scary-movie-shawn-wayans.gif

game_Charts_2022-05_PCKonsole_DE.jpg

FW0z0l8XgAEhFKu

Last edited:

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
why lie though? Lying just makes you seem more upset :unsure:

There is no reality where horizon is not charting as a top selling game. The only games selling better than Horizon this year are Lego, elden ring, and Pokemon and this is after bundles, it was number #3 this year before that. I know its tough to see but we’ll get through it

I like how you didn't include the actual June chart where Horizon doesn't manage to break into the top 20.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I like how you didn't include the actual June chart where Horizon doesn't manage to break into the top 20.

For the exact reason that you said it charts in the UK, becuase the NPD doesn’t count bundled games as individual sales

Why else would it not chart in a month with bundles in the us but it would chart number 2 in the uk with the same bundles?

Think Winnie The Pooh GIF

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
For the exact reason that you said it charts in the UK, becuase the NPD doesn’t count bundled games as individual sales

Why else would it not chart in a month with bundles in the us but it would chart number 2 in the uk with the same bundles?

Think Winnie The Pooh GIF

It charted at 8 in the UK, not 2.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It charted at 8 in the UK, not 2.

Oh, so it’s number 8 for the entire month of june (a month where elden ring didn’t chart at all) and that was for digital and physical sales

Also this game is going on 6months old, are we supposed to pretend its supposed to be in the top 3 all year in order to be relevant? The original horizon wasn’t charting at all around this time and still went on to sell 20 million.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
I never seen anyone "claim" Elden Ring for Xbox, that would be stupid.

The fact that Elden Ring has overshadowed Horizon's release makes a lot of people angry, though.
Are we seriously going to act like Xbox fans don't put multiplats up against PlayStation exclusives whenever PlayStation has a GOTY candidate

God of War vs Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil 2 vs Death Stranding

There are other examples too

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Are we seriously going to act like Xbox fans don't put multiplats up against PlayStation exclusives whenever PlayStation has a GOTY candidate

They used BoTW to down play the original horizon also

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Hobbygaming

Warnen

15 Jul 2022

all those games are mulitplat

D

Deleted member 140

I loved the game but doing an award show in the middle of the year confuses me.

I would guess it's about getting attention?

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I loved the game but doing an award show in the middle of the year confuses me.

I would guess it's about getting attention?
No, it's just a cut-off date. Not even Geoff's The Game Awards show takes into account every game releasing from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 in a calendar year.

Even for TGA, it leaves a few games releasing at the end of the year. So it's the same thing with this show: an arbitrary 12-month period.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Oh, so it’s number 8 for the entire month of june (a month where elden ring didn’t chart at all) and that was for digital and physical sales
It's #8 with forced bundles where people essentially weren't able to buy a PS5 without the game packed in. Good for you if you find that impressive. Btw, the game was 4 months old in June. One would expect at least some legs.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
It's #8 with forced bundles where people essentially weren't able to buy a PS5 without the game packed in. Good for you if you find that impressive. Btw, the game was 4 months old in June. One would expect at least some legs.
Horizon Forbidden West was charting before the bundles

Bundling it with PS5 is a brilliant move to gain mindshare too

Get Over It GIF by Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.