How many concurrent players will God Of War Ragnarok have on Steam?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The problem is they judge the profit on the cost to port rather than against the cost of the whole project
Ports cost big money too. But that is non factors, when you justify everything with - we are reaching 3 billion gamers !! 😂

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
xC0Nrya.png

How do they not see the damage they’ve done to their own ip?

gzxzZCN.png
Damn that account sounds familiar, it could be a post here. So much truths. JAHgamer?

Reactions: Puff

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Steam souldn't count for the average and amount of positives and negative -but should leave there- the reviews made by people who played less than 5 hours a game. And the ones from players who refunded -in addition to don't be counted- should only be visible to the dev.
Refunded reviews do not count to the Positive VS Negative percentage. They remain on the store page with yellow text saying "This user refunded the product" or something similar, may be "product has been refunded"

It would be stupid to have refunded reviews only show to the developer, as there are countless developers on Steam who aren't the savory type who definitely deserve the Negative review, if someone couldn't see the review and why the person refunded the game then you would have less insight into the public's thoughts.

Reactions: Yurinka

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Reckon it will do 500K concurrent players on the weekend.

20K on Steam.

480K on Piratebay.
They don't use P-Bay anymore.

It's at ~23k on launch day but I imagine that number will go up on the weekend, and once again, full price ports for old games will always do worse than when the game was new, locking 175 countries out from buying the game drastically lowers potential sales, some people are petty about PSN sign-in, and CCU isn't an indicator of total sales.

A game could sell 500k+ copies and only have a handful of them playing at the same time.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I think they will do SM2 and if even that disappoints then they will truly smell the coffee, GOWR has problems but it doesnt have problems to get a 69% rating lmao. This is the same crowd that lapped up the plagiarism trash Palworld and rated it 95% lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Refunded reviews do not count to the Positive VS Negative percentage. They remain on the store page with yellow text saying "This user refunded the product" or something similar, may be "product has been refunded"
Nice, I didn't know this.

It would be stupid to have refunded reviews only show to the developer, as there are countless developers on Steam who aren't the savory type who definitely deserve the Negative review, if someone couldn't see the review and why the person refunded the game then you would have less insight into the public's thoughts.
The dev is the one who has to see it, just in case there is a technical issue they have to fix. If it's just a childish moronic reason like a review bombing for a non-issue it shouldn't be shown publicly to don't engage review bombings.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Icon era logic: How come this old full priced port marketed on a PS Blog entry doesn't sell as much as when the game was brand new and had a MKT campaign that costed the same as what Chelsea spent on transfers lately?

Just relax, game will keep selling and be profitable. Same as most ps ports.

When looking at the list of remaining PS4 games left, there's not many left. Excluding dead games like drive club or dreams (a shame) or games that will release on PC like Until Dawn and TLOU2, we have:

Bloodborne
Knack/Knack 2
Killzone Shadow Fall
Uncharted trilogy
Wipeout omega collection
Infamous second son
Gravity rush 2
Medieval Remake
Shadow of the colossus remake
The last guardian
GT7

Once Sony gets most of these out of the way they can focus on the PS3 ports to PS5/PC. That's also one of the reasons nixxes was purchased.

Last edited:
  • haha

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What American peak?

As I said, the one many games depending on the day have at 2:00 or 3:00 UTC

image.png

It's at 16k and going down. Flop budget game. They'd rather play Banana.

They're lucky if they sell 500k lifetime. You should go update your list with fake numbers and write 3 millions sold to make yourself feel better 🤣
CCUs are not a good source for sales estimates, particularly for SP games.

image.png

image.png

User reviews are a better source for estimation of units sold/Steam owners/users playing the (non-pirated) game.

Ranking of publishers with the most user reviews in Steam history, combining the main publishing lables each top publisher has (not updated until today, it's from a few days ago), Sony is in the top 10 with under 20 games when most of the other ones have over 100:
image.png

• haha

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Nice, I didn't know this.

The dev is the one who has to see it, just in case there is a technical issue they have to fix. If it's just a childish moronic reason like a review bombing for a non-issue it shouldn't be shown publicly to don't engage review bombings.
True, I agree that if it's a bull review then it should be taken down (which I'm 99% sure you can report reviews for abuse or spam)

also yeah, years ago I asked steam support about the percentage and whether or not refunded reviews count towards it, they replied that it doesn't. I can try to find a snapshot of it if you would like me to.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
also yeah, years ago I asked steam support about the percentage and whether or not refunded reviews count towards it, they replied that it doesn't. I can try to find a snapshot of it if you would like me to.
Don't worry, not needed. I believe you.

Some trivia from several friends who run gamedev studios: on average around 10-18% of the game sales in Steam end getting refunded.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Why? It's exactly the same
God of War is not nearly as popular as the Grand Theft Auto franchise, GoW is a great franchise, but GTA is simply way bigger and is a casual household name, you can go to anyone on the street and ask if they have heard of GTA or "Grand Theft Auto" the game was literally a point of controversy for several years.
God of War's entire franchise has sold an estimated 66+ million (as of November 2023) compared to Grand Theft Auto's entire franchise which has sold more than 425 million with 200+ million of that being only GTA:V.

This is why I say that it isn't a genuine comparison, GTA will always sell loads no matter the platform or how long it takes to port.
I am 100% willing to bet it will sell less than it did on Console because the ones who badly want to play GTA 6 and can't wait will get one. That is just how it works when it comes to waiting a year or more to release on PC.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
God of War is not nearly as popular as the Grand Theft Auto franchise, GoW is a great franchise, but GTA is simply way bigger and is a casual household name, you can go to anyone on the street and ask if they have heard of GTA or "Grand Theft Auto" the game was literally a point of controversy for several years.
God of War's entire franchise has sold an estimated 66+ million (as of November 2023) compared to Grand Theft Auto's entire franchise which has sold more than 425 million with 200+ million of that being only GTA:V.

This is why I say that it isn't a genuine comparison, GTA will always sell loads no matter the platform or how long it takes to port.
I am 100% willing to bet it will sell less than it did on Console because the ones who badly want to play GTA 6 and can't wait will get one. That is just how it works when it comes to waiting a year or more to release on PC.

So Sony should stop porting their games to PC then, if a 94 Metacritic entry of one of its most beloved franchises is not worthy of "full-price" (although already cheaper than the PS5 version).

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
As I said, the one many games depending on the day have at 2:00 or 3:00 UTC

image.png

image.png

image.png

User reviews are a better source for estimation of units sold/Steam owners/users playing the (non-pirated) game.

Ranking of publishers with the most user reviews in Steam history, combining the main publishing lables each top publisher has (not updated until today, it's from a few days ago), Sony is in the top 10 with under 20 games when most of the other ones have over 100:
image.png
But you can't say that 200k bought the game and only 23k showed at a time. Games that sell ok on steam usually peak at 50k and higher.

Also, Sony games will gather more reviews than any other game due to first being popular and because there are always positive reviews to bebposted to counter negative childish reviews.

Also there are many factors why publishers with 100+ games gather less reviews. Such as releasing very old classic games that are barely reviewed or because they simply don't sell very well to begin with.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Idiotic take. The game just came out. CCUs on launch is 100% representative of sales. SP games or not. The higher the CCU the more sales (duh), 22k is on the lowest end, flop territory for a big known IP. 1/3 of the first GOW so it's easy to compare.

No AAA publisher on earth would be satisfied with this CCU for their strongest brand. It's pathetic numbers.

Anyway, I know you will continue playing dumb and act like the game is selling millions. The CCU could be 200 and you would do the same damage control. It gets tiring I don't know why I bother replying.

Reactions: arvfab
23 May 2024
Where are these people? HFW sold less and the rest like TLOU, Sackboy, Ratchet, Uncharted and Concord sold so low it's not even worth mentioning. PC sales are declining.

There are as many people on PS4/PS5 that didn't play it yet, it was pointless to port them. It's cannibalization.
Sales are declining because the ports are so damn late. Day and Date and the pc crowd will be there when the hype around the game is actually present.

• haha
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: arvfab and Exicide

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
So Sony should stop porting their games to PC then, if a 94 Metacritic entry of one of its most beloved franchises is not worthy of "full-price" (although already cheaper than the PS5 version).
Metacritic is a completely meaningless number to the average consumer who doesn't care what people's reviews are about a game and just because a game has great reviews does not mean you should port it over full price years after it was already released.