How many concurrent players will God Of War Ragnarok have on Steam?

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Metacritic is a completely meaningless number to the average consumer who doesn't care what people's reviews are about a game and just because a game has great reviews does not mean you should port it over full price years after it was already released.
Isn't it technically $10 cheaper

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Sales are declining because the ports are so damn late. Day and Date and the pc crowd will be there when the hype around the game is actually present.
They don't think that's the case even though Helldivers 2's success is largely attributed to the fact that the game launched Day & Date on all platforms, had it been a staggered release onto PC, less would have bought it on PC.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
The intense emphasis on CCUs to determine the success of a single-player game port that likely didn't cost more than $3m is honestly v. strange.

This isn't a F2P game where you have to have a lot of people on at the same time to maximize the chances of MTX sales. This is a premium $60, the win state for Sony is for someone to buy it.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Metacritic is a completely meaningless number to the average consumer who doesn't care what people's reviews are about a game and just because a game has great reviews does not mean you should port it over full price years after it was already released.

Ok, let's have the same energy with Rockstar then. Or any indie which releases their games on consoles after an initial PC launch.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Ok, let's have the same energy with Rockstar then. Or any indie which releases their games on consoles after an initial PC launch.
Indie games are oftentimes a lot cheaper to begin with
Either way, I really really hope y'all snag the indie game Nine Sols, be it full price or on sale, when it comes out on PS5. Game is peak.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Indie games are oftentimes a lot cheaper to begin with
Either way, I really really hope y'all snag the indie game Nine Sols, be it full price or on sale, when it comes out on PS5. Game is peak.
PS+ or nothing. We're not paying for late ports.

The budget is all on the PC version anyway. Porting is cheap and doesn't need to sell to be profitable. They should give it away to grow the brand.

Reactions: arvfab

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The intense emphasis on CCUs to determine the success of a single-player game port that likely didn't cost more than $3m is honestly v. strange.

This isn't a F2P game where you have to have a lot of people on at the same time to maximize the chances of MTX sales. This is a premium $60, the win state for Sony is for someone to buy it.
With that logic they should've released it with $10 price tag because it only costs $3 million to make which is cheaper thab the cost of developing small indie game

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
PS+ or nothing. We're not paying for late ports.

The budget is all on the PC version anyway. Porting is cheap and doesn't need to sell to be profitable. They should give it away to grow the brand.
I don't really care how y'all play it as long as y'all play it lol I just think its cool and kind of metal a game with a lot of Sekiro influence

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Where is this concept that PC players are pirates and PlayStation players only buy games coming from?
The fact that Sony's first party games don't sell 20 million on steam?

Well that is more likely down to two things:
1, that late ports will always sell worse
and 2. There is much more competition on steam

I think Sony's push on PC has been hit and miss and they should probably stop doing ports at times like this when their internal studios are having trouble releasing new PS5 exclusives like.

Where is Bends studios new game? Bluepoint, Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog, and Media Molecule?

Why release Ghost of Tsushima on PC when GOT 2 hasn't been announced yet? At least with Horizon ZD on steam in 2020 we already knew Forbidden West was on the way. When Spider-Man remastered and miles Morales launched on Steam two years ago we knew Spider-Man 2 was coming soon to PS5.

How ever this idea that piracy has never been an issue on consoles is absurd?
The Nintendo DS and Wii had huge piracy issues: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/01/millions_of_wii_games_pirated_in_2011

The Xbox and PS2 had Piracy issues: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4315172.stm

I think you guys forget that one of the reasons the PSP sold over 80 million was because of how easy it was to pirate games that Peter Dille had to officially address it: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2009/04/sony-piracy-is-a-huge-problem-for-the-psp/

Capcom which is one of the few gaming companies out there not laying off people like crazy in 2024 was selling nearly 50% of their software on PC alone in November 2022:

and of the last quarter 43% of total games sales was from PC:

Anyway my point is not that Companies should prioritize PC over Console but I just don't get where this weird narrative that PC players pirate everything comes from?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
With that logic they should've released it with $10 price tag because it only costs $3 million to make which is cheaper thab the cost of developing small indie game
Margin matters.

If you release it for $10 then how do you envision to do with it comes discount season?

Get the early day 1 ppl at near full price for the standard edition, get the rest via discounts etc.

The point is CCUs are a bad measure for single player titles.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Sigh.... I was quite happy to see Sony do PC ports years ago, PS games always felt super gatekept by it's publisher.... 4 years later, all it has done is "make PS irrelevant" and sprout of a bunch of other disingenuous statements. I thought more players is a great thing for IP growth but turns out..... it was better when everything was just an exclusive. Crazy for me to think the gaming community would be mature enough to accept a more open approach to IP growth :ROFLMAO: