Jason Schreier/Bloomberg: PlayStation boss Jim Ryan is stepping down

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Team ICO makes one game a decade, none of which have been successful. ICO and SOTC were masterpieces but barely sold anything. Gravity Rush is really not that good of a game anyways.

The only series i miss is Ape Escape, they botched the series with a million japan only spin offs.
Im not really talking sales or anything lol. I enjoyed the Siren games, Gravity Rush, LocoRoco, Tokyo Jungle etc etc.

Having team Ico games for me would be amazing. Dont care how long they take lol, Studios like Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch are making 2 games a decade atm lol

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
If my grandmother had wheels, she'd have been a bike.

Fact - Sales targets were missed last quarter. The only person responsible for that is Jim Ryan.

One Q1 missed the target = doom and gloom. Whole year counts, not one quarter.

Hardware Sales for Quarter 1 FY 23/24 are up 900k year over year, Quarter 2 is usually bigger than Quarter 1 so we should see a decent sized increase for Q2.
But I didn't talk about money, so it is absolutely a strawman.

You've mentioned "pc ports selling like shit" which implies money. So, yes, you did. PC ports are just extra money and PC doesn't devalue brand. GAAS games will launch day and date on PC which is fine. Other games releasing few years later is also fine.

Of course it affected the entire industry. It still doesn't address what I said. Go read again.
1st party games are in full production, dunno what the hell you are blabbing about. Bluepoint and Housemarque released at the beginning of PS5 era. What, you already want their next games next year to release? LOL. Mind you that next year will see stuff from Sucker Punch and Bend Studio. These 2 are already working on other games before PS5 launch.
Please show data on that.

Average in EU is 64/65 for retirement. I mean, easy to google. Jim wants to retire and i don't see a problem in that.
Good to know you have a direct line with him.

Good to know that you are talking out of your ass about his retirement. Man wants to retire at 64. LOL

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
LinTao_BlogBanner_1920x1080.png

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Suck a..... Only moron is you. Are you that dumb thst you don't know he has ppl playing under his gametag to make it look like he's playing all these games. Boy you are naive lol What are you like 11?
And how the hell do you know that idiot? 😂 Stop making shit up.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Not sure what to think. This is my least favorite management PS ever had but there's a pretty good chance someone much worse comes in. At least Ryan has been with PS for decades.

Also, the fact that they don't have someone to replace him right away makes me think this isn't "health issues". If he was ill, it would have been known and a replacement ready to go when he retired.

inb4 it's Hulst. Even worse than Ryan.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Not sure what to think. This is my least favorite management PS ever had but there's a pretty good chance someone much worse comes in. At least Ryan has been with PS for decades.

Also, the fact that they don't have someone to replace him right away makes me think this isn't "health issues". If he was ill, it would have been known and a replacement ready to go when he retired.

inb4 it's Hulst. Even worse than Ryan.
Hulst hmmm idk

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Notice how you had to resort to calling names instead of answering the question. Also… your girl is one, and that’s if you even have one. 😂
Moron look at your initial posts your first responses were name calling and asanine bs. That's how I know you like 10 lol but it's OK you can be tough behind a screen online bozo/"nerd" lol

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Interview from 2022

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Jim Ryan is officially 63. Call Google and Wikipedia to correct it 😄

This man made Phillip look older than him