Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition launches on PS5 October 6, and comes to PC early 2024

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
When I say some it is because I always saw PC users buying PS5 after play GoW to play Ragnarok.

Your experience doesn't matter, same as mine

For you and that small part of PC users that can wait to play games... Sony will get your money with PC games releases.

I mean Sony is not losing anything with two years old releases on PC.

And you should have data to back that up. Do you?

PS. Most console users will never buy a PC to play games... I'm included in that.

Irrelevant.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Sony for sure will canibalize alot of ps plus subscriptions money if many ps users migrate to pc
I actually see the opposite actually, at least in my country, more PC players are migrating towards PS because of coins mining that inflate hardware prices and abundance in terrible quality control.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sony for sure will canibalize alot of ps plus subscriptions money if many ps users migrate to pc
That is like having no ideia of what the gaming market is.
PS users are not migrating to PC neither the PS+ subs are decreasing.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I'd love to see you do the math on how you think that Sony cannibalizing sales on a platform where they rake in 100% of the sales revenue to a platform where they lose 30% of it AND have to try to develop for multiple hardware layouts of varying spec which increases dev time and cost somehow leads to higher profits.

A PS storefront and launcher is about all that makes your Day & Date dream really viable, fam. Otherwise, don't expect it.
A separate playstation storefront defeats the whole point and they may as well scrap the PC effort if that's their plan.

Steam is the platform.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Base om what you have no evidence at all
Wut? Yun can look at Sony own financiais... see if the PC strategy made any harm to PS+ subs.
The ideia that some forums users believes that consoles users will migrate to PC is crazy to be fair.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This is exactly why the Switch 2 is going to DESTROY the PS5 next year 😁😁

Keep up the good work Jim 🤣😂

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
The ideia that some forums users believes that consoles users will migrate to PC is crazy to be fair.
Its actually make sense to me to go with PC with this curent Jimbo decision

PC games are cheaper

PC have mods

PC online are free

PC have better graphics

PC now will have Sony First party line up( albeit not day one but its fine by me)

Whats stopping me to go with that direction

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Wut? Yun can look at Sony own financiais... see if the PC strategy made any harm to PS+ subs.
I mean I never really open my PC to play anything since probably last year.

Steam Deck is a cool thing, but the battery and heat is just kinda put me off.
Bought AC6 and RE4, never bother to open and refund.

Crawling back to consoles I guess.

Reactions: ethomaz

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I meant I like I still hate PC ports because it puts poor taste in my mount

The moment Sony annouced God of War and Uncharted on PC, welp, those PC players basically won the debate.

Just imagine Nintendo did the same shit with Mario and Zelda.

I meant it is a winning strat for Jimbo and Sony at the moment and it is a huge reach to say it would make PS players migrate to PC, but oh well.

Reactions: toadsage44
24 Jun 2022
Thank you for that non-sequitur about Xbox there.

Considering this is helping fund more PS5 games for me, and I have actually bought several of the PC ports as well later on? Yes, I'm actually quite happy with the current state of things. I still get prioritized as their primary customer, I get the option to get a version of the game later on with a lot more bells and whistles, and I get to see more money come in to help make more AAA SP titles that I love.

The $200 million in profit all their PC ports brought in FY 2022 was barely enough to fund another HFW.

And keep in mind, any AAA game just being greenlit and starting dev this year, that isn't able to re-use assets from an existing game and needs engine customizations, won't realistically see release until probably 2028.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I meant I like I still hate PC ports because it puts poor taste in my mount

The moment Sony annouced God of War and Uncharted on PC, welp, those PC players basically won the debate.

Just imagine Nintendo did the same shit with Mario and Zelda.

I meant it is a winning strat for Jimbo and Sony at the moment and it is a huge reach to say it would make PS players migrate to PC, but oh well.
I hope Nintendo sees the light too. Their hardware is embarassing, I would never buy it. But every 3-6 years there's a Nintendno game I'd consider buying if it was on a decent platform.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
What is this nonsense

I bought playstation for its exclusive games

Platform allegiance are stupid

I owe these people nothing

If such thing doesnt exist anymore i dont need to buy it

Its not nonsense. Its called switching costs and console platforms rely on that to build userbases.

I understand that enthusiasts have many platforms but the vast majority of people do not, so leaving a platform where you invested time and money is not an option.

With PS5 having BC is much easier for a PS4 user to get a PS5 instead of playing on PC as he will be able to play his old games, many with enhancements. Same with Xbox.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I feel it's too soon for Horizon PC because it's a PS5 Showcase. The first game you play when you get a PS5 to look at the amazing graphics.

Ratchet came and went and this will be the same. I predict it will sell less than half of the first PC port.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Correlation =/= causation