter what they add, it will not hold my attention as much as it did during launch. but that's how I play games, I move on quickly. So I cannot speak for everyone on this matter. I can't just say they "failed" to keep my attention because I was ready to move on. Hope that makes sense.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Lol, not trying to be combative. Just speaking from my own experience. I played 160 hours of HD2 and no matter what they add, it will not hold my attention as much as it did during launch. but that's how I play games, I move on quickly. So I cannot speak for everyone on this matter. I can't just say they "failed" to keep my attention because I was ready to move on. Hope that makes sense.
But I am speaking in general? They were the ones saying they want to make it the greatest GaaS of all time. And it's a great game. However it's clear they had no solid road map in place after the breakout success. I know they said they had to go back to the drawing board after the success and that's why the CEO stepped down to speed things up, which it is why roadmaps are good because it sets expectations and allows both parties to be on the same page.

Reactions: voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Obviously had a post launch support, and in fact after they saw the big launch they changed their plans to increase such post launch support efforts, which means they need time to grow the team, plan, budget, design, develop and test the new vision. So pretty likely we're months away of seeing the results of that extra post launch support on top of the originally planned one.
I feel as if you're one of the only posters on this board that has great understanding that things can't happen at the snap of a finger in this industry.
Game is 5 months old, having the expectation that they are able to contract devs, and get content pumping just a few months is very unrealistic.

Reactions: Yurinka

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

I’m almost 270 hours in and beside a couple of shit patches, the game is as fun as it ever was right now. The player drop in my opinion is quite normal for this type of games.

Plus, it is a small team just a bit bigger than an indie studio. Not even a juggernaut like Bungie can produce big content updates that fast lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs