Jason Schreier/Bloomberg: PlayStation boss Jim Ryan is stepping down

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Jimbo : pc is our competitor

Also jimbo : keep porting games to PC
I don't think the overlap is as perfect as you think. I have PC and PS5, some games I prefer to buy on specific platforms. E.g. BG3 on PC. BG3 also released on PS5, so there is competition there and Sony needs to make PS as competitive in comparison to alternative versions as possible. But I would never wait several years to buy GoW on PC, and I assume a lot are the same. They should cancel PC ports simply because of low sales and makes the exclusives look weaker, not any other factor.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Did you increase your trolling level or something, you can not be serious right?
he is right. (more or less)

Why do you think PS was able to make Horizon Zero Down?

1. Halo irrelevancy
2. Being able to partner with Activision to get CoD marketing and time-exclusive shit.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Wonder if having a Japanese person as the CEO of PlayStation (and the whole company) is to either strengthen ties with Japanese partners or help with a Japanese acquisition?

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Wonder if having a Japanese person as the CEO of PlayStation (and the whole company) is to either strengthen ties with Japanese partners or help with a Japanese acquisition?
This is the guy that's pushing to 1billion users.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Thats dumb

Playstation first party studios are different than third party publishers
consumers' time and money are the same.

if sony flood its portfolio with a GasS is going to inevitably cannibalize other ones.

look at genshi impact and the other one.

Sony as is (Single-player narrarive driven centric games) are not really competing with the CoD's, Apex, and Fortnites. and the few and far between third party single player games (the wizard game) can benefit from sony's marketing. if sony suddenly has its own wizard game....someone is going to lose.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

if sony flood its portfolio with a GasS is going to inevitably cannibalize other ones.

Sony as is (Single-player narrarive driven centric games) are not really competing with the CoD's, Apex, and Fortnites. and the few and far between third party single player games (the wizard game) can benefit from sony's marketing. if sony suddenly has its own wizard game....someone is going to lose.
Playstation could lose Reeee customers though, like three of them.

Playstation could win the heart of casual consumers, but Reee customers would boycott them.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023

In general you're correct but the demographics on Playstation wildly differ. E.g. the 1 million people who only play CoD on Playstation, and however million that primarily play it or other games (Fifa) on the platform without much connection to 1st party games. GAAS targeting consumers like that is simply trying to replace 3rd party games in that genre with 1st party games in the same vein. I do not play CoD, I will likely not play the GAAS releases, so as long as Sony isn't stripping funding from Insomniac to make them what is the issue?

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Shawn didn't get this treatment.

Now is time to be concerned. it seems Jim hates America.
Shawn deserved to be canned.

He the one who greenlit PC ports.

Jimbo has been with PS for 30 years, I hate him as the guy who owns the forum but, well he deserved some credits.