Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Its like Battlefield, it's a lot more fun with a squad of people you know and communicate with.
Definitely is but I've had as much fun with randos. Only once did a person now know WTF thy were doing but I'm surprised it was only once.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem and Box

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I wasn't gaining medals or progression but I was on and playing fine during maintenance. I wonder if progression is fixed now?
Still not getting rewards for missions
Still down for me

I'd say it's ok now, but I didn't double check it. I'll check it now. Edit: I'd bet the rewards aren't fixed at least in PS5.

Maybe medals/progression fixes maybe are only applied on PC. Or who knows, maybe are applied to some servers and later they'll keep updating the rest of the servers.

Sometimes server fixes require some time to be uploaded to all servers, because instead of shutting down all servers they shut down empty servers and avoid to enter new players to the other ones until they are empty. Once down, they update that server and once fixed they allow new players to enter there. This normally explain why the game is down for some people, fixed for other ones and running but not fixed to other ones. It's just a matter of time that fixes get applied to all servers.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Bo_Hazem
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'd say it's ok now, but I didn't double check it. I'll check it now.

Maybe medals/progression fixes maybe are only applied on PC. Or who knows, maybe are applied to some servers and later they'll keep updating the rest of the servers.

Sometimes server fixes require some time to be uploaded to all servers, because instead of shutting down all servers they shut down empty servers and avoid to enter new players to the other ones until they are empty. Once down, they update that server and once fixed they allow new players to enter there. This normally explain why the game is down for some people, fixed for other ones and running but not fixed to other ones. It's just a matter of time that fixes get applied to all servers.
It got fixed and I was in the game with you when I posted this it's since been corrected.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Message from their discord 1h ago (I still have issue joining matches/sending invites/with rewards):

arrowhead said:
Hey Everyone,

Thank you for your patience during the server maintenance. With it we deployed three “rapid-fixes” aimed at improving the situation with rewards often not being handed out properly, login-issues, and server capacity.To speak in technical terms, our services as well as our partner services have a rate limiter that denies connections beyond a volume per minute to prevent the entire system from failing.

We managed to increase the rate limit from 10,000/min to 20,000/min and the total capacity of concurrent players was increased from 250,000 total to 360,000 total. This was however still not enough as the player count jumped to 360k after 5 1⁄2 minutes.As such, the issue with login remains.

If for any reason you get the “Failed to connect to server”issue it means that the maximum number of login requests for that particular minute is exceeded and/or that the servers are full and will require someone to log out before allowing new players in.

As mentioned above, the increased capacity should require less retries to get in.As for the reward issue, the fix was mitigated but not resolved. And without additional server maintenance this will still not work as intended. If you get the issue you can try rebooting the game to increase the chances of it being reset.

This is due to the high traffic on the servers leading to rewards not being tracked correctly by our servers. I know the progression issue is frustrating, especially for newer divers that want to unlock sweet gear.

For now, please once again accept our sincere apologies for the issues you’re facing and rest assured, we’re doing our utmost to make it right. In order to do so, right now it is crucial that our team gets some sleep and we will be back at this again in a few hours.

Regards,
Johan"

I think their "partner services" = Microsoft Azure Playfab

I’m getting into matches more consistently now. This game is a blast to play! Level 16 now.

Is this considered indie or AA? Sony might have strike gold with this developer.
8 years of development, over 1000-2000 in the game credits and publisher by Sony. A lot of content and features, with a pretty accesible but very deep and well tuned gameplay, good (but not top tier) visuals and top tier audio/OST.

Sounds AAA to me.

Last edited:

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Definitely is but I've had as much fun with randos. Only once did a person now know WTF thy were doing but I'm surprised it was only once.

Sounds just like COD Zombies with randos, always a luck of the draw who you get teamed up with

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Message from their discord 1h ago (I still have issue joining matches/sending invites/with rewards):

I think their "partner services" = Microsoft Azure Playfab

8 years of development, over 1000-2000 in the game credits and publisher by Sony. A lot of content and features, with a pretty accesible but very deep and well tuned gameplay, good (but not top tier) visuals and top tier audio/OST.

Sounds AAA to me.
This is why they needed to do a Beta whether PlayStation+ exclusive or not...