Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
So is Helldivers one of those games where you need to play with people you know in order to enjoy it?

Not really. I've enjoyed it with our friends here and even had a blast with randos. Most of them don't use mics so they kinda appreciate when you talk to them. Played with one girl and we managed a challenging mission with only 2 people. She's good and did all the heavy lifting. Must be a Destiny veteran.

Last edited:
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Gotta go for the objectives. Kinda a Helldivers rule. Always pay attention to the map ruler at the top of the screen, to see the markers players create, they'll guide you. Also identify early who is the alpha dog that's gonna lead to objectives (usually the host as a courtesy - but not always).

Yeah sometimes they kinda give me the lead because I use a headset and most randoms don't use mics. Just don't be pushy and go with the flow.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
connectivity is getting better and i'm getting rewards again but the amount of crashing is a bit of a downer

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
This is why they needed to do a Beta whether PlayStation+ exclusive or not...
Well, most of these bugs are scalability issues that only happen when there are a really huge amount of real players. In intertal testings or limited betas normally these issues don't appear or aren't visible.

But yes, betas always help for online MP games, because at least some of these plus other ones also may happen there.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well, most of these bugs are scalability issues that only happen when there are a really huge amount of real players. In intertal testings or limited betas normally these issues don't appear or aren't visible.

But yes, betas always help for online MP games, because at least some of these plus other ones also may happen there.
That's why a public stress test beta would have helped? Or PS+ exclusive stress test. They weren't expecting such a huge launch which is understandable, I don't think anyone saw this coming but even so I just hope going forward Sony realizes the importance of large scale server tests. Naughty Dog is the only PS studio who has always done this when they made multiplayer games 😏

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Announcement:

Due to overseen circumstances with outlets still not rating the gane we will have to push back the drawing of the winner of the competition. Rest assured once reviews come in after a few days we will do the drawing.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I question the long term appeal of the launch game but the point of keeping it going is to change the war over time. You kinda get a good snapshot of the game in a single match more or less. Plus who knows what the next few weeks have in store either. War lines will move… things should change.

It’s all dynamic and what you make of it as players. And people love those kinds of games, kinda where the appeal of BRs are; thru random, emergent gameplay and chaos.

I’ll treat this how I would a pvp game or an arcade style coin op . Just a match or two here and there and I don’t really see much of a limit on what they can do here.

And all things considered launch weekend wasn’t too rough at all. Some things broken but game still playable… I’ve seen worse so I’m happy that I even got to play.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I question the long term appeal of the launch game but the point of keeping it going is to change the war over time. You kinda get a good snapshot of the game in a single match more or less. Plus who knows what the next few weeks have in store either. War lines will move… things should change.

It’s all dynamic and what you make of it as players. And people love those kinds of games, kinda where the appeal of BRs are; thru random, emergent gameplay and chaos.

I’ll treat this how I would a pvp game. Just a match or two here and there and I don’t really see much of a limit on what they can do here.

And all things considered launch weekend wasn’t too rough at all. Some things broken but game still playable… I’ve seen worse so I’m happy that I even got to play.
This isn't rocket science, all they have to do is what Fortnite does. Every few months do an event, add worlds and different battles. The vision is clear with this one.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This isn't rocket science, all they have to do is what Fortnite does. Every few months do an event, add worlds and different battles. The vision is clear with this one.

On paper these games plan themselves sorta. We can all imagine the score. Player needs can change everything.

I imagine their roadmap for the year is modest considering team size and they’ve already said good things to hear, like working on current issues first before focusing conversations onto future content.

I don’t think it’ll necessarily do what other games do nor would I want them too. Seasonal events and stuff sure but it’s also going to need legit content and gameplay innovations.

I’m looking forward to it. New monsters. New modes. Evolving tech for terrain, weather and destruction and deformation. And that’s if it’s the same game a year from now. That’s why it’s exciting to see players happy and devs making money 😎