Hi-Fi Rush in development since 2017 as per developer - MS paid to block it off PS5 through Bethesda acquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Sorta amusing to see folks be taken for a ride because of this game. Humans never disappoint.

I guess this is what happens in the age of social media. Crisis actors crying hypocrisy from Phil only elevate the clown, the game in question, and give his followers the platform to do the trolling, as a few posters who everyone knows by name are doing in this thread.

Can't fault them tho... it's your own stupidity. The fact that folks wrestle with these posters without realizing that you'll never get what you want out of them says quite a lot (repentance, admittance as opposed to denial, "going away", accepting shame). There is an old saying on Tennessee, I know is in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once........shame on.... you. The fool me can't get fooled again!

Any press is good press keeps Xbox in the conversation - always.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
So @adamsapple is back, several weeks after being banned on GAF, because Xbox finally has a first-party exclusive

200-18.gif

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Game looks fantastic.

Yes, Microsoft bought Bethesda to take those games away from PlayStation.

Bethesda is the best thing Xbox has going on by far. Unfortunately Doom Eternal is the last game I will ever play or buy from them.

Jet Grind Radio, JSRF ports and/or a sequel would make up for it tho. Pls SEGA.

Reactions: toadsage44

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

wow, well there it is, straight from the horses mouth.

Xbox - Why can't you make something for yourself?

Not that the game looks very good, but it goes to show what MS is all about. Steal from others, fail to nurture or create internally, and then pull out daddy's wallet to make it all OK.

Disgusting business practice.

No wonder Japan hates Xbox.

No way, but Phil said this a week or so ago.....

“We turn away from dividing players and creators, and instead towards each other, as we advance and amplify joy together. This is the echo effect of gaming joy.”

• haha
Reactions: toadsage44

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I just cant take PS fanboys talking shit or dismissing this game's hype after Stray from last year... talk about an overhyped game. This game is FARRRR better than that shit and isn't even anywhere close to being as overhyped.

Yall didn't say shit about that now did yous..? :rolleyes:

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: adamsapple
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

Game is OK, maybe a 7.5/10. the rhythm parts are actually the worst part about the game, more frustrating than fun.

I will admit, the game has a certain 'cool' factor that just doesn't fit with xbox's brand image as a multiplatform box that looks like windows office equipment.

the young, cool, hip image of the Nintendo Switch is where I think this game would really flourish. Hopefully next year when Xbox goes 3rd party and exits hardware, the game can make the 'Switch' over to Nintendo's platform. Should open up a wider audience.

Overall, probably Tango's best game yet. But with TEW1 and 2 being 7/10's, not much to really brag about there.

it's a solid small-scale indie title, best played on mobile devices.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
If you guys want to talk about the game itself, may I suggest take it to the official announcement/release topic so we don't split the same discussion across 2 topics.

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I just cant take PS fanboys talking shit or dismissing this game's hype after Stray from last year... talk about an overhyped game. This game is FARRRR better than that shit and isn't even anywhere close to being as overhyped.

Yall didn't say shit about that now did yous..? :rolleyes:

odd hill to die on, when stray has been a bonafide GOTY contender and swept all industry awards imaginable. realistically one of the best games of the year right alongside elden ring and GOW.

Stray is a once in a gen masterpiece.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
If you guys want to talk about the game itself, may I suggest take it to the official announcement/release topic so we don't split the same discussion across 2 topics.

well, your crying got me banned from the thread, so i have no choice but to put my impressions in here.

PS. Japan Hates Xbox

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
PS fanboys whining about this game being in development before GamePass and MS withholding it from Playstation.... ignoring the fact that Sony OBVIOUSLY didn't see this game as worthwhile back then when they moneyhatted Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo......

Sony had no faith in this game... MS is right to withhold it from them, they don't deserve it 😊😊🥰

• thinking_hard
Reactions: adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
PS fanboys whining about this game being in development before GamePass and MS withholding it from Playstation.... ignoring the fact that Sony OBVIOUSLY didn't see this game as worthwhile back then when they moneyhatted Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo......

Sony had no faith in this game... MS is right to withhold it from them, they don't deserve it 😊😊🥰

That's a very good point.

But then again it could also be that the game was just in a conceptual phase at that point.

Regardless, the game is out now and receiving critical and commercial acclaim. Just about everyone even on this forum seems to enjoy the game.

That's great for everyone, and a good start to MS/Zenimax's official first party output.

Status
Not open for further replies.