Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

D

Deleted member 223

No boss planet is a downer. The titans are a good fill in for the time being but nothing like a boss with different attack mechanics.

D

Deleted member 223

I bet there will be eventually.
A no brainer to include it as DLC and I also bet they will. As a H1 vet you do miss the third faction, the boss planets, and the vehicles - more content, more variety, deeper gameplay. There are so many new ways where they can take this game as well. I worry about their studio size and their ability to deliver big meaty updates while the game is hot (there is only a short window to capitalize upon and the competition is stacked to the teeth in manpower). Pretty sure this game got a lot of outsourcing help from Sony.

If folks that didn't play H1 think H2 is good now, consider how good it will be when those things are introduced. Just sucks that it was not there Day 1 as a full package. Would have gladly paid full asking price ($70) for those things in it.

Playing on harder difficulties introduces new enemies. Fought that insanely big insect.

Bile Titan.
The game is lots of pure, chaotic fun. I can't wait for all the bugs to get fixed.

Speaking of bugs...the one where you get caught up in the rotating player loading bay when joining someone's ship has happened to me a ton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
A no brainer to include it as DLC and I also bet they will. As a H1 vet you do miss the third faction, the boss planets, and the vehicles - more content, more variety, deeper gameplay. There are so many new ways where they can take this game as well. I worry about their studio size and their ability to deliver big meaty updates while the game is hot (there is only a short window to capitalize upon and the competition is stacked to the teeth in manpower). Pretty sure this game got a lot of outsourcing help from Sony.

If folks that didn't play H1 think H2 is good now, consider how good it will be when those things are introduced. Just sucks that it was not there Day 1 as a full package. Would have gladly paid full asking price ($70) for those things in it.

Bile Titan.

Speaking of bugs...the one where you get caught up in the rotating player loading bay when joining someone's ship has happened to me a ton.

You play on PC? I only had 2 crashes so far on PS5. No other bugs except the matchmaking they fixed yesterday with the new patch.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
well matchmaking on console works now…

Had players randomly jump in and friendly fire carpet bomb the whole place killing me repeatedly.

It’s partly my fault. There’s visual cues for everything in this game as it’s designed well visually too … but i wanted to play more solo to train and to read in-game tells on the screen, map and HUD.

I’m also not the biggest fan of calling in scorched earth attacks because I’m quick enough to shoot everything in the face.

There’s no dodge roll mechanic. I’ve been diving out of close attacks and it’s a bit wild because you’re put into the position that you have to dodge one attack but pull out a close range weapon quick while on your back to survive the next. It’s intense but that’s the way.

There’s a lot of information to process. Including terrain and its affect on movement. Skill ceiling will be very high here.

D

Deleted member 223

There’s a lot of information to process. Including terrain and its affect on movement. Skill ceiling will be very high here.
Their terrain vaulting system needs refinement. "Procedurally generating terrain" will always net you the "I should be able to vault here but the game simply does not respond". That becomes more aggravating when in a hectic retreat or positional warfare. In that way, curated maps are king. I've already encountered that many times over in this game although as a gamer I'm used to those limitations.

You play on PC? I only had 2 crashes so far on PS5. No other bugs except the matchmaking they fixed yesterday with the new patch.

I've only being kicked out twice with crashes when opening the character customization screen where you can choose your gun and armor etc. The loading bay bug is not critical, you're simply stuck inside that part of the ship. Luckily, when the ship owner starts a match, and the countdown goes to 0, you go along.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Ah I was wondering if the game was procedural. Makes sense that it would be that’s for sure.

There’s two annoying gameplay bugs I’ve encountered so far…

One is pullling out my handgun in first person but my hands are positioned to hold it like a shotgun and it kicks like one while using the handgun model and blocking my view of sights altogether.

The other is my grenade cursor not showing up when I pull one out at all…. Both are frequent.

D

Deleted member 223

Ah I was wondering if the game was procedural. Makes sense that it would be that’s for sure.

There’s two annoying gameplay bugs I’ve encountered so far…

One is pullling out my handgun in first person but my hands are positioned to hold it like a shotgun and it kicks like one while using the handgun model and blocking my view of sights altogether.

The other is my grenade cursor not showing up when I pull one out at all…. Both are frequent.
https://gamingbolt.com/helldivers-2-features-terrain-deformation-and-procedural-generation

Procedural generation up to a degree of course.

With matchmaking now working I had to turn mine to friends only. Fucking randoms... i need peace.

New controller mapping suggestion:
=================================

Reload/weapon fire options on R1,
Voice wheel/Mark on d-pad down: Better for maneuvering the wheel with the right stick AND less chance of accidental press.
Grenade selection on Square.
Inventory option to d-pad left.

Much better imo.

Grenade selection on d-pad left feels completely off (which is what encourages this change).